Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30728 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2013, 10:25:39 am »

Kyle tucks the boots firmly between two girders, where they stay wedged.
 then the king speaks again. ‘Well if you’re all just going to stand here, I’m heading north.’
 He passes around the mosaic, and out of the north door, which opens without resistance. A moment later, an indistinct yell in his voice echoes from the passage beyond. The second time is clearer - ‘Soldiers, we got a chest here. Give me a hand.’
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2013, 10:31:48 am »

Kyle follows the king.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2013, 10:37:04 am »

Follow confused, lend a hand.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 16, 2013, 10:37:20 am »

You come upon the king standing on a low stone bridge. Under the bridge runs a second passageway, at the end of which is a light wooden chest. there is around two metres drop into this passageway, which otherwise appears clear.
 Beyond the king the bridge continues into a plain corridor, a single torch adorning the wall a metre or two before the corner.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 16, 2013, 10:40:13 am »

Continue following.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 16, 2013, 10:45:04 am »

"Oh look, a chest. The most trapped object in existence."

Ryxa thinks they would likely trap the ground in front of the chest, rather than the chest itself. And who traps the walls?

Action: Ryxa runs along the wall, and comes to a stop high in the corner facing the chest, using both her legs as leverage-being careful not to touch the floor. Look out for any obvious traps or anything interesting from my vantage point...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2013, 10:47:09 am »

Kyle follows along and aids as he can.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 16, 2013, 11:16:29 am »

Ryxa  leaps from the bridge towards the wall, (8+4) her feet finding just enough purchase to allow her to keep up the speed. As she comes into the corner, she twists, (5+4) bracing against the walls on either side. However, she begins to slip downwards, (5+4) only to catch one leg on the chest itself. Nothing seems to happen as quiet falls.
 The floor around the chest is covered in dust, but no more so than the rest of the passage under the bridge. The chest itself would not appear to be pressure sensitive, although there is a rune
(A8) engraved into the padlock.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:27:37 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 16, 2013, 11:43:55 am »

Ryxa nodded. Dust everywhere...hmm...

Action: Call out the runes general shape and ask if the king recognizes it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 16, 2013, 11:54:12 am »

‘Sounds like the rune for ‘Hide’ to me soldier. Must be a powerful mage to conceal something with just that though, and I have no clue what they might be concealing.’

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 16, 2013, 12:09:09 pm »

"Well, I'm not a lock picker or a trap disarmer. Anyone have an idea how we should open this?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 16, 2013, 12:19:54 pm »

"I have an idea."

Inscribe T2 rune around A8 rune.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 16, 2013, 12:34:56 pm »

Krom jumps down from the bridge, crouching down besides the lock and pulling out one of the daggers. He scratches an elaborate circle around the rune, and finishing he steps back. In place of the chest is a wicker basket, seeming to draw the attention as if to make sure it is noticed. Around one of the handles is the padlock, and in the basket itself are two objects.
 The first is a wooden hand axe, which nonetheless appears sharp enough to cut flesh. The handle is bound tightly in dried vines, somehow still remaining a vibrant green. The other object is what appears to be a tapestry, tightly rolled, but with the patterns on it’s surface shifting under your gaze.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:45 pm »

((All right, if Ryxa was standing on the chest and now the chest is gone...or is just see through but still there? :P Uhhhh...

Edit: Well in retrospect I guess I'm still in the corner. Did the chest what did to go?))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 16, 2013, 12:43:51 pm »

(( Damn, forgot to include that bit in the post. There was a reason the DC to put a leg on a large chest was a 9 :P ))
Ryxa's leg is braced precariously against the basket's handle.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44