Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cant make quivers?  (Read 506 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Cant make quivers?
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »

On Object Testing Arena, i was testing some ranged weapons, the character wouldnt hold the ammo, so i looked at the wiki, it said i needed a Quiver. I then proceeded to make one, only to find out that theres nothing that has Quiv on it, nor backpacks. Im using Masterwork DF and i though maybe i should post here before making a bug report to see if anyone knows whats going on.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cant make quivers?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:19:39 pm »

I don't think the arena has quivers right now.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 01:44:08 pm »

If you spawn sentients with a ranged weapon and ammunition, they'll pick up the ammunition and use it, despite the lack of quiver.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »

Yeah but they seem to take it with the other hand, disabling the use of a second weapon.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »

You can do it manually using a different arena-allowed container. You need a container in one hand (let's say a large pot), and nothing in the other. You [g]et the crossbow, bolts, and second weapon off the floor, [p]utting each of them into the pot in turn. Then you [r]emove each of these things from the container, leaving you holding all four items. Then you [d]rop the pot, because it isn't needed any more.

You do need to assume control of an individual creature to do this.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.