Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I need.. THINGS  (Read 1111 times)

Tinyheavyistiny

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is wasted on the living.
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts of Magnus
I need.. THINGS
« on: May 31, 2013, 10:12:21 am »

One of my dwarves just went in to a strange mood, I got an announcement stating "Urist McBob, Butcher begins to stalk and brood"
He then claimed a masons workshop and broods saying "Leave me. I need... things... certain things...".
He isn't stating the item that he wants but I read on the wiki that when they begin to stalk around they most likely will want bone, so I slaughtered some animals.
No reaction.
So then I looked at his preferences remembering that apparently their preference for the material for the item they want to make is what they will demand. In his thoughts and preferences he said that he likes native aluminum. Unfortunately I don't have any.
What should I do? I'd prefer not to have to kill him since hes my best butcher and I'll need him later.
A large mammalian herbivore. It has long fur and curving horns. It can be found it the mountains.
Her right floating ribs are broken. Her nose is broken. her head is dented. She is gigantic and muscular. Her hair is white. her skin is pale chestnut. Her head bears a very short straight scar. Her eyes are black. Her teeth is gone

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need.. THINGS
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:30:05 am »

While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Tinyheavyistiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts of Magnus
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 02:16:28 pm »

I read that on the wiki and it didn't help, he has bone plenty of bone available to him but just isn't using it and hes in a Mason Workshop.
A large mammalian herbivore. It has long fur and curving horns. It can be found it the mountains.
Her right floating ribs are broken. Her nose is broken. her head is dented. She is gigantic and muscular. Her hair is white. her skin is pale chestnut. Her head bears a very short straight scar. Her eyes are black. Her teeth is gone

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:19:45 pm »

Bones behave oddly sometimes. Butcher some animals.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »

"A macabre dwarf may require bones, skullsVerify, or vermin remains"

Kill more things, you may need a different dwarf to do the butchering.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 07:52:13 pm »

leather possibly?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 08:42:06 pm »

"A macabre dwarf may require bones, skullsVerify, or vermin remains"

Kill more things, you may need to butcher a different dwarf

fixed

Tinyheavyistiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts of Magnus
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 10:05:57 pm »

One other detail I forgot to add, hes in a masons workshop, but he hasn't grabbed ANY materials at all, I know because I watched him closely, he just claimed the workshop and just sits there.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »

can i have the save so i can run a showmood? i am mighty curious. never have seen a macabre mood before

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 11:41:07 pm »

If he's in a Mason's workshop, the artifact he's going to create is going to have some kind of stone as its base (and thus, first) ingredient. If he hasn't gathered anything at all, he needs stone. Or maybe a rock block. I don't think a gem would count, they'd use a jeweler's shop for that... I think. So, make sure you have some rocks and rock blocks available.

Or maybe he will only treat Native Aluminum as an acceptable base ingredient, in which case you will either find him some or lose a good butcher to madness. I've never heard of a Dwarf refusing to pick up artifact ingredients based on material, but then again I'm not very familiar with macabre moods, I suppose it could happen.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 03:29:05 am »

as ORCAcommander suggested, you can use dfhack showmood, or just let him die

on a side note, shame on you that your dorfs are unhappy enough to get a macabre mood
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 03:38:39 am »

If he's in a Mason's workshop, the artifact he's going to create is going to have some kind of stone as its base

Macrabe and fell grab any workshop they can reach.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 03:51:28 am »

You don't have to have the stuff he likes in order to get an artifact out of him. He'll settle for puddingstone, even if he loves native platinum. The only thing to really watch out for is when they ask for cloth, because THEY DON'T SPECIFY THE KIND OF CLOTH THEY NEED.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:17 am »

metal bars can cause some trouble too

Tinyheavyistiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts of Magnus
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 01:44:31 pm »

can i have the save so i can run a showmood? i am mighty curious. never have seen a macabre mood before
Here you go.
I just downloaded DFhack but I have to go do some stuff so I'll be back to try and figure it out.
Pages: [1] 2