Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Am I Doing it Right?  (Read 552 times)

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
Am I Doing it Right?
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:32:31 pm »

I think I am making my dwarves happy enough? Do you?
Tobul Koldural has been ecstatic lately. She admired a fine seat lately. She had a satisfying sparring session lately. She ate a legendary meal lately. She had lost a child due to tragedy recently. She slept in a good bedroom recently. She dined in a legendary dining room lately. She gave birth to a boy recently. She has been satisfied at work lately. She talked with a spouse lately. She admired her own fine bed lately. She was caught in the rain recently. She has witnessed death lately. She has been disgusted by miasma. (Her baby's rotting corpse...)

I made a SOLDIER ECSTATIC even though she just lost her child AND watched it rot. 3 other soldiers are in the same position. Man, am I good at this game or what?
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Am I Doing it Right?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 03:43:58 am »

even though losing a child gives a big negative thought, it is nothing compared to givong birth which has raised my dwarfs to 1200+ happiness. Otherwise, fine job
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 02:06:27 pm »

Yeah, gave birth (or created an artifact) recently is such a huge ++ that it's hard to compensate with negative points.  I think you'd have to starve her to the point that she eats a beloved pet to get a similar magnitude bad thought.   

Lost a child and family miasma are each only ~10% as bad, even if she's not at all hardened to tragedy yet.  Even attacked by an undead child, or worst of all the travesty of art defacement, don't compare.

witoony

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:35 am »

Yeah you Right  :)

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 03:17:02 am »

How negative a thought would it be to lose a child, have to kill it cause it reanimated, eat it cause she's starving, and use the bones as a pick to dig through the only masterwork engraving she had just made. Is it bad that I'm wishing all those things were capable of occurring?
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 08:25:12 pm »

How negative a thought would it be to lose a child, have to kill it cause it reanimated, eat it cause she's starving, and use the bones as a pick to dig through the only masterwork engraving she had just made. Is it bad that I'm wishing all those things were capable of occurring?

Here?

At Bay12?

No, that's par for the course.
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization