Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30718 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #540 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:56 am »

Continue rolling and unrolling the parchment.

((^ Liar :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 17, 2013, 08:00:26 am »

((It's fabric. With magically shifting images on. Whether that counts as a tapestry, I don't know))

Passing under the bridge takes you to a T-junction. The left hand route leads to a door, which when opened, reveals the previous room, with the mosaic solid in the centre. the right hand route leads to an apparent dead end.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 17, 2013, 08:02:25 am »

"...What is going on?"
Read the tapestry.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 17, 2013, 08:10:39 am »

WELL RIGHT NOW, YOU’RE TALKING TO AN OMNISCIENT TAPESTRY. A DWARF IS LEADING A SMALL ARMY AGAINST SOME RATS. A BAKER JUST BURNT OFF HIS LEFT FINGER, DISCOVERING HE POSSESSES INNATE CHAOS MAGIC. BUT IF YOU MEAN RIGHT NOW, I’M TOYING WITH YOU. BECAUSE WHAT ELSE DOES AN OMNISCIENT TAPESTRY HAVE TO DO WITH ITSELF? WHAT I’M TRYING TO SAY, IS SPOILERS. THOUGH YOU MAY WANT TO TRY THE THIRD SLAB FROM THE RIGHT, SECOND ROW DOWN, ON THAT DEAD END. NO THANKS NECESSARY.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 17, 2013, 08:12:49 am »

Ryxa strolled down the right hand route, her pale eyes gleaming in the darkness.

Action: Ryxa checks the dead end for obvious switches and hidden doors and things

((Edit: Fabric/Parchment/Tapestry ninjaed?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 17, 2013, 08:24:58 am »

"Thank you regardless."

Go down to the dead end. Check the third slab from the right on the second row down.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 17, 2013, 08:26:36 am »

Taking the prompt, you follow the tapestry’s advice. The wall splits down the centre, the two halves swinging up and down into the passage respectively. The space beyond is lit by glowing runes (C5), and appears to be a plain passageway descending downwards. You can see it beginning to level out as it bends out of sight.
 There is a thump followed by footsteps, and then you hear the dwarf king chuckle from behind you.
 ‘Ah, I miss the adventuring days.’

((Yup, ninja'd by a gamma class object
FAKEEDIT: gamma class object is a reference to my classification system for plot importance. No more information will be given as to the actual meaning of this classification.))

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 17, 2013, 08:28:15 am »

Kyle follows since he really can't do anything else.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2013, 08:38:45 am »

Ryxa paces forward, though falls back a bit to keep in line with the King.

"I suppose back in your day, it was as easy as touching a wall in the right places to reveal what was hidden. As a King, it must be much harder to discern truth from lie." She says lightly enough.

Action: Forward!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 17, 2013, 08:42:03 am »

Continue forward.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 17, 2013, 08:48:00 am »

‘Aye, and to deal with all the awkward questions. Back in my day there were no wall unless we built them, soldier. And even then my siblings would try and knock them down. Make of that what you will.’
 As you talk, you press on through the passage. It doesn’t have any form of side passages, only bends and twists, and soon begins to head back uphill. It ends in another dead end, this time marked by a lone lever.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 17, 2013, 08:48:45 am »

Kyle seeing nothing else pulls the lever.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 17, 2013, 08:57:43 am »

Ryxa stands in place, leaning back and forth slowly.

"I once saw a trap very similar to this circumstance on my journeys. A long uphill hallway followed by a single, unadorned lever. Once the lever was pulled, the wall receded and a giant stone sphere rolled down the incline toward my group, aided by gravity. I have to admit, it was a fairly close cut to outrun the boulder-but, I'm a bit faster now, then I was before..." She says idly, stretching her legs.

Action: Idle Animation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 17, 2013, 09:16:37 am »

"Um...that sounds..."

Cut finger and draw T1(T2(A7),C8) on the wall before Kyle can pull the lever.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 17, 2013, 09:24:22 am »

Krom takes his dagger and drags the tip across his fingertip, inscribing the runes onto the wall in blood just as his finger heals up. (11+3) Nothing changes, and you can see no errors in the runes.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44