Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Automated Goblinite Filtration System ( magma washing for only metals )  (Read 5824 times)

JerBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Somehow the Cycling magmatic siege killer comes to mind.

What do you say, I think it would make a good combination  :o

lol oh shit an automated hallway of magma wash. I think if i were to make it it'll be 4 tiles x  n tiles long, with the inner 2 tiles as floor bars. (i dunno if the building destroyers will hit on the bars though?)

JerBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, that's a really nice illustration, JerBear!
why thank you good sir

JerBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm... I guess this depends on the fact that it takes time for items to heat up based on the specific heat.
Might be a problem for people using DFHack to reduce FPS load due temperature updates by make items heat-up and cool-down faster.

I wonder if magma misting would work equally as well (set the goblin and cloth on fire, wait till they all burn to death).

i had mine set on
tweak stable-temp
tweak fast-heat 2

things were catching on fire and burning then melting away really fast

UberFuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm... I guess this depends on the fact that it takes time for items to heat up based on the specific heat.
Might be a problem for people using DFHack to reduce FPS load due temperature updates by make items heat-up and cool-down faster.

I wonder if magma misting would work equally as well (set the goblin and cloth on fire, wait till they all burn to death).

i had mine set on
tweak stable-temp
tweak fast-heat 2

So it works even with DFHack?
Sweet!
Hm... maybe something we can improve conservation of magma more... and merge it with a mass dumping system.
I wonder if this will work (note to self, experiment with this!
Code: [Select]
Side view
#___=____#
#=%>..<%=#
#M<%..%>M#
####__####
%> Magma safe pump that pump from left to right.
<% Magma safe pump that pump from right to left.
_ floor
= hatch
M magma
The hatch beside the screw pumps are controlled by a pressure plate (so it only open once).
The top level is where the prison cage are so you can mass dump prisoners. The design can be infinitely extended (screw-pump power being the limiting factor) with the following pattern.
######
#==+=#
#=+==#
#==+=#
#=+==#
#==+=#
#=+==#
#==+=#
######

So once you pit all your victims, you engage the pressure plate that controls the pump hatches. Hatches open, the magma gets pumped up and fall on top of said victim. The victim touches the magma for 1 tick before the pump pull the magma away. Repeat until the hatch closes.

Of course, I haven't tested this theoretical system. So I'm not sure if such a fast contact of magma is sufficient to set them on fire (and burn away the cloth).
I could move the prison location up a bit.
Side view
#___=____#
#=%>__<%=# (grates in the middle 2)
#M<%..%>M#
####__####
But then I worry about building destroyers breaking the pumps.

JerBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i had mine set on
tweak stable-temp
tweak fast-heat 2

So it works even with DFHack?
Sweet!
Hm... maybe something we can improve conservation of magma more... and merge it with a mass dumping system.
I wonder if this will work (note to self, experiment with this!
Side view
#___=____#
#=%>..<%=#
#M<%..%>M#
####__####
%> Magma safe pump that pump from left to right.
<% Magma safe pump that pump from right to left.
_ floor
= hatch
M magma
The hatch beside the screw pumps are controlled by a pressure plate (so it only open once).
The top level is where the prison cage are so you can mass dump prisoners. The design can be infinitely extended (screw-pump power being the limiting factor) with the following pattern.
######
#==+=#
#=+==#
#==+=#
#=+==#
#==+=#
#=+==#
#==+=#
######

So once you pit all your victims, you engage the pressure plate that controls the pump hatches. Hatches open, the magma gets pumped up and fall on top of said victim. The victim touches the magma for 1 tick before the pump pull the magma away. Repeat until the hatch closes.

Of course, I haven't tested this theoretical system. So I'm not sure if such a fast contact of magma is sufficient to set them on fire (and burn away the cloth).
I could move the prison location up a bit.
Side view
#___=____#
#=%>__<%=# (grates in the middle 2)
#M<%..%>M#
####__####
But then I worry about building destroyers breaking the pumps.

yes then u'll have to think of something for magma conservation, as this design is just a garbage dump with magma as catalyst as there will be lingering 1/7 magma on the ramps.
Pages: 1 [2]