Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [ISG] You've washed up on a desert island! Sweet loot!  (Read 3735 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] You've washed up on a desert island! Illustrations to come.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 07:24:51 pm »

Wander along the beach. See if you can see other land in the distance; perhaps you're near the coast of some mainland, or even another island. Try not to go more than 200 meters away from your initial landing point.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 07:26:56 pm »

I say we go with Sirus' idea, but we make foot wraps, if nothing else than to protect our feet. Some real nasty stuff is on the beach waiting for you to step in it, some deadly, some not exactly deadly but if alone and stranded, deadly as well.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:28:26 pm »

Climbing's out for now, eh? Well in that case, let us look for some driftwood we can use. Whittle some into a spear and try to catch a fish in the shallows. We need food. Then we can try to find and knock loose a coconut - coconut milk will help our immediate thirst problem.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 07:43:34 pm »

Wander along the beach. See if you can see other land in the distance; perhaps you're near the coast of some mainland, or even another island. Try not to go more than 200 meters away from your initial landing point.

You start walking down the beach, keeping an eye out for anything that isn't more sand. You see a few small pieces of driftwood, none bigger than your fist, but you grab them anyway. Shortly after you lose sight of where you started (You think? You're not wholly certain), you spot something white sticking out of the sand. You quicken your pace as you move closer.

Holy crap, a personal cooler! Actually, you think this might be the skipper's. You haul it out of the sand and take a peek inside, but there's just a bit of salt water. You dump it out immediately.

Keep going along the beach? Look for coconut trees? Try to knife-fish? Try to climb a tree to get leaves? Something else?

Spoiler: Awareness (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] You've washed up on a desert island! Sweet loot!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 07:46:43 pm »

Is the cooler made of styrofoam or something more sturdy?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:11 pm »

I don't think we should risk climbing a tree. Falling and breaking something is a death sentence, and we really can't afford any type of injury now.

If there are fresh, fallen leaves, collect them. Try to determine what type of palm trees we are dealing with, if they're the type with the large slabs of bark, rip two pieces off to make tree-shoes in the future.

Also, this, if it's something more sturdy we could probably boil water in it.
I need to put something interesting here.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 07:54:05 pm »

I don't think we should risk climbing a tree. Falling and breaking something is a death sentence, and we really can't afford any type of injury now.

If there are fresh, fallen leaves, collect them. Try to determine what type of palm trees we are dealing with, if they're the type with the large slabs of bark, rip two pieces off to make tree-shoes in the future.

The cooler is constructed from a white plastic. It looks fairly hardy. The blue handle is also rigid plastic. The lid is gone, but who knows? It might turn up. You briefly consider attempting to boil water with it, but you don't have any way to make fire just now, and more importantly it'd probably melt out the bottom of the cooler first.

You move to the tree line and take a look at a few fallen leaves. They're thick, but dry and brittle. You fold one experimentally, but it breaks and crumbles. Fresh ones might fare better, but you can't say for certain. Right now, you aren't sure what these ones on the ground might be used for. The bark on the trees appear to be smooth up to just under the leafy top of the tree.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 08:01:33 pm »

Hm, we need shelter, food, and good drinking water. Being close to the ocean though, I think we might find much less of the last one. Look to see if there's a area where the trees are thinner, or possibly just not as thick as normal.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 08:10:40 pm »

Take those thick dead leaves and make a large triangle on a stretch of beach. This is an international signal for distress. If an airplane or helicopter passes overhead, they may see it and check it out.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 08:14:50 pm »

Hm, we need shelter, food, and good drinking water. Being close to the ocean though, I think we might find much less of the last one. Look to see if there's a area where the trees are thinner, or possibly just not as thick as normal.

Would you mind clarifying a bit? From where you can stand, the trees start out sparse, but farther inland they're fairly close together. Are you saying you want to head inland and look for a clearing?

Take those thick dead leaves and make a large triangle on a stretch of beach. This is an international signal for distress. If an airplane or helicopter passes overhead, they may see it and check it out.

You take a minute to gather some leaves, and lay them out in a triangle shape on the sand. You don't have tons of leaves nearby though, and when you run out, the sides look about 5 feet long or so. Probably not big enough, and the color doesn't stand out well. Still, better than nothing.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »

I say we look for some form of landmark along the beach, like a rock formation, or a wide tree. Something to make a good lean-to from.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 08:39:24 pm »

Good idea. Let's do that.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 08:43:23 pm »

Look for some large sticks in the forest.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »

Male
Jeremy
Floating
+1, but change "Floating" to "Deep sea fishing."
That was a bit of snark; he was floating before he was on the beach, wasn't he?
Which the GM seems to have understood. I think.

Actually, you can boil water in styrofoam.

Start walking down the beach in search of either shelter or some kind of river's mouth. Ideally the latter.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »

((Consensus seems to be hunt for landmarks, so...))

You continue along the beach, hunting for a distinctive landmark, preferably something you can make shelter more easily with. Eventually, you find...

These two trees, sitting out toward the beach. By some chance, the area around them is fairly clear. All in all, a fairly decent place to make ca-

Wait. Hang on a second. Are those...?

Sweet.

Pages: 1 [2] 3