Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why can the wagon not reach my Depot?  (Read 466 times)

Lawlcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why can the wagon not reach my Depot?
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:08:37 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/YeOQ0ho.jpg

Here's an image.  The wagon is unable to reach the depot as you can see. The southern hallway there is just some cage traps and weapon traps, and those squares are just a deconstructing bridge I was using as a door. I was going to try to widen it.

At the top of the image you can see that where I have the hallway 5 wide, the wagon could fit through there, but where it's only 3 wide it cannot. I thought the wagon only needed 3 wide to enter? I built paved roads 3 wide the entire way to every side of the map.

I still constantly get announcements that the wagon turned away. A few mules/packhorses still show up never the whole wagon

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why can the wagon not reach my Depot?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:14:12 pm »

Wagons cannot go over traps at all, regardless of type.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »

The green Ws is anywhere the wagon can fit: it marks all the possible places where the middle of the wagon can go. Notice that it's one tile away from each wall, so the entire path (3-wide) is wagon-sized and the wagon could fit through it. All you have to do is take the traps out.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 07:51:03 pm »

He might consider replacing the traps with a raising bridge, attached to a lever. This would allow him to get the wagon in, and then seal off the opening when goblinclaus shows up.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 12:59:58 am »

He might consider replacing the traps with a raising bridge, attached to a lever. This would allow him to get the wagon in, and then seal off the opening when goblinclaus shows up.

or just put the cage traps off to the side of the entrance. Almost all goblins and bad guys will come across the corners, so out the hallway and covering the corner will be a very effective anti-goblin trap.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...