Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ant person gratitude?  (Read 421 times)

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ant person gratitude?
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:18:35 am »

So this FB and this group of ant people fought in the caverns.  All the antpersons die except one, but they get some licks in.  The FB is pretty badly crippled.  The last antwoman and the FB face off and fight.

For the next three years.

A blood trail shows their fight traveled up and down 2 z levels and cross two screen of cavern.  Pretty epic, but whatever, and after three years I'm tired of my combat indicator always being red.  So I crack the caves open and send in the Fugly Force Five to kill the FB.  After he's dead, I send them after the antwoman, but I cancel after I notice she is no longer hostile.  She has, in fact, become 'friendly' in the units list. (as well as a Worker Ant Woman Elite Wrestler)

I guess my question is did killing her opponent make her friendly, or did she just look up and notice that everyone else was dead and was like, "hey new friends!"?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Ant person gratitude?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 01:32:51 am »

I think it is caused by them killing FBs, yes.  I've seen this happen a few times myself.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:39:46 am »

Yes, an animal person killing a FB results in them being friendly. See this for an awesome story about one: http://dfstories.com/asax-masterjails-the-most-awesome-cave-swallowman-ever/
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 12:34:37 pm »

Yes, an animal person killing a FB results in them being friendly. See this for an awesome story about one: http://dfstories.com/asax-masterjails-the-most-awesome-cave-swallowman-ever/

Yup, Asax ranks right up there with Queen Tholtig and King Cacame!

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 03:15:19 pm »

This seems to be a really common thing, apparently. I had a game with a tribe of rodent men in the caverns. A FB comes and slaughters all but one- the remaining rodent woman continues to fight the FB for over three years before dodging down a chasm, and SURVIVING THE FALL.