Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Danger room killing dwarves after they use them?!  (Read 608 times)

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Danger room killing dwarves after they use them?!
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:19:42 pm »

Hey
I've got a working danger room in my fortress. I've fully equiped my millitary dwarf(Full iron, Iron Helm, Iron leggings, Iron breastplate, Iron gauntlets, Iron boots, Iron battleaxe). I've made sure that he had it equiped when he went in and came out. Hes skill increase as usual, but his ears and nose got broken. Now he has severe blood loss. I'm not sure how to help him? I've had this problem with other dwarfs when they've broken both their ears and they've died from infection or blood loss? I must be doing something wrong if they end up dying from broken ears!?
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Danger room killing dwarves after they use them?!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 11:21:49 pm »

Give them robes or cloaks to protect the ears.

I'm a bit surprised that breaking ears is enough to die of blood loss... if your dwarves are getting pale, you should be able to save them by just keeping them out of the danger room until they heal.  To prevent infections, use soap.  (A decent robe should prevent the wounds entirely, though.)

You are using only wooden training spears in your danger room, right?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 12:52:55 am »

Yep definetly only wooden training spears. Numerous dwarves of mine have died from broken ears...so robes should protect them from these injuries? I'll give it a try!
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:00:17 pm »

Are you using any mods? If dorfs get beat up in full gear in vanilla, it usually happens if they aren't wearing a piece of gear.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 03:02:14 pm »

Hoods and cloaks should help protect against that.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

Hoods and cloaks should help protect against that.

Pretty sure a hood won't work.

From the wiki:

Faces can't be covered by head armor.

Cloaks don't cover the head - they cover every minor body part sticking out of the head, but not the head itself.  Hoods protect only the head, not any of the minor body parts attached to it.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.