Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1.2: Meanwhile...  (Read 11271 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1.1: Loot, Loot
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2013, 05:12:08 am »

Konicek, fed up with tromping through a bog ship he spent on all his money on, stamps over and grabs the lever.

With true Herculean effort, he yanks it downward, scattering the roots and plants that clung to it asunder.

*chunk...chunk...chunk...*

Faint blue lines emanate from the walls and the floor for a moment, and the entire party feels a sudden rush of swamp gas, as the water and air is pulled out of the room in a reverse mist, rapidly conjured into wall sluices that lead to the drains on the bottom of the ship. It also extinguishes the rest of the fire and cleans out the smoke, no doubt an intended effect. The entire vessel creaks, and tips upward, having been relived of the weight and regained some of it's buoyancy. All that's left coating the floor afterward is solid plant, soil and animal matter. Erg, what a mess!

The party hears the rest of the sludge settling into the bottom of the ship, which still needs to be cleared out. Then again, there's still one end of the ship they haven't checked out up here.

And they hear something else at that moment, but it's far less promising-like a giant, throaty belch. It's not loud per se, but it is bassy, and they can feel the amp vibrations in their feet from belowdeck.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:25:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2013, 10:20:29 am »

....you sure you got those actions right? I seem to have went twice
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2013, 10:25:53 am »

((My mistake, mixed up names as I finished up the turn. Please post OOC in OOC thread please.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2013, 10:33:46 am »

((roger))

Morazin smiles, though it comes across as a little weak. "I do believe we can wait to clear out the lower levels a little later. For now, a small healing spell wouldn't be amiss..." Morazin meanwhile tries to stanch the bleeding of his wounds a little

Afterwards, he goes about the business of checking to see what might have been hidden by the muck
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:41:02 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2013, 10:46:04 am »

"At least we have the dwarves to clean the ship afterwards."

See what remains of the loot.

"How did these beetles even get on the ship in the first place? As soon as you are healed, we should continue and finish purging the ship."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2013, 11:30:50 am »

Morazin wraps his wounds as tight as he can, though he's going to need healing magic and quick if he doesn't want to catch death.

He starts poking around the weeds and muck...in the furthest corner, he finds a somewhat small skeletal remains of what his mind insists must have been a young woman, if the tattered and color faded womans clothes are any indication. Her belt is still intact-gingerly lifting it, he finds a glove sheath and a pouch of coins.

The pouch contains 90 coins and a folded up piece of parchment. The sheath's enchantment seems to have held longer than it's owner, since he draws a more or less clean and sharp sword from it's recesses. It's blade edge is long and curved, exotic, sleek and deadly looking.

While he sees no obvious signs of enchantment at the moment, it's certainly a work of mastery. There is a name upon it's hilt in fading letters-'Caltirac'

Which you know is Draconic for 'Cat's Paw'.

Spoiler: Cat's Paw (click to show/hide)

For a moment, he regrets that he's not the sort of person who could use this blade properly. But, with some training...who knows? There could certainly be some magic in it, after all...

Quote from: Random Loot
90 Coins
Folded Parchment
Cat's Paw, Masterwork Scimitar (1d6 damage, +1 to hit MW bonus, 18-20/x2 critical)

Konicek pokes through the remains of beetle-chewed man, grimacing.

The mans club is nothing special, a half rotted piece of mundane steel that falls apartin Koniceks hands before he has even lifted it off the ground. Next, he opens the backpack, poking his glaive haft in first in case of 'surprises'.

He finds, among other things, shattered glass and fizzing magic juice, along with a paper journal sort of book rendered nearly utterly unreadable by the elements, though he might be able to make out something.

One potion is intact though, and he plucks it gingerly. He also finds a ring made of bright blue cobalt, hidden in a small envelope. It had no gem or inscription, but the top is carved into the likeness of a many segmented insects eye. He feels a tingle of magic from it.

Quote from: Bag Loot
1xPotion (Unidentified)
1xCobalt Spider-eye Ring (unidentified)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:56:56 am by Dwarmin »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2013, 11:45:17 am »

"Durham, I'm no man of the sword, but this looks to be something of uncommon craftsmanship. Do you think you could put this to better use than I could?"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:48:48 am by tryrar »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2013, 01:48:44 pm »

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Morazin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 02:45:38 am »

Anciano waves his wrinkled hand over Morazin, chanting in a low tongue. Then he touches him gingerly on the forearm.

[Clw/1d8+2=10]

There is a flash of bright inner light that jumps from cleric to patient, and Morazins injuries begin begin to stitch themselves up, in reverse to how be obtained them.

In a few seconds, the pain is gone, and there are no marks where his wounds were, but springy pinkish skin which will fade in an hour or so.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:47:59 am by Dwarmin »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2013, 03:20:22 am »

"Thank you."((Slgiht OOC note, if Durham takes my offer at this point, I'll give him the sword, but right now...)

With the swamp gone, Morazin backtracks back to the closest room and begins searching that as well for anything valuable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2013, 04:00:34 am »

((@Tryar: I'm not sure if you meant the room all the way at the stern room or not Tryar. You're all in the bow cargo room, atm.

Bow=Front, Stern=Rear))

Morazin backtracks, cleaning out rooms, stamping out whatever tenebrous life remains. He finds nothing useful though-weeds, bones, animal litter...among the ruins, there's at least twelve side bedrooms (six on each side) with two bunks each, a kitchen (though the coldbox is empty, it's probably still functional if one finds a battery) and a largish room that looks like it once held tables and chairs for dining or perhaps recreation. Though now they are all piles of mulch.

All have been thoroughly looted, no doubt by their Dwarven patron-he even took the copper from the screws in the rotten bedframes.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:02:10 am by Dwarmin »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2013, 04:40:05 am »

Finding nothing of value, Morazin rejoins the group. "It appears our Dwarfy friend has been through here, since there doesn't appear to be anything that could possibly be construed as valuable in any of the other rooms. Given that fact, I wouldn't put it past him to have left those corpse beetles for us to "find", though I'd have expected him to have stripped the corpses first, so I've not positive on it..."

Morazin takes out the parchment he found and reads it
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:44:58 am by tryrar »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2013, 05:13:19 am »

"Maybe those were the exterminators he hired. if you're healed, firekin, we should move on. Looting this wreck can come after."
Put on the ring, head down
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2013, 05:47:46 am »

Morazin unfurls the note. It's a little tattered around the edges, but otherwise legible. It's words have been written in a strong, steady hand.

I wish I could remember my life. Before Tempus. I've been lost since that day.

Was it supposed to end like this?

Just a job, just a job, he says. A no sweat clean up. The Dwarf said, kill everything that moves on the ship, and you'll get paid-money definitely not in advance. Drain the water, one floor and two, just to be safe.

And what's the worst that can happen? I've got my lucky sword, after all. Nine lives.

We were doing fine. Lots of Corpse beetles leftover from the last crew. Nasty work, but not hard for us. Then, Woltz stepped on that Grig with his fancy boots, made of that special metal. The Grig didn't seem to mean any harm, and he just went ahead and did it...next thing we know, whose got the key, whose got the key? Dwarf gave us a key, one key. It's the only way in or out of the ship. Woltz lost it. Or it was stolen. Comes to the same thing.

Everybody's going loopy a bit too quick, in my opinion. A few split lips, over what. Woltz says he hears music when it's quiet, but he can't tell from where. I don't know what he's talking about,

Feels such a stupid way to die. I hope no one finds us down here. They'll laugh. I know the world is just a few feet away, as I lean against the wall-that blue sky, fresh air, clouds. But, we can't find that key. We're trapped. Nothing to eat that won't poison us, nothing to drink that's clean. What sort of idiots didn't design this thing to be opened from the inside? Dwarf never showed up either, given us up for dead or decide he doesn't have to pay us. Too cheap to even give us a backup key. Or maybe he knows what will happen. Maybe he's done this before-was the key real? Or was that just a hallucination too? Why would he lock us down here to die?

Roland gets a good idea, anyway. The second floor is flooded, but we can go down there, dump the emergency hatch. Then use our ropes and hooks, climb out under the ship and back up on the deck. Maybe, maybe.

But, Woltz hasn't come back. He dived down, sure. It's been a few hours. There's something else down there. Clem goes next. Likewise. Then Shepard. Yep. Nobody comes back. If we all hadn't been such cowards, if we'd gone together, instead of hoping we could live without risking ourselves...

Me and Roland...I tell him we're just gonna sit this one out. I coulda loved him, if we had more time...he wants to die for me, down there, he wants to be brave for me-he's got some potions, say's he can fight whatever is down there. Well, he tries, so hard he tries. But when I find him, he's all torn up. Keeps saying about...the arms, the arms. Arms trying to take him down into the water. You can't fight this thing in the water, it's too fast. Faster than him, even with my ring on.

Wants to try again, but we've got no more heal potions left, just some of the uppers. I would try...but I don't want to die like them...maybe I am a coward, after all.

He's not going to last long. Then, I'll be alone...so, we're just gonna go to sleep, side by side, and when we wake up...this will all be over. One way or another. Hey, maybe the Dwarf will come back after all, right? This is...I can hear them, those beetles. We didn't get them all...

I dream of a child, sometimes. My child. And in my dreams I hear her crying for me. To come home. Don't worry, I'm coming home to you...

Clara. Clara. I remember her name. I do remember.

----

Konicek puts on the ring with a goofy grin.

He feels a bit more alert and wary, as the magic takes hold...a tingling at the back of his senses.

Quote from: Item Identified!
Lesser Spider-Sense Ring: +2 Initiative, +2 to Dex skills (Stealth, Tumble, Sleight of hand), +2 to reflex saves

Add this to your inventory and put the bonuses into your mythweavers sheet if you're going to use it.

Feeling much cooler now, he leads the way down to the revealed second floor...

((will update when everyone decides to follow or not))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:50:22 am by Dwarmin »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tempus Fugit: D&D 3.5 PBP-Chapter 1.1: Memory on the water
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 05:55:30 am »

Finishing reading the note, Morazin notices Konicek starting down the stairs."WAIT! Don't go down there yet! This note I found details the dangers in the water on the second deck. Here, listen to this..." Morazin reads the note out loud
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11