Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12  (Read 35096 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2013, 11:57:00 am »

"Thank you kindly, Void-Father. I promise to repay you for your generosity."

Search the void that is Xavanos. Seek to comprehend its vastness.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2013, 02:18:29 pm »

If you're still accepting sign ups:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »

(The) Zanzetkuken(s) thank the Void God for sparing their lives.

They both separate in their paths, the black, insane, of the twin dieties, finds mortals, he imbunes their minds with emotion and insanity, ranging from the single-minded want of the destruction of the world and a return to the void, to obsession over minor things, to the pursuit of creating horrors from other creatures.  When the white, sane, of the twin diety discovers this, she imbunes mortals with sanity, ranging from a want to protect the existing societies, to thinking in broad scopes, to the preservation of the existing.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 02:24:56 pm »

If you're still accepting sign ups:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sure, if you have a British accent
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013, 04:33:24 pm »

While the perfection of the First-Life would likely never be done again, Neyravah had to try. That is the way of life; when you fail, you try until you succeed. So They did so, finding a new world and making life upon it. It was much like the beauty of the First-Life, but with greater tolerance of the Void and a lesser tendency to fly off into it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2013, 07:22:57 pm »

Wolin was prepared for this as well. Before the black god could shut its maw, he dove inside, hurtling towards the crimson world. The heat wasn't enough to harm the god, but it was uncomfortable enough for him to tear off his white coat and throw it to block the heat, forming clouds, and the sweat rolling off of his skin created rain which cooled the infant worlds surrounding the large red one.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:33 pm »

(Turn using actual dice)

In the inn, the minstrel continued the tale, mainly for the benefit of the young scholar in front of him.

"Xavanos replied "Certainly, Zanzetkuken" before reaching out a tendril of nothing and marking a strange sign on his foreheads, before reaching in to his bodies and taking a bright light from Zanzetkuken. Baldman stared around him at the bring red world, and so turned and spoke to Xavanos "Void-Father, allow me passage through your unbeing. I come not to conquer like the others, I wish only to know, not touch. Is this agreeable?" Xavanos made the strange sign on Baldman's back. (2+2) This symbol was the Touch of the Void, giving these two protection from the nothingness before continuing to try and consume the new worlds. (6+2) Wwolin was prepared for this as well. Before the black god could shut its maw, he dove inside, hurtling towards the crimson world. (5+2 vs. 5+2) The nothingness attacked wwolin, but he resisted, his suit turning into armor to block the nothingness, but the nothingness formed a wall between him and the red world beyond.
Beside the Red world Neyravah decided to be slower, and gentler and try to create new life. That is the way of life; when you fail, you try until you succeed. So They did so, (2+2) finding a new world and making life upon it. And it grew slowly, and the nothingness caused their lives to be shorter than intended, creating a desire for immortality among the lifeforms. (1) But that was merely a desire, and did nothing. (1) As this Second Life began to flourish, a portion of a destroyed world crashed down onto the world of life. It obliterated the all of life, (6) but 3. As the meteor struck the world, a portal opened and a man running fell into the world. He grabbed three creatures, an umbrellabird, a vole, and a trout to take with him into a cave. This man was E. Low, god of Survival, and thus he saved some of the Second Life from extinction. And Neyravah was pleased with him, and gave him minor godhood for his pains. No one knows where E. Low came from, but that is a question the priests of E. Low muse in their bunkers.
Then Baldman stared at the void, in order to comprehend it. (5+1) He realized that it was nothing and everything at once. he stared as the mysteries of the void were clarifie in his mind, but he knew that he could never explain their significance or meaning."

"Excuse me minstrel, but is that Touch of the Void thing what initiates of the Xavanos cult wear on their foreheads?" A rich man wearing the light red clothes of a follower of Juren, and surrounded by guards asked.

"Yes," replied the minstrel, "They believe it protects them from the void. They are currently trying to build a ship to enter the void instead of summoning it."

"I don't understand these followers of death."

"They aren't followers of death, that is a completely different god." The scholar said "They are followers of nothing, because they know you came from nothing and that you will become nothing again, despite your following of Juren. Money will not buy you immortality. Only Knowledge can."

"Guards, this man has blasphemed the cult of Juren. I believe his blood sacrifice is the only thing that will appease Juren's wrath. Take him away."

The minstrel stared in surprise at the sudden escalation of this encounter, and walked away to avoid getting involved.  He didn't like the cult of Juren ether. Adjusting his white robes and muttering something about a bathroom, the minstrel left, knowing that when he cam back, his audience would be back too. The fire would be a small one and put out soon if caused by an explosion.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2013, 09:54:56 pm »

The scholar known as Kyle looks at these... cretins defiantly.
"Kill me if you must, but you will never find the knowledge to futher your goals if you do, and I would say 'may your body feed the harpies' but anyone with a brain knows that harpies don't eat humans without reason."
Kyle let's the gaurds take him. Though he may harbor a dislike the follower of Juren he holds no large amounts of ill will torwards him, only wishing that he could help other like him.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2013, 10:17:44 pm »

{For when the minstrel returns, another batman gambit}

They both separate in their paths, the black, insane, of the twin dieties, finds mortals, he imbunes their minds with emotion and insanity, ranging from the single-minded want of the destruction of the world and a return to the void, to obsession over minor things, to the pursuit of creating horrors from other creatures.  When the white, sane, of the twin diety discovers this, she imbunes mortals with sanity, ranging from a want to protect the existing societies, to thinking in broad scopes, to the preservation of the existing.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:42 pm »

Two mortals on the world. Two, and a god of survival. Survival is a needed base, but it is not enough to survive--one must also live! To live, one needs more than two. Neyravah almost rushed in, but stopped. They examined the mortals and the world, trying to help give them food and what else they obviously needed for life.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2013, 10:34:09 pm »

The creator has gone within. Now to restore the void.

Xavanos, knowing all within the void, seeks out and destroys the remaining worlds outside him.

But it is not the end, I see. I now carry the seeds of non void within me. They can now be contained, however.
And destroyed.

Xavanos takes in more of the void into itself, and being the void, directs it at the forming worlds. He imbues this with his will to give it the ability to snuff out the burning red candle (planet).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:39:21 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2013, 11:03:56 pm »

Seeing the wall of void before him, Wolin did not falter. He had destroyed parts of the void before, and he was prepared to do so again. Reaching into his briefcase, he pulled out a blazing saber of pure creation, as long and bright as a shooting star, and with this blade he carved a shimmering pathway to the infant universe through the void.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2013, 12:19:47 am »

The void. Such a fascinating thing it was. Everything and nothing, it enveloped all. But could the nothingness truly be infinite?

Seek out a boundary to the void.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2013, 01:32:50 am »

A mixed stream of expletives and panicked screaming emanates from an ivory mask as it falls towards the glowing world. The impact was barely noticeable to the larger gods.
And The Producer gave himself the form of man, and it was good.
Specifically a cloaked man, still with the same mask.
And He said: "What the heck!?" and He was confused -Taken from the Holy Script of The Producer, to be performed every Sunday in the Black Hall.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:35:37 am by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2013, 02:40:32 am »

"And Low spoke: "I don't want no part in this." And he went deeper into the caverns with the animals in his arms, seeking protection from the cosmic war above, a place which the void could not reach."  - Tablets of Survival, 3:22
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15