Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Adventures of a Void Warrior: Locked  (Read 6519 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: From the Void: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2013, 12:20:46 pm »

Turn 6

A local tavern would be a great place to stay and rest up a bit before you do anything too dangerous like meandering through the local sewers.  Unfortunately as you approach the tavern most nearby to your location, it dawns on you that you are completely broke.  While blood may be the currency of kings, the lower citizenry usually have some sort of gold coin that they use for day to day purchases.  Undaunted you walk into the tavern regardless, with the intent of gaining a room despite your lack of monetary funding.  The building is rather spacious but still packed with mostly men singing along with the songs of the nearby musician and clanking their drinks down on tables in time with the beat.  The tavern owner looks you up and down and asks you “What will it be?” with a rather indifferent expression on his pale heavily bearded face.

You lock your eyes on him and begin to speak in a rather pleasant voice, “Well good sir, I must confess my money has all been stolen from me as I entered the city district just this morning.  I am a traveler you see and did not realize just how many bandits are actually present in the area and was thus unfortunately quite unprepared when they robbed me.  Still, if you would be willing to allow me to work for a room tonight, I am rather well versed in multiple entertaining tricks that would be sure to please your crowd.”

The man scratches his balding head and you finish up your story, evidently considering the offer.  “I suppose if you really are any good with tricks, it would be a nice addition to the music we got playing.  Alright my friend, give it a go but don't disappoint us.”

With that you take a rather open place in the room somewhat near the musician.  Utilizing Manipulation, you bring forth flames into the air and begin weaving them into fascinatingly convoluted patterns.  The crowds stare bewildered at first but soon catch on that this is part of a show and begin applauding your tricks.  You maintain the tricks for quite a while until the musician finally stops playing and leaves.  Walking over to the bar, the proprietor gives a short clap and exclaims that “You're one of the best street entertainers I have ever seen!  I didn't even see whatever props you were using to direct the fires.”  You nod respectfully and tell him that you are really rather tired and would like to have your room now.  The man nods and you grab the room key and walk upstairs to a rather comfortable looking bed.

The next morning you wake up early with plans to finally set out and explore the sewers.  The tavern owner greets you as you walk past and tells you that if you ever want a similar arrangement, feel free to come back.  You thank him and walk out of the building.  Walking through alleyways and past broken down houses, you finally stumble upon a sewer entrance.  Climbing down, you reach a dark walkway that parallels a stream filled with rather unpleasant smelling sewage.  This part of the sewer tunnel appears to only stretch in two directions so you head off to the right for now.

Somewhat surprisingly, it does not take too long before you see a person ahead of you.  The tunnels are dark and he seems to be facing away from your direction.  Perhaps stranger is that this person is quite young, probably only about the age of 15.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:44:34 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 11:54:18 pm »

Take a good look to make sure he's not with maintenance. Else, put your sword to his throat and press for information. No need to kill him thou, unless he struggles too much. Then it will be his own fault, I guess. If that happens, we ought to be able to use his blood, no? If so, use it for some gold. Humans love gold, right?

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 03:50:14 pm »

Well, i was also thinking about starting up a suggestion game abut Hisir.
Take a good look to make sure he's not with maintenance. Else, put your sword to his throat and press for information. No need to kill him thou, unless he struggles too much. Then it will be his own fault, I guess. If that happens, we ought to be able to use his blood, no? If so, use it for some gold. Humans love gold, right?
+1
but check if he's armed

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2013, 10:28:20 pm »

Turn 7

You try to peer through the darkness and get a better look at the stranger.  Unfortunately the lighting is too bad and the distance too great for any significant observations to be made.  It seems like a somewhat typical street urchin wearing the usual baggy poor fitting clothing.  You think you can make out a small dagger in the boy's left hand but it doesn't seem like it would pose too much of a threat to you so long as you stay cautious.  Deciding to move closer and interrogate the kid, you creep nearer to him, sticking to the shadows and inching along the path towards your target (roll 14+3).  He seems oddly unaware of what is going on about him and as you get right behind, you notice that he is making some sort of low whimpering noise.  This is starting to make you a bit suspicious but you need information anyway so you decide to go forward with your plan to extract information from the boy.  Finally right behind him, you grab his hand holding the knife and put the other one on the boy's mouth to keep him silent.  This turns out to be completely pointless as it were because as you turn the boy around to see his face, you see that both his mouth and his eyes have been stitched closed.  Upon his forehead visibly carved in with a blade is the word “failure” with blood still oozing out of the wounds and down the boy's tear covered face.  He begins screaming, or at least trying to, through his closed mouth.  It's still loud enough to alert people nearby if you don't stop it soon.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Side Notes:  Do you guys care what font color I use for your character's speech?

