Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30762 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:16 am »

Ryxa nodded. It was no more or less than she had expected.

And in truth, she was looking forward to a feast...

She spoke once more before they entered the double doors.

"...Tell me, King Stoneson-it was you who bested Alex Yurlson of the 101 blades when he challenged after the campaign against the Mycomind-where I believe you fought together. He was a friend of mine, and if the rumors are right, he was yours as well. Some say you melted his weapons into a pair of ironshod boots after you killed him, but I never believed that..."

She smiles slightly.

"I mean no disrespect and offer no grievance. But, we have long wondered what became of Alex's twin daggers-the Fate and the Fury. They were Northern-make blades of pure enchanted starstone that never needs to be sharpened-stronger and more deadly than any mundane steel-gifted to him by her majesty Olua of the manfolk, at that time.

We have only the whispers of bards and barracks talk in regards to the daggers fate. I ask you know, for Alex's son is fast becoming the image of his father-and he will be honor bound to seek these weapons out-even if he must challenge you to do so. He has sworn an oath to avenge himself upon you, but as is, he has no hope of survival. Unless you wish a young man to die before he comes into his full potential, I would beg for your truthfulness in that matter, King Stoneson."

((Bah, making my own sidequest :P
Do what you want with this sjm, but I figure it'd be nice to pepper in some treasure lore you might one day find useful.))

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:31:53 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 13, 2013, 10:41:09 am »

"I'll get us some rooms at the Inn, i'll see if anyone there knows more about these creatures as well. Knowledge can come from some very unlikely places."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 13, 2013, 10:48:31 am »

'His gear was sent to the armory soldier, whole for whoever would come to claim it. If it was not returned to his next of kin, then i know not where it is.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 13, 2013, 10:59:47 am »

Ryxa nods. They had certainly never seen the blades after the fight. Master Hunneld himself had gone to retrieve them and found no trace.

A lie? Or did he truly not know?

It came to the same thing, anyway.

"What do you remember of Alex, King Stoneson? Was he truly a friend of yours?

You knew him as a different man than I-he taught me parries and thrusts, when I was but a stripling in the art of war and he a trainer. I learned how to defend myself properly under his tutelage. His skills have saved my life many times over-and yet, he was no match for you. They say he changed sometimes during his travels, after he left...that perhaps arrogance was his downfall. But, I did not know him to be an over proudful man. Nor a fool."
She asked.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 13, 2013, 11:09:24 am »

'A friend? As close as I have friends, I suppose. He was not rash, and his challenge was unexpected. But I could hardly refuse. He knew the terms.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:49 am »

"As do we all." She concludes simply.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 13, 2013, 11:38:32 am »

(Others)
As you approach the end of the corridor the doors swing open to grant you passage, and  a wondrous sight is revealed. A grand staircase splits down from your position, following the walls of the circular room to end on the opposite side. Between the stairs lies a single column of glass, within which a current of magma flows downwards, illuminating the area, throughout which dwarves scurry with shock at the site of the automaton.
 Beyond the pillar the room opens in a cavernous archway, from which can be clearly heard the sound of hammers upon iron, and descending, you can see three more passages, one off to either side in the stairwells, and one underneath the landing, in which a wonderfully carved mural parts to reveal the entrance to the throne room. The king ignores this, walking straight towards the forges.

(Kyle)
As you head towards the blackness inside the cliff face, the pulsing lights follow, most of which gradually drifting off to the sides. As you pass these small tunnels, The patterns within each brighten suddenly, before fading away from you. Then you come across a sea of lights independent from these, the tracings speeding back and forth across your vision, and under your feet even as you descend the stairway. in the centre of the room is a single pillar of the surface light, and the five lights that have remained on course carry on further into the fortress.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2013, 11:29:41 am »

(Others)
As you pass down the forge tunnel, he motions for you to walk down a narrow side passage, where a bald scalped attendant stands ready to greet you, and presumably to guide you around the city. He calls out to you.
 ‘You must be the guards off the ship that just came in? The local inn has offered to put you up for the night for your help in fending off the shades. I’ll take you there now, unless there’s anywhere else you wish to go, or you wish to accompany your friend down to the forges.’
 he nods at the automaton, whom the king has continued to lead down the path to the forges, and is silhouetted against the forge lights.

