Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Adventures of a Void Warrior: Locked  (Read 6522 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: From the Void: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 10:16:35 pm »

Oi. Stop. You'll make me start a horrible Jorn game.
Oh dear, now I'll have to make a hypothetical TorZon game that'll die in a week.

Suggestion games for ALL THE CHOSEN ONES!

DZA, has your "You are Me" created an expanding foum game multiverse?  If so, are you using this to conquer Forum Games and Roleplaying to the point it will need a subsection devoted to said multiverse?  Purely inquisitive.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 10:35:03 pm »

Oh dear, now I'll have to make a hypothetical TorZon game that'll die in a week.

DZA, has your "You are Me" created an expanding foum game multiverse?  If so, are you using this to conquer Forum Games and Roleplaying to the point it will need a subsection devoted to said multiverse?  Purely inquisitive.
I support this.
And I will eventually update that Moderator one.
Eventually.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52:00 pm »

DZA, has your "You are Me" created an expanding foum game multiverse?

This is certainly starting to appear to be the case. Fancy that.

If so, are you using this to conquer Forum Games and Roleplaying to the point it will need a subsection devoted to said multiverse?  Purely inquisitive.

Of course not. I mean, it's not like I have some sort of grand scheme to eventually become this forum's single most prominent and influential member by slowly pervading each and every board with my beguiling presence in order to amass an unstoppable following of other forumites that will, in time, allow me reign unchallenged by even the almighty Toady One himself, or anything like that. That would just be absurd.

Lay claim to a Siege Beast. Name it Mr. Snippy.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:54:35 pm by King DZA »

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 01:57:11 am »

First priority is surviving, and keeping as many fellow void-warriors alive.

In an ideal situation, we ALL escape from the battle in that transport while earning the favor of the side that opend the portal for us.

if we get the siege beast, we should aim to break up any clusters from which counter-attack can come from.
If the votes are split, then use the siege beast to clear a path for all of US to the transport.

In either case, can we use manipulation abilities in a less spectacularly attention grabbing way than lightning bolts to protect us?

If 2000 solders are fighting 2000 soldiers, and a large portion of them decide we are a bigger thread, do the 50 of us stand a chance?

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 11:06:42 am »

There aren't 50 of you.  I didn't do all the math yet but you can pretty safely assume there are somewhere around 1000 mixed units on your side.  Most of them are void spawn which are sort of like little deformed goblins that just run forward trying to claw and bite everything.  Sometimes they are given weapons by their masters but usually it's not considered worth it.  Far more common is to use them as cannon fodder or as sacrifices to cast powerful magic or forge things.  The rest of your main force is composed of a bunch of void warriors which are basically humanoid beings with pretty decent armor and weapons.  In the back you have your siege beasts and artillery.

Both enemy forces are larger than yours and have air support but you have a good amount of artillery and void siege beasts.  Siege beasts are really really tough.  I did a couple test runs and those guys can get surrounded by eight enemies and kill them all easily while only taking a few small hits worth of damage.  They also have back mounted weapons but those can't target adjacent enemies.  The biggest threat to these guys would be the enemy air support or the artillery.

The transport ship is not big enough to carry your full force.  It's a smaller landing ship, pretty much capable of comfortably carrying 25 men plus the pilot and sometimes gunners.

Manipulation can be used to do anything you want but using it costs health.  Easier stuff like throwing lightning bolts will probably only cost 1-3 health.  Really big spells like hurling a meteor might kill you.  Usually when someone wants to cast a big spell, they gather together a bunch of living things to sacrifice to pay for the spell.  I also talk a bit more about Manipulation abilities in one of the first post spoilers.

Also not all of the enemy is likely to spot you at once.  Most likely the people on your edge of the field will break away from fighting one another to combat the void legion but everyone else will continue fighting for a while longer.

If the void portal remains intact after the battle, this would be a great location to build an outpost in this world.  You already have an easy and cheap way to let things in from the void.  Unfortunately the chances of keeping the gate open are pretty slim considering that the enemy has air support and you don't.  If the portal closes, you can still open one yourself later but you probably won't be able to open one this big for a long time.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 03:34:22 pm »

Turn 3

An internal conflict arises within you regarding whether you should hop on a siege beast or get away on the nearby transport ship.  You begin to trod over towards the transport, deep down knowing that the best option available is to get out of the area.  Still you do love siege beasts with an almost unparalleled passion.  Stopping short of the transport you gaze back to the siege beast and call out to your master, “GREAT SLEEPING LORD, I call upon your power to fuse this transport vessel with a siege beast to create the most glorious thing of all time!”  Unfortunately Void Lords rarely lower themselves by interacting directly with their servants.  There is also the fact that your particular lord, while indeed one of the most powerful in existence, has been sleeping for a very long time.  If shouting could have woken him up, then indeed it would have been ironic considering the great many sacrifices that were performed to him in the hopes of accomplishing that same end.

Sheepishly you look around and feel somewhat glad that no one is nearby... well that isn't entirely true.  The only thing standing between you and the freedom of your ship are a couple low ranking human soldiers armed with spears.  This shouldn't provide too much of a problem.

The closest human runs towards you screaming with his spear pointed downward toward you.  This makes you laugh as you go to casually swipe it aside with your sword.  Unfortunately in doing so, you stumble at the last second making for an imperfect block.  Even still it is only a glancing blow and your armor completely absorbs the damage.  Annoyance quickly sets in and you decide to deal with things more seriously.  With a powerful two handed hack of your broadsword you completely bisect the human spearman down the middle, the two parts flying a short distance away from one another as blood pours out and soaks the soot covered ground.

You silently consider how fortunate it is that these men have such poor quality armor.  Otherwise this would certainly be a more dangerous fight even if you are more skilled and strong then these men.  While mentally making that note for future fights, you look over towards the second opponent.
The other spearman in your way yelps as he watches his friends cleaved in two.  You both lock eyes and he screams something about making you pay.  He does not get the satisfaction of a reply.

Calling upon your natural affinity for Manipulation, you send an arc of electricity toward the second spearman's unprotected face.  He smoothly dodges the shock and charges towards you with as much speed as he can muster.  Seeing that you still have the advantage of some time before he can make his attack, you try a second Manipulation.  This time instead of lightning, you manipulate the earth underneath the advancing soldier as he runs towards you.  The ground rises up and catches his feet sending him hurtling towards the ground.  The spear falls away from him and he desperately clambers to grab it but too late.  His eyes grow wide as he feels the ground viciously suck him under and squeeze him to a pulp.  You hear his muffled screams for only a few seconds before all goes silent and you see blood rise up from the dirt, collecting in a dark red puddle.

Moving forward you jump onto the still open boarding ramp of the ship nearby.  It is completely empty and so you quickly move into the pilot's seat and rest your hands down upon the control panel.  The ship chugs to life and the boarding ramp closes and you slowly raise your newly acquired vessel off of the ground.  Fortunately for you it seems as though the transport still has two operational lightning arc turrets which is rather lucky.  Even better, it seems your escape has gone largely unnoticed in all the commotion and you manage to safety navigate yourself away from the battle.

You take your ship away from the battle to a city on the far side of the continent.  The area is rather large and quite bustling with humans and what appears to be some elves.  As you set your ship down in a wooded region a few miles out from the city, you think to yourself that this may be a fine location to start up a secret cult or do whatever other fun things a void being like yourself could think of.

You step off the ship and use a little bit more Manipulation to change your appearance to that of a 6ft tall burly brown haired man.  The ship will likely soon be discovered as many people could have seen you parking it here in the woods.  Regardless, you have ample time to get away from it and into the city.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 03:45:16 pm »

You know, I really like the idea of a world that runs on blood magic.

I have the sudden desire for there to be a subset of mortal wizards who use Manipulation to summon void beings. Just a thought.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:55:04 pm by Vgray »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 04:33:29 pm »

Action will be suggested later, but what relationship do these void lords have to the Entity?
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 05:28:37 pm »

The Sleeping Lord is the name given to the Entity by its followers.  It's been sleeping for as long as anyone worshiping it can remember.  The reason it is worshiped is because sometimes its dreams give rise to some of the different monsters used in war by the Sleeping Lord's Host and it also has a strong manipulative effect on void space around it.

A Void Lord is basically just any void being that has managed to gather a large number of worshipers or a large amount of power.  Since everything is based off of blood magic in this universe, the two are very closely related and someone with a lot of followers can use much more powerful magic.  Still, if something has a lot of health, it could theoretically cast similar spells to what someone with a bunch of sacrifices could cast.  Hence the reason many stronger void beings are worshiped by their lesser counterparts.

Oh and if you manage to gain access to a bunch of sacrifices you can also use that to empower yourself but you'll find that the more powerful you get, the more sacrifices you need to gain more power.  The most powerful beings are usually the ones that have been receiving sacrifices from their followers for centuries.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:46:55 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 05:30:14 pm »

Ah, that makes sense.
So
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 05:48:04 pm »

Yep, he'll be much weaker in that though.  Probably from a ritual gone wrong or some such stuff.
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 07:51:08 pm »

We should probably book it to town.

Out of curiosity, how many/what percentage of mortals can use Manipulation? Is it that can be taught or do you just know how to do it from birth?

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 09:18:04 pm »

We should probably book it to town.
+1
Manager of Hugh Mann the Dabbler.
0-2-0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 04:22:37 am »

Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 07:15:02 pm »

Turn 4

You begin a somewhat leisurely jog towards the nearby city.  The forest canopy is thick above you and sports a large variety of exotic looking fruits and flowers.  If it weren't for the not so distant sounds of engines chugging, saw blades churning and the black impenetrably dense smoke clouds rising above the tree line, this would seem like the perfect place for traditional elves to congregate and build a community.

As you reach the edge of the city, a few things stand out quite quickly to you.  First is that the street corners are all seemingly lined with shady characters of various professions pushing their wares to the public.  Little law enforcement seems to be in the city despite its large size and the occasional sound of a scream confirms for you that murder is somewhat commonplace here.  The populace seems to be composed primarily of humans but a couple elves sulk through the crowds, probably left over from a nearby elven forest community that was pushed away by industry.  Dwarves too can be seen milling about from place to place but this doesn't much surprise you seeing as how they always like to have a trade presence in most major civilizations.

There are plenty of nearby bars and seedier establishments around and in the distance you believe you see a market place.  The nearby alley also seem quite bustling should you wish to investigate further.  Of course you could always just walk around the city some more or ask for directions if you were so inclined.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:59:54 am by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5