Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [ISG] You've washed up on a desert island! Sweet loot!  (Read 3727 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] You've washed up on a desert island! Sweet loot!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 03:52:34 pm »

Coconuts! Get them now.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »

"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 06:58:05 pm »

Climb them.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 07:39:48 pm »

Climbing is good, but can we reach them with a piece of drift wood?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2013, 06:05:27 pm »

Climbing is good, but can we reach them with a piece of drift wood?

You chuck a piece of driftwood, but your aim is bad in your current state. You can see where it landed easily enough, so you throw the rest of it too. One grazes a coconut, but the drupe fails to budge. You'll need something a bit heavier.

You gather up your driftwood, and consider climbing for them. You're weak and malnourished at the moment. Are you sure you want to try climbing the trees?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2013, 06:38:55 pm »

I think we should go for easier food guys, getting the coconut is one thing, cracking one open is an entirely different ball-game. We could still try it and climb, maybe we can get it and get down without hurting ourselves.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2013, 06:45:03 pm »

Continue heading down the beach in search of a stream!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 04:12:03 am »

I think we should go for easier food guys, getting the coconut is one thing, cracking one open is an entirely different ball-game. We could still try it and climb, maybe we can get it and get down without hurting ourselves.

Yeah, I was hoping at least we could bang two of them together until one cracked, but we might need a rock or something. I really wanted them because thirst is probably more urgent than hunger, and we can't drink salt water. We could build something to trap rainwater, but who knows how long we have until a storm?

Maybe find a way to lash the multitool to a stick and use it as a makeshift spear to cut them down, then hope to find something to open them further on.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2013, 08:40:01 am »

Yeah, I was hoping at least we could bang two of them together until one cracked, but we might need a rock or something. I really wanted them because thirst is probably more urgent than hunger, and we can't drink salt water. We could build something to trap rainwater, but who knows how long we have until a storm?
Hence why I want to find a stream. Streams are typically freshwater, and running water (like streams) tends to be clean...well, clean enough.

Maybe find a way to lash the multitool to a stick and use it as a makeshift spear to cut them down, then hope to find something to open them further on.
I'm having trouble seeing how that would work, unless maybe the multitool had rope and hatchet attachments.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3]