Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30732 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2013, 03:20:29 pm »

'A Myrmidon blade? By the gods, you would entrust me to work on this? But no, the risk of damage.......
 Perhaps...... I would not dream to tamper with the metal of such a blade, but I could make you a sheath..... And ht ribbon, I could embellish that.....If you would.'
 The dwarf stretches out his hands to take the blade, almost reverentially.

'Ah, sorry my friend. Runes can do most anything, and I take requests. Although I'm afraid that may have to wait for the boat if we are together as you suspect, as to work upon such a blade would need all that is here, and it is the chance of a lifetime.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2013, 03:52:52 pm »

Ryxa allows him to inspect it, knowing his life would be forfeit if it were to touch the ground.

"If you would honor me by improving the blades sheath, I would be grateful. An enchantment of sharpness to keep it's edge keen and merciless, perhaps-or one that ensures no blood slicks the surface and harries my grip...even one that would allow me to sense incoming danger and ready the blade for combat would be useful.

That being said, I must discuss this with my new compatriots. Mine is not the only weapon that needs improving, and I can only consider the blade itself above all other regards. It may be we as a whole are better served by following a different path, for now."

((OOC/@Kila: Yeah, I have the lowest survivability. :P Though, none of us are are really tanks. No ones got more than 2 in Earth power.

And remember the Dwarf said a 'simple' rune...I doubt we could get true invisibility, but a camouflage or shadowy enchantment would probably be doable.

I'd be willing to let it come down a 'draw straws' roll, of course, RP withstanding though it seems the Dwarf wants to work on mine. It could help anyone equally, though I understand tossing it to the healer. Given how lethal combat is, I'm really wondering if we should try to outlast our enemies instead of just killing them, though. I also have no idea how 'healing magic' actually works.

@Sjm: What are the limits of what he's offering to us? Would he offer more to work on my own sword, in comparison?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2013, 04:03:06 pm »

"Well, on the runes side of things I think the person that is adept at healing should see about improving that with a rune if possible. But if not something that could improve my ability to help the group in my own way would be nice. After all my favorite thing after being free and alive is seeing my allies free and alive."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »

"Indeed, I would prefer to save my own life, or others-at the cost of taking a foes.

Though...there is a distinct advantage to parting the enemies flesh before your own needs to be mended."
Ryxa counters.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2013, 04:11:56 pm »

(A rune that could repair internal organs would be nice, i don't have that yet.)

"I will return soon good merchant." Selina leaves and searches for a place she might buy some leather armor. She keeps a hand on her dagger in this unsavory place. (pay for it if its 30 gold or under. Any higher and just return to the boat to wait for the others.)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2013, 04:25:46 pm »

After some consideration Rylath says as nicely as possible, "Yes and if for certain these runes are as difficult to describe, that it would take the entirety of what our friend has here, I wish not to be mean but one that does the same job as blade maintenance or a good duelists glove would seem a waste.  On the same merit the only thing I'd ever need would be something that bolsters my personal luck which I highly doubt would be beneficial to the group.  Some type of enchanted gear for the person aimed at keeping us from all becoming corpses is my consideration."
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2013, 04:57:55 pm »

"I often forget your people have no experience with the every day arcane. The Drow use magic for many things you would consider wasteful. We consider it a waste to do them ourselves.

A blade magically sharpened will be better and stay better edged than the most well cared for sword. A suregrip enchantment is not unlike the luck enchantment you would wish for, keeping one from being disarmed by an opponent or fates mercy.

And, he did say he could only provide a minor rune. I am merely guessing within the confines of what he can do, given the time-not what I wish for."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2013, 09:12:49 pm »

((We're both drow btw, and I though magic was water based strongly not air, so for some reason I had it in my head that drow were utterly anti-magic/defense.  Not strong agressive+magic.  So yeah I should have good magic knowledge nvm what I've been saying.))
Nom nom nom

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 12:58:58 am »

((Magic isn't particularly skewed towards any element. And drow will really use whatever they can to get the kill, in general.))

'Here, I'll tell you what. the rune can wait, and you'll still get it, but the blade..... Let me work the blade now, and I'll give you my full attention on the ship. It is the one to the king you're getting, right?'

The dwarf takes a step back towards what appears to be a workshop area with blade in hand.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:49 am »

Ryxa nods, following the Dwarf.