Also would people be more interested if I made this a four player game instead of a suggestion game?  I don't have enough time to do both though.

Lastly, don't forget you guys can use Manipulation for just about anything!  Just remember it does cost health or sacrifices though.
Sure thing peanut man!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2013, 11:24:48 pm »

How would the four player game work?
INSTA RESERVE!!!  Regardless of anything.
also, slit his throat and use his life to cast a manipulation.  How big of an animal can we make with his life?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 11:50:20 pm »

How would the four player game work?
You'd each start out as a mortal manipulation practitioner (human, dwarf, elf, maybe some others).  I'd let you choose some basic features about yourself and from there it would be pretty similar to this game.  Pretty much do whatever you want.  Go on adventures, gain power, build up armies and try and take over stuff, or whatever else you can think of.

How big of an animal can we make with his life?
About the same size as him.  Manipulation is usually about equivalent exchange except for some enchanting/crafting items and for creating some portals from one dimension to another.
Sure thing peanut man!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 03:26:09 pm »

OK.  I'd definitely play the four player game.  You might want to make a new thread though.  Also, make a man-sized mantis shrimp that breathes air using the dude's life force.  Then ride it.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 05:11:43 pm »

Why don't we save him so he has our eternal gratitude? If we were to remake him into a form as similar as possible to a healed version of him, except strong enough to defend himself, we would have a very nice follower!

Unless it doesn't work like that. If it doesn't, yeah, mantis shrimp.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 08:43:26 pm »

You should explain how a youth is better in any way then a giant friggin mantis shrimp.

Also, I'd like to know whether you will be doing the four player version instead and whether I'd be able to start as another void soldier instead of another race.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 08:43:50 pm »

You should explain how a youth is better in any way then a giant friggin mantis shrimp.

Also, I'd like to know whether you will be doing the four player version instead and whether I'd be able to start as another void soldier instead of another race.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 01:59:16 am »

If we kill him and get a mount, we'll have a large mantis shrimp. Huzzah. However, if we kill and revive/heal him, we'll have a willing source of information, as well as everything else that having a buddy does. Also, we got bandits coming up, it's entirely possible we'll be able to save up blood for a PROPER mantis shrimp, not some scrawny midget based on a 15-year-old's blood.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2013, 05:11:05 pm »

OK.  I'd definitely play the four player game.  You might want to make a new thread though
If I do go the four player game route, then yes I will start a second thread.  Like I said though, I only have time for running one game.  If I start the other game up, this one will die.  So I'll probably wait a little longer and see if anyone else has an opinion on the matter before I take action.

If we were to remake him into a form as similar as possible to a healed version of him, except strong enough to defend himself,
Unless it doesn't work like that. If it doesn't, yeah, mantis shrimp.
You could remake him but doing so would only create a physical copy.  The memories would be lost and it would be like a new person that just happens to have the same physical features.  Actually healing him is also possible but it would require some of your health or sacrificing something else to do it.

Like I said above, I'm not entirely sure yet what I'm going to do.  Not that many people are posting suggestions though, so it is likely I will be doing the four player game instead.  I was considering allowing you guys to play as void soldiers but it would complicate things.  They have advantages and disadvantages that the mortal races wouldn't have, so I haven't completely decided if I want them in the game.  Either way, you will all start out with some skill in Manipulation.
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

Hmm. To 4player or not?
Eh, I'm good either way.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2013, 06:53:51 pm »

I absolutely love void warriors!!!  And if you could post the link in this thread when you make the four person game, that'd be great.  Also turn him into a mantis shrimp.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2013, 01:43:48 am »

Okay, then. A mantis shrimp as large as a 15-year-old is going to suck at being a mount, no matter how awesome it would be. Either take him with us and find some rat blood to heal him with, or find something smaller we can use him for.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5