Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 318

Author Topic: Rise of the magic girls* OOC  (Read 283285 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the magic girls* OOC
« Reply #1995 on: June 27, 2013, 07:37:16 am »

Then even more reason. And if they hadn't provoked they would not have needed to attack.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: June 27, 2013, 07:38:59 am »

... please tell me I'm not the only one who can't make sense of Kj's last post...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: June 27, 2013, 07:39:57 am »

Yeah, they didn't really attempt to attack, they just tried to prevent Kyle from walking away.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: June 27, 2013, 07:41:37 am »

I think their slurs were more out of habit rather than actual malicious intent.
This is what I was going for.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:00 am »

Heck, even now, they've not actually hurt anyone XD

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:15 am »

It was an unprovoked attack!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:59 am »

if you had cornered someone and talked to them and they ignored you, I bet you'd put them back in line too! Infact, Kyle'd do it with wind, up against a wall and demand to be listened to :)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 27, 2013, 07:44:47 am »

"Why are any wars fought? Any sensible ones anyway. Resources. But I don't why we open just open trade-"
There may be a hint of motivation here. He clearly indicates that he doesn't see why they couldn't just open up trade rather than fight, also, knowing what resource they think they're fighting for can help future diplomatic interactions.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:46 am »

Kyle isn't for being put in line.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 27, 2013, 07:47:07 am »

THERE we go, and we're back to how diplomacy's going to be more difficult no thanks to a certain someone. :3

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 27, 2013, 07:48:51 am »

We can still question them on what "resource" they're talking about, after all, Scap did say talking is a free action. We can just negotiate for a few hours in between the occasional 15 second intervals of slapping each other.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: June 27, 2013, 07:57:14 am »

I just realized that Kyle could rupture lungs and it wouldn't be very hard.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 27, 2013, 08:50:20 am »

No we would probably be attacked and then just beat their asses while still talking. Especially if we had the mind link bracelet.
Heh.
Hm...I wonder if it would be possible to make something that lets whoever isn't there speak aloud. Angel would appreciate that. (So would Nuriel, but that's...less ideal.)

Wait? What am I saying? Non-lethal combat's fun!
Tell that to Nuriel. Well, I suppose she throws pretty good punches...

If diplomacy fails, we can just try forcibly shipping them until they leave out of embarrassment :P
That...could work.
If it wasn't insane. So it won't work.

They did say it was in their orders to stop us so it's not like I was the entire cause of it.
Well it was (and still is) possible to get them to turn a blind eye to you.
WE MUST BLIND THEM!

"Why are any wars fought? Any sensible ones anyway. Resources. But I don't why we open just open trade-"
There may be a hint of motivation here. He clearly indicates that he doesn't see why they couldn't just open up trade rather than fight, also, knowing what resource they think they're fighting for can help future diplomatic interactions.
It's an obvious lie given by their superiors. As Angel attempted to note, any resources one could find on Earth could be found elsewhere in or out of the Solar System.
Unless "resources" is a euphemism for "slaves," which would explain why trade isn't an option.

I just realized that Kyle could rupture lungs and it wouldn't be very hard.
And thus, Kyle discovers that he can murder people all on his own.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 27, 2013, 08:55:35 am »

It's an obvious lie given by their superiors. As Angel attempted to note, any resources one could find on Earth could be found elsewhere in or out of the Solar System.
Unless "resources" is a euphemism for "slaves," which would explain why trade isn't an option.
Doubtful that they want slaves, the Layar suggested open trade and I'm pretty sure they're aware that humans won't sell themselves to slavery. Hence, if we find out the lie we can mitigate or negate it.

Or we could think up of a lie to convince them to fight for us. Of course, we would need countermeasures in place to neutralize them if they find out about our deception.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:57:20 am by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 27, 2013, 09:07:29 am »

Doubtful that they want slaves, the Layar suggested open trade and I'm pretty sure they're aware that humans won't sell themselves to slavery. Hence, if we find out the lie we can mitigate or negate it.
I'm guessing that the lie was told to the soldiers.

Or we could think up of a lie to convince them to fight for us. Of course, we would need countermeasures in place to neutralize them if they find out about our deception.
...Like what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 318