Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1.2: Meanwhile...  (Read 11252 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1.1: There's something alive in here
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2013, 12:47:32 pm »

Retroactively cast CLW on Durham, and Shield of Faith on Konicek. Then cast Sanctuary on self and try to sneak past the beast.

((Oh shit, I forgot about that.))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2013, 01:33:15 am »

"Die, foul creature!" Morzain lets loose another jet of fire!

((FINALLY something other than a 1!))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2013, 03:03:06 am »

((Bumping for Gilgamesh, I guess. Don't read much into it, this is my favorite time to update my games and still waiting for actions :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2013, 06:00:16 am »

Meanwhile...

Fairin the Wizard and Elleanor the Rogue wake up groggily in a prison cell, accommodations courtesy of a local Kenku Warlord named 'Craw'. He owns the largest and most stable real estate in the port of ample, the much contested 'Keep' that occupies the central ring. And, as might be guessed, he's not terribly nice to visitors. They've been stripped of everything except their clothes, thankfully.

Search Check 15+5 vs Sleight of Hand 17+9=26

Elleanor has a small smile of her own, though, since she managed to slip a small item onto her person that they were not able to find.

How they ended up there is their own story to tell. How they're going to escape has yet been decided...

There's not much here-half of the room is bare stone, with no accoutrements but a few gnawed bones, and broken cookware. The other half is cracked flooring, dangerously teetering into the abyss-already the floor sags, as if merely minor pressure will plummet all occupants to their doom in the endless expanse of sky. A heavy door made of steel command the North wall, looking depressingly heavy, shiny and well made. Apparently Craw is somewhat more saavy in his profession than most. There is a small slot about eye height, one could fit a hand through-but it can't be opened from the inside.

The pair stares at each other awkwardly.

A guard trumps past the room, singing in an ugly voice. He sounds like an Orc.

"...There once was a wom-an, as fair as the evening, of springtime in the old Stros Mika..."

((@Kansa: I took the liberty of rolling your sleight of hand, and I'll let you choose any small object that Elleanor might have swiped before they arrested her. It's up to your backstory why exactly you're here though, but I can furnish that if needed.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1.2: Meanwhile...
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2013, 08:08:38 am »

Elleanor’s fingers tightened around the handle of her dagger as she stared at her fellow prisoner. A small smile was on her face, she had the advantage here. If this man tried to attack her she would win, he only had the clothes on his back. She relaxed for the moment leaning against the side of the cell and said.

“So what did you do to get thrown in this prison with me"

((OOC: Dagger slipped in if you couldn't tell from my post))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2013, 10:40:18 am »

((siiigh, bump))

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2013, 06:25:01 am »

oh god i'm not ready

As in it's like, 4 in the morning right now. Expect something when I'm a bit more lucid.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:24 am »

((just reporting that I'm still alive))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2013, 07:27:11 am »

((I figure I'll just auto FFS *and* Gilg next turn, run both actions concurrently..))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2013, 08:20:36 am »

((I'd have posted an action if you hadn't changed the perspective away from us without explaining that we're still able to do our thing.))

Durham waits to see what kind of strength the creature holds from his spot behind the others.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2013, 10:38:35 am »

Fairin sits up, clearly tired. He mutters to himself for a few seconds, before noticing Elleanor's question.

"...oh. Oh dear, I shouldn't have been drinking last night...hm? Oh! Hello. I, uh, suppose I must've said something last night that, eh, whoever the owner of this dungeon is didn't like. I really always am far too inquisitive when I've had a few drinks...but that's beside the point! I, uh, would appreciate if you'd take your hand off that dagger there. I've no intention of harming you."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2013, 12:04:07 pm »

Elleanor did not loosen her grip on her dagger as her red eyes continued to stare at her cellmate.

"Better to be safe than sorry, if you do nothing there is no reason to fear it. her gaze flickered towards the door and she sighed "I really wish he would shut up, he is terrible singer"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2013, 12:21:31 pm »

The Orcish sounding person continues to sing obliviously, sounding almost as if he's gargling gravel at the same time

"...Her smile was a breeze that laughed through the trees...and, the sand colored her eyes..."

It sounds like it's fading slightly down the hallway.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2013, 12:53:39 am »

Fairin slowly gets up from the floor, his lanky form quickly rising over a foot above Elleanor's head.

"I guess...either way, I feel we should eh, try our hand at escaping from here. I don't believe that whoever locked us up here has any intention of releasing us."

He tiptoes to the door, and peeks ever so slightly through the hole.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2013, 01:21:36 pm »

Elleanor rose to her feet and followed her companion over to the doorway.

"With that guard still out there we would get caught in a second, I might be able to sneak past him if I was lucky but you don't exactly look like the stealthy type. It will be best to wait until he falls asleep then I can try and pick the lock"

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11