Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1.2: Meanwhile...  (Read 11262 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1: Shove off
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 10:54:30 am »

"There's nothing wrong with making THEM part of the crew if they happen to have any skills at all on that direction. Even then, a sturdy dwarf could be a big help if we happen to run into trouble. But yeah, if the prove...."intractable", we'll have no choice but to eject them off the ship."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 12:33:25 pm »

"There's nothing wrong with making THEM part of the crew if they happen to have any skills at all on that direction. Even then, a sturdy dwarf could be a big help if we happen to run into trouble. But yeah, if the prove...."intractable", we'll have no choice but to eject them off the ship."

"Speaks truth. I'll question 'em. No skills, they're off. All we need right now are skilled people - crewmates," Durham said as he surveyed the ship. "Lemme give this a look around."

He attempted to discern which of the squatters looked the most mature, the most 'leaderlike'.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

"Very well. We can hire them. What if, however, we encounter combat? Children on board could be a liability. It is something we must consider."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:49:18 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 02:01:39 pm »

"We should just board the ship, and kindly give them some money, and ask them to get off. After they've been taken care of, we can clear out the ship."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »

"Very well. We can hire them. What if, however, we encounter combat? Children on board could be a liability. It is something we must consider."

"That IS a valid concern, but we'll figure that out when we know if they're staying or not."

"We should just board the ship, and kindly give them some money, and ask them to get off. After they've been taken care of, we can clear out the ship."

"Anciano, if they can give us a start on the crew we need, it makes sense to hire them. If not, THEN we can give them some money and send them away."
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 11:23:41 pm »

He attempted to discern which of the squatters looked the most mature, the most 'leaderlike'.

[Int Roll=2+(0)]

You draw no specific insights, but the older male usually leads Dwarven families? Right?

[Stealth 18+(2) Vs Perception 3+(2)]

The Dwarf family remains blissfully unaware, and Durham keeps his head down.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 05:05:00 am »

"Anciano, if they can give us a start on the crew we need, it makes sense to hire them. If not, THEN we can give them some money and send them away."

"We should not pay them for illegally living on our ship. They do not appear poor from their quantity of possessions; we should not reward them for their crime, victimless as it is."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 10:23:06 am »

"Maybe. We'll see what happens when we talk to them. Speaking of which..."

Morazin confidently strides up to the gangplank and walks aboard the ship. "Hello there!"

((Diplomacy roll to not immediately get ganked or something))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:27:06 am by tryrar »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 10:28:40 am »

"We should not pay them for illegally living on our ship. They do not appear poor from their quantity of possessions; we should not reward them for their crime, victimless as it is."
"If they weren't poor, they wouldn't be camping on on our ship. As it stands, they are poor, and they need our help.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:14 am »

Look around to see if it is possible to jump from the dock onto the ship or vice versa. Follow up the gangplank, but remain silient.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 12:52:34 pm »

Look around to see if it is possible to jump from the dock onto the ship or vice versa. Follow up the gangplank, but remain silient.

You guess it's about ten feet, give or take. You're not very keen on your chances of making it, even if you took off your heavy armor. Maybe only a fifty percent chance of falling screaming into the bottomless abyss forever.

Fortunately, the Dwarves have no way to raise the gangplank against your party-they cannot, in fact, operate any part of the ship at all. Without the keys you're all holding right now.

"Maybe. We'll see what happens when we talk to them. Speaking of which..."

Morazin confidently strides up to the gangplank and walks aboard the ship. "Hello there!"

((Diplomacy roll to not immediately get ganked or something))

((well that's certainly a minor don't get ganked roll success there))

The family jumps up in fright-literally. The children drops their toy swords and the girl squeaks her flute in frightfully high note. It might be comical if they didn't think you were going to slaughter them.

But...something about Morazin seems to calm them down. Perhaps it is calm demeanor, or his trusting air. The older Dwarven women takes her children and shoos them into a nearby tent, while the older dwarf reaches down and takes a heavy two handed mallet from a nearby chest. It looks like it was made skillfully from two table legs bolted together and a piece of masonry on top carved into a rough rams head.

He keeps it over his shoulder, and does not brandish it in a hostile manner, and approaches.

"Hail there Strangers. Might I inquire, what to the reason is of your visit to our humble, eh, home? With such a...well armed and warlike group?" He speaks, with a hint of Dwarvish pride.

He dips his head a moment, seeming to realize this, and subdues himself a bit.

"...we paid our...taxes...this week. You'll have no complaints from us, but, we've paid our dues. Sirs."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 03:34:24 pm »

"We're no taxmen."
Konicek shifted the glaive to lean on his shoulder, standing on the deck.
"Your humble home is ours. This is our ship. We might not throw you off, though - we got an offer for you. Gnome? You tell them."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 05:01:08 pm »

Durham merely hangs back behind the group this time, quite pleased with Morazin and Konicek's enterprising approach. Perhaps he'd underestimated them.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 05:02:47 pm »

"Our offer is that, if you know how to serve on one of these ships, we will allow you to remain on this ship as sailors, with decent pay. If you don't, we will send off the ship with some money to help you find a real home."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 02:41:01 am »

The Dwarf stares down at his feet.

"...I can't lie to yeh, we're not much a sailing folk. My wife can mend and cook, I'm...was...a stoneworker. I know damn near everything about rocks, sure-I used to...I think? Run a place where I sold things. I'm good at appraisals. I could help you get good deals...if I can remember.

We're all hard workers, though-and my children are all heres, they haven't started changing. So you don't you have to worry about them.

My daughter, she's whatem...good with music. Really brightens the day, but her memory comes and goes these days...an accident..

Please, at least take meh children and wife with ya. Don't throw us all out with just some coins, and a pat on the back.

Ye'd know there's no such thing as a real home in Tempus. We'd have our throats cut and robbed before the days out, and yeh know it. We've only survived by not having that much to take."
He says, his hand tightening on his hammer handle.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11