(Kyle)
The constant lights soon part off from the main passage down a side route, which appears to be too small for you to pass within. Without another option, you follow the final light deeper into the mountain, until you come to a large open area. A plethora of dim lights twist and turn in front of anvil shape and streams of sheen, a couple brightening as you enter. the light you follow heads over to the nearest of the forges, and you follow to stand beside it.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2013, 11:32:00 am »

((I would be doing actions but unless I decided to suddenly rampage I don't think I have much to do.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2013, 11:34:03 am »

((fair play. i was thinking of doing one large update with the last two and probably the next, but I didn't really get the urge to write for long enough.))

Sigtext

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2013, 11:35:08 am »

((Morale of this story, don't eat chaos magic unless you have a way to change back.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:37:58 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 14, 2013, 11:37:12 am »

((Whatever I still look awesome.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 14, 2013, 02:58:27 pm »

(Others)
The attendant leads you through a series of winding passageways in a seemingly residential area, before you emerge into a large open cavern, a carpet of fungus lining the ground. The walls too are lines with some sort of luminescent mould. In the centre of the cavern sits a huge building, a wood and stone tavern of unusual design - the doorways alone stand three times the height of a dwarf, and the upper floor protrudes over the lower, shading the windows. As you cross the open space to the door, a strange bat-like creature descends from the shadow obscured ceiling. It lands on Selinas shoulder for a moment, displaying a red chest and six separate sets of limbs. Then the door opens, and the animal goes to the figure who emerges.
 ‘I see you met Raskas, friends. They found him wandering in the valleys the same time they found me.’
 A troll stands in the door frame, his large grey skinned gut hanging over his belt, and jaw set in a welcoming grin. Raskas, the animal, nuzzles up to his arm.
 ‘Anyway, welcome to the travellers rest, the best inn in Bastion, or so i’m told. ‘Course, they would tell me that.’
 He breaks into a guffaw, Raskas lifting off to land on a bar set into the wall for seemingly this exact purpose. Then he turns, still chuckling, and waves his hand for you to follow him inside.
 ‘We don’t get many visitors round these parts, so you’ve got the run of the place. Rusty’s starting on a meal already, so if there’s anything else you need feel free to ask.’

(Kyle)
The lights shift slightly, the new one moving closer to you, and reaching out towards you, before stepping back to the forge for a moment. Then suddenly it moves back towards you, distorting.
 ‘......should do it...... can you hear me there? Stomp once for yes, never for no.’
 A stomp later, and the voice continues.
 ‘Not sure we can make you speak again. No mouth you see. Could maybe forge you one but it won’t be quick. week at the least. Problem is, hearing is just picking up vibrations. Speaking, you actually have to make them. Although you don’t have eyes either, do you? Give me a second, and I’ll try to fix that.’
 This is followed by another distortion, and suddenly the lights reveal themselves into the shape of a monochrome dwarf, carved from the same dull shine as the walls and floors, but failing to obscure the patterns within. he wears an apron, various tools hanging from his belt, and with hammer and chisel in hand.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 14, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

Kyle nearly flails around in joy but settles for trying to figure out what he looks like now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2013, 01:42:57 pm »

(Kyle)
Moving past the dwarf, you soon come to what appears to be a huge pool, probably for cooling the fresh forged metal. Looking into it, the dull sheen that forms your world is illuminated by a singular pinpoint of light, dim but flickering, in the centre of a monstrous metal sphere, constructed of various struts and crosspieces. throughout the structure, vines are laced, protruding from either side and the base to mimic limbs. on one of the higher crosspieces is engraved a set of runes (A figure of eight (T1) containing (A4)(C6), and another separate rune (A5)). Then the figure of the lone warrior from the battle outside appears in the pool, his light barely visible.
 ‘Come with me now. I will take you to your friends.’
 Without a word more, he turns and leaves, heading down a side passage seemingly intended for cargo. You follow him, the stone floor giving way to a much softer looking substance, until you emerge into a cavern, draped in lichen, in the centre of which sits a gigantic construction, a wood and stone inn.
 ‘I leave you here. Rest, if you can. I will return tomorrow.’
 As he approaches the exit to the area, a voice echoes from the troll standing in the doorway.
 ‘’ere, what in the name of the gods am I supposed to do with this sire?’
 ‘I’m sure he’ll be content to rest outside.’
 The trolls reply is lost on the departing king.
 ‘He....?’

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44