Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are a Dark Heretek (Warhammer 40,000 Suggestions Game)  (Read 5717 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Chaos Warrior (Warhammer 40,000 Suggestions Game)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 06:51:22 am »

(A little warning/plead: Please don't suggest randomurdering people. Even if it is for the Blood God. If it is part of a grand scheme to sacrifice millions to Khorne, then fine. Just give a reason; BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! is not a reason. I know in canon they actually kill 'cause they can, but I'm trying to make a good plot. Sorry if this inconveniences your blood-lust.)

You look around the Formless Wastes; a wild, evershifting mass of inconsistent landscape. There is a mountain made purely of hills, then it warps into a tree beneath a bird made of roots. Even you are not of form. You try to move, but you have no physical vessel to move with. You cannot feel anything; the wind, the sounds, nothing. Except the pain. The pain! You try to scream, but there is no mouth to release it.

"Gah. Gah. Graaagh!" you scream. You finally have a mouth of which to spew forth your profanities. Then, you see your hands and arