Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not Dumping  (Read 307 times)

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
Not Dumping
« on: June 04, 2013, 03:38:15 pm »

I have an activity zone active, about 30 idlers, I have them set to getting refuse, I have them getting it outside and all the items I want to dump are NOT forbidden. I do no know why they just refuse to dump the refuse! All the stuff is in the refuse pile and they just won't dump it. I really need to get rid of it...

Thanks in Advance--
AlwayzL3git
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dumping
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 03:40:08 pm »

Try DFhacks autodump.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:43:35 pm »

have you been able to dump before?  this may seem silly, but its possible you made the activity zone but didn't actually set it to be a dump.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »

have you been able to dump before?  this may seem silly, but its possible you made the activity zone but didn't actually set it to be a dump.
No, but it is set to dump. Through out this whole fortress nobody has dumped a thing.
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 05:19:34 pm »

here's a checklist of basic sounding stuff

items must be marked for dumping
Dwarves must be set to gather refuse (outside)
Dwarves must have refuse hauling enabled
items marked for dumping must be accessible
If dwarves are assigned to any burrows, items must be within a burrow the dwarf has access to
Dump site must be accessible (broken stairs/ramps, locked doors)
dump site must be active
items marked for dumping must be claimed
items marked for dumping must be movable (not part of a building)

all i got.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku