Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Sandhammer: The Land of No Stone  (Read 14055 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of No Stone (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »

Could you find and convert a Joyous Wilds for us?  As long as there's sand I'll be happy.

*checks his clock*

Why yes, it IS Giant Kea Woman o'clock
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 04:54:34 pm »

*checks his clock*

Why yes, it IS Giant Kea Woman o'clock

And no stone for cage trap mechanisms, what Fun!

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 05:09:32 pm »

You got it. I'll have it up in a few hours tops - I'll gen a good world, look for a joyous wilds site, embark and delete stone, then let you take it from there.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 05:18:12 pm »

this promises to be fun.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 07:08:00 pm »

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 08:33:01 pm »

Looks fun!  I'll get the players all rounded up tomorrow.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 08:53:07 pm »

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 09:20:45 pm »

Is it possible to remove diacritics from already generated save? It hurts readability on most graphic tilesets. I know that editing lang files works if you do it before embark, but what about after?

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 09:48:34 pm »

If you save with reveal on, just reload the game, place the cursor by your dwarves and use the revflood command.  It'll hide anything your dwarves can't path to.

This can leave parts of the caverns visible but not officially discovered, but I think that only happens if you have a volcano. 
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 10:17:53 pm »

Excellent. :> So where am I on the turn list? If this is finally going, you should update the OP with a turnlist. Just saying. Would be wise.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 04:43:29 am »

Yes will get it all going tomorrow :)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2013, 05:16:41 am »

Thanks Talanic. Well holy mackerel. I was thinking about it a bit more, and I actually figured out how to fix EVERYTHING. The underground floors are now made out of soil too and grow flora. falafelsandwich, mind changing the starting save once more?

Here's what I figured out:
Spoiler: Method (click to show/hide)

So, fixed save and story coming up...

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 06:41:52 am »

The beginning.

File: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7721

The Domain of Dragons is a savage and beautiful island in the sparkling waters of the Sea of Bravery. It is named for the many dragons and other wild beasts that make their home in the untamed wilds there.

Spoiler: Embark! (click to show/hide)

The year is 262. It is the Age of Myth. Evil is slowly creeping upon the Domain of Dragons from the southern reaches of the Land of Bravery. Still, dwarves have prospered on this mountainous island: there are a total of four surviving dwarf civilizations among the humans, elves and goblins. You are dwarves of the Flaxen Fountains. You who call yourselves the Massive Lances have wandered long in the wilds. Following glittering flakes of gold flowing down the Spotted Waters, you have come to this place here at the foot of the Pure Horn mountain range, in a lovely valley where the river twists and turns as it flows between the mountains among the beautiful feather trees. The downy grass below your feet caresses your hardened soles. Soon you will strike the earth and found the greatest mountainhome of them all: Cuggánnil, "Sandhammer"!

Spoiler: Scenery (click to show/hide)

Little does your brave party know what trials they will face, for this is no mountain range at all. There is no stone in the ground save veins of metallic ores, and this intersection of mountain and shrubland is home to fierce creatures...

You embarked with 2 copper picks, one copper battle axe, one iron anvil, some booze to tide you by, seeds of underground plants, and various animals and meat supplies. Some blessed fool, perhaps by divine grace, has also sent with you ten rocks of marble of the home-mountain, as if knowing this may be all the flux you will ever have.

Two of you are proficient miners. One is an axedwarf and teacher, to train a future military. One is a carpenter-mason. One is a brewer-cook. One is a grower and herbalist. The last, a doctor and surgeon. Now it is time to delve secure lodgings, ere the dingo men get hungry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good luck~

In response to a PM request, I changed the language files to ascii only before uploading, despite how it looks in the above images.

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2013, 07:15:19 am »

That's cool. Thanks!

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 11:08:50 am »

Thanks. This was really a learning experience - I now know more about DF geology than I ever wanted to.

tl;dr: the save is now tested and works fine, but it turns out DF requires some things to be made out of non-soil to work as expected. To accommodate, there is now a new bugfixing material called "gravel" in places in the top few levels of the map and a few other tiles. It's a useless, worthless, infertile pseudo-soil. Dwarves will prefer even soil walls over smoothed gravel walls and it can't be used for anything. Digging it releases dust clouds; they are harmless. Try to ignore it. Don't change inorganic_stone_soil raw file anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9