"Then, let us do so. I shall watch you work."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 08:04:57 am »

(Ryxa)
The dwarf tells you to follow him round to a small area in the back of the store room. The area is ringed with row upon row of tools, many of which you cannot even begin to guess the purposes of. In the centre of the area is a single unadorned slab of stone, on which he has you lay the blade, before he takes a step back, musing for a moment, next grabbing an iron rod against which he takes measurements, mumbling to himself
 ‘Sheath first, I think.’

(F-8,A-4,W-10,E-10)
Ironwrit moves first to the stacks of leather against the wall, pulling multiple pieces from the racks before tutting, and throwing them to the ground. He turn to you for a moment, pondering, before pulling the bottom hide off the rack to reveal a chest, from which he takes a single gargantuan sapphire.
 ‘Yes, that might work.’
 He sets to work quickly, holding the rod to the sapphire and chiseling away with a look of grim concentration. When the outer shape is complete, he pulls a small ruby from his pocket and bends over the work, etching intricate runes into the surface, which fade as soon as they are written. He then sets the sheath to the side, not yet hollowed out, and picks up the sword itself.

(F-12,A-10,W-4,E-8)
With a flourish he draws from his apron an unremarkable bobbin of crimson thread, and laying the blade down, draws out the ribbon from the crossguard. Taking in his hand a needle, covered in unreadable gilding, he passes the thread through it, and holds the needle to the ribbon like a pen. The thread coils out, and flows from the tip of the needle into the ribbon. A few minutes later, the dwarf suddenly stands, and grabbing both blade and sheath, thrusts the one into the other, causing the room to flash with red light.
 When your vision recovers, Ironwrit stands before you, sheathed sword in hand. The sheath, made of translucent sapphire, is gilded in crimson, and crimson runes are fading back into the gem. the blade itself has acquired a certain redness to its edge, and on the ribbon red thread shift under your eyes, keeping no discernable pattern. Then he places it, still sheathed, in your hands.
 ‘It is done. Do not ask me what I have done, for even I do not truly know everything I have wrought for her, but treat her well, and she will do the same for you.’

-----
(Ryalth, Clair, Kyle)
Around half an hour later the dwarf re-enters the main area, a set of human sized clothmail in hand and a plain dagger in the other. The dagger he hands to Rylath and the mail to Kyle. then Ryxa enters the room, holding in her hands what appears to be a gigantic saphire, encasing her blade.
((scapheap, do you want to buy anything here?))
-----
(Selina)
It takes you a short while, but you eventually come across a tailors shop. the shopkeeper asks 20 gold for a suit of leather armour, and you accept, although the shopkeeper does little more than grunt a strained goodbye otherwise.
 Your return to the boat is as uneventful as your journey out, and the only person to pay you any real attention was quickly deterred when you turned round to show your face was hidden.
 Stoneflow greets you back to the ship with a nod, before turning back to his cabin, where he appears to be hunched over a number of charts.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:37:13 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2013, 08:35:54 am »

Ryxa bows her head respectfully, blade still in both hands.

"I have faith you have done what the fates intended.

If you should ever need me to draw this sword in your name, merely say so, and I will cut what you wish-be it man, beast or God."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2013, 08:41:17 am »

'You could draw it for me now. That will be more than enough, to have seen the blade in its rightful hands, and know I have done well.'

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2013, 09:11:36 am »

(No, thank you. I'm saving my cash for now.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2013, 12:44:25 pm »

Ryxa draws the blade at a safe distance and drops into a duelist stance. The sword is merely an extension of herself. It brings her will to reality.

Her blood pressure increases slightly. She gets that pleasant adrenaline fueled rush. For a moment, all she wishes in an army of foes to test her skills against.

And...then she is back in the here and now, sheathing it.

"All is well. The Blade feels more alive than before...and hungry. I think I will see how much, soon enough."

Ryxa headed to the docks afterwards, practicing her lightning quick flourishes and measured footwork in front of the docked ship-waiting for the rest of her teammates to board. She judged that anyone who could potentially seek her would have a good idea of where-the Dwarf job was the most likely she would have taken. While she had been hunting one competitor, as far as she knew, at least four were also hunting her. She knew their names and faces...but not the circumstances at which they present themselves.

She didn't even know if anyone would find her...but she would wait, and see if they would all the same.

Action: Head to the docks where the ship is, but stand guard out front until my companions have boarded. Board once everyone is ready to leave.

Be ready, since anyone who knows who I am is going to be waiting there for me.

((OOC: I'm done with my work here at the forge and ready to move on. I hope you weren't waiting on me!))

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44