Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30756 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #255 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45:15 am »

"Oh, dear. Those things are so ugly I could turn someone to stone with them. I suppose now is a good time to see if this will help."
Eat the spleen. Unless someone objects.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 11, 2013, 10:46:06 am »

Rylath runs forward, swaying side to side while humming a dark tune, just as he reaches the edges of the ship he leaps into battle singing "Ussta velve zhal sundu, vlos zhal tiu lu'xuil ussta alure, dos jal zhal el!" Drawing his sword mid air and coming down feet first ready to begin the fight.  His humming and singing continues throughout the fight as he dances with his blade and the enemy.
Nom nom nom

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2013, 11:53:34 am »

((Well, this is gonna be interesting.....   :D ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2013, 12:32:24 pm »

((I swear these dice are weighted for ones or sixes.... And anyway, welcome to the weird and wacky land of chaos magic ;) Tried to do the two most interesting perspectives.))

(R11+6)v(?2), (C5+2)v(?5), (R7+4)v(?5), (D7)v(?8 ), (S8+4)v(?11), (H6+7)v(?3)
(Kyle)
You stand on deck as the battle begins to unfold below you, the dwarves forming up into a line and pushing the creatures back towards the hammerdwarf, where they are slowly slain by forceful blows and animated earth. Amongst the fray, Ryxa twists and turns, decimating the enemies and carving through the swarm, her fellows falling in behind her.
 Clair and Rylath follow, sweeping up any who threaten to break through the line, whilst Selina gives support beside you using a bow she found on the ship. Some dwarves still fall, but most remain standing as the line meets the lone warrior and forms into a circle, their backs to the doors of Bastion.
 Then you eat the spleen, and the world seems to distort around you. A moment later, the world swims back into view. Except that it doesn’t. the darkness around you is dotted with faint glows of outlines, and pulsing lattices of light where but a moment before stood enemies and friends alike. And you could be sure there are less of them than before too.

(Ryxa)
Without hesitation, you leap into the fray, leading the dwarven charge with a cry. The ribbon of Mru’shkane wraps around your wrist as the shadows part before it, the normal fatigue of battle unrealised. You cut and slice, the creature falling before they could even try to strike you, until you come to the clearing around the hammerdwarf.
 He is armed in black iron, runes chiseled into the armour from his neck to his feet, and on top of his greying hair rests a crown made of twisted steel. He swings the hammer with practised ease, reacting with indifference to the beings that spring up where the weapon hits dirt. A moment later, the crew joins you, and at a shouted command from their king, they join you in forming a guard against the oncoming swarm.
 Then you see Kyle and Selina, isolated from you by the tide of darkness. Kyle meets your gaze, before pulling the spleen from his pocket, and in a single mouthful swallowing it. An instant passes, before the air around Kyle seems to warp, looking away from the flash, you see over half of the enemies warp the same, and disappear without a trace, and immediately look back to Kyle, searching for his presence. Where he stood before stands a being you have only heard the likes of in legend, a solid brass automaton, a fine mesh of cogs and valves arranged in a sphere, vines interlaced throughout supporting the structure. It turns to you, faceless, and stands still, appearing indecisive.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2013, 12:38:09 pm »

"Guys. I think something happened. I just know I see lights where I thought there were people."
Oh well. Kyle jumps off the ship and into the fray to fight with his fellows.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2013, 12:41:53 pm »

"This should be simple enough."

Stand ready if something happen.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:34:22 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2013, 12:43:08 pm »

((Just to clarify, the lone warrior is the armoured dwarf, and the other dwarves obey him. And he's helping you kill the other shadow things. You sure? Unless you meant the golem thing?))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:49:05 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 11, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »

Give the giant warrior some space... a lot of space.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 11, 2013, 12:49:25 pm »

Leap up onto the bronze automatons shoulder, if it's not aggressive to me tap it and point at the enemy whilst drawing a finger across my throat, cover it and attempt to guide the giant warrior towards the correct targets.
     "Not again...."
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2013, 12:56:58 pm »

Ryxa dropped back into a loose stance, preparing for agile spring instead of a steady parry-called the Dragonfighters Lift, a technique one used when you couldn't afford to get hit without being turned to paste.

She called out to the automaton.

"I am not your enemy. I stand among these people as ally. Help us defeat the foes of the Dwarves we are engaged against, if you are allied with us."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2013, 01:03:23 pm »

((Just to clarify, the lone warrior is the armoured dwarf, and the other dwarves obey him. And he's helping you kill the other shadow things. You sure? Unless you meant the golem thing?))
((Yes, I wasn't aware there was an armoured dwarf, just the golem and the dwarves crew.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2013, 01:20:32 pm »

((Yes, I wasn't aware there was an armoured dwarf, just the golem and the dwarves crew.))
(If you still try and kill the automaton I will stab you, I'm pretty sure it's Kyle.)
Nom nom nom

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2013, 01:33:52 pm »

(If you still try and kill the automaton I will stab you, I'm pretty sure it's Kyle.)
((I sure there was a golem standing before the last turn somewhere, can't find it right now. the thing that appeared just now, don't attack that))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »

(Kyle)
As you jump from the ship, the lights closest to you surge in intensity, and move swiftly away, the patterns contorting and twisting as they do. You try to speak, but you hear nothing. Attempting to aid your friends you lash out at the nearest light, feeling slight resistance on your arm as the light goes out. then one of the more distant points of light, rushes towards you, moving up to rest on your shoulder, although you feel nothing.

(Others)
The automaton jumps down from the ship, Ryxas words seemingly ignored. It turns towards you, the shadows scattering before it, and from deep within it emanates the sound of tortured metal. Then it turns to one of the few creatures that did not flee, and a vine emerges, piercing clean through the thing as it fades away. the rest of its kind turn and start to flee, their spirit broken.
 Suddenly Rylath breaks rank, running up to the creature before vaulting up onto its shoulder, where his frantic signals are ignored.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2013, 02:06:59 pm »

Kyle thrashes around trying to figure out what happened.
"Guys, I can't hear myself. Guys, help! I don't know whats going on!"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44