Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Important Fort-born Creature Size Information for Modders -- Updated with Guide  (Read 4224 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Important Fort-born creature size information for Modders!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 05:32:17 pm »

This would require a regen and necessary interaction tags in the civ file which is a drawback.
I've added transformation syndromes to running saves. The only caveat is that you can't remove a transformation syndrome which is active on a dwarf (and presumably any other creature), or the save crashes upon loading.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 05:51:10 pm »

Ah, I though the syndromes and interactions would need reactions, like [CAN_USE_REACTION:FIX_DWARFISM] in an entity that drops a boiling stone,in order to apply them. That's why I was thinking a regen would be required because you can't add new reactions to games already in progress without placeholders. I'll change that now, thanks for the correction.

I'm getting the error: "Access is denied: '...\\raw\\objects\\text' File "Dfmm.py", line 542, in install"... What do I do? :(

I'm loading DFFM now and I'll try and run the script. I'll let you know if I find the issues you're having and how to possibly fix them. This is my first time using the DFFM application so if anyone else has more experience I'd like some input on how to help as well.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:05:44 pm by Black_Legion »

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 06:45:59 pm »

I'm getting the error: "Access is denied: '...\\raw\\objects\\text' File "Dfmm.py", line 542, in install"... What do I do? :(

I'm loading DFFM now and I'll try and run the script. I'll let you know if I find the issues you're having and how to possibly fix them. This is my first time using the DFFM application so if anyone else has more experience I'd like some input on how to help as well.

I vaguely recall something like this. You should use the 0.7.1 version (the source version). You'll have to get python and wxpython installed to run it that way. There's links on the DFMM post just get python 2.7 and the matching wxpython version.

Otherwise the only thing I can say is make sure nothing else has any dwarf fortress files open.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 12:14:36 am »

You are onto something with transformations:
Tested with Masterworks mod 2.h - Heal nearby pet reaction in the Warkennels & Transform into Armok's ward in the temple.

Drake: before age 2, blood  562, after: age 26!, 14980
Dwarf before: age 13, blood: 864, after: age 3!, blood 2270

As for how permanent it is: The transformation seems to screw around with the birth year to (by?) a negative value (wtf??). I found two creatures in my fort that have neg. birth year, (I ran this reaction a few times before, so I assume these were  the ones healed by it) one of them normal size, the other micro size. So that's 3 out 4 transformations that fixed a creature.

This sounds like the bug I once ran into with v0.34.02 / 0.34.07. I got a dwarven child bitten by werepanda, and when the child went through the transformation the first time, she aged randomly. She gained anything from 10 years to 114 million years depending on the computer I ran the tests with.

See bug 5835. Save game (v0.34.07) included for testing.

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 07:06:25 am »

Looks like Kurik Amudnil wrote a dfhack script to fix this bug. You can read about this here in dfhack thread. It is probably worth adding this info to the first post.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »

That's interesting that the bug appeared to stem from an issue with the big time not synching with the tics that govern passage of time within DF. Essentially from what I understand from reading the thread posts by others is that if it didn't if their birthtime didn't line up with the 10 tics then they wouldn't age physically... it solves the issue where some dwarves/animals were seen to be an appropriate mass/size. They had birth times that synced correctly. These are some of the reasons I love/hate building software, bugs like these make things interesting.

Thanks for the update FengYun, lost track of the stuff going on with this issue. I'm updatingthe first post with both Kurik Amudnil and Urist Da Vinci's scripts.

***Edit: The front page has been modified with the scripts and Okami No Rey's step-by-step guide using DF Hack.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:47:24 pm by Black_Legion »

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 07:10:23 am »

I had that same issue.   Solution is to remove the text folder from your raws, then copy it back in after DFMM runs.

This is supposedly fixed in DFMM 0.7.1, but I never got that version working.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:22:04 am by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile

I can confirm that 0.7.1 runs correctly without giving the error message (which I've ran into with 0.7 as well).

I'd also like to point out another solution to the problem, in case someone missed it - the newest LNP has the growth bug already patched. If you can't get DFMM to run, this may be the best solution for you.
Pages: 1 [2]