Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my dwarves wont chop!  (Read 497 times)

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
my dwarves wont chop!
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:06:09 pm »

Okay so I started a fort, and like the cheater I am I added [NO_EAT] [NO_DRINK] AND [SPEED:1] everything is great but my woodcutters wont chop wood -(I also removed the alchohol dependency tag)  I have trees selected, I have 2 great axes, the woodcutting skill is highlighted, and they just sit there like bumps on a log...help!?
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my dwarves wont chop!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »

Try making some wooden training axes.  I'm guessing it's the great axes at fault.  Normally woodcutters would use a battle axe, though a training axe can also work for some weird reason.

Get the logs by disassembling your wagon.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 02:13:04 pm »

Try making some wooden training axes.  I'm guessing it's the great axes at fault.  Normally woodcutters would use a battle axe, though a training axe can also work for some weird reason.

Get the logs by disassembling your wagon.

Mining and Woodcutting use hidden, specialized uniforms. A Great Axe may as well be a blowgun for this purpose.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:29:48 pm »

Oh -okay, ill try some training axes then
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 02:43:40 pm »

Thc it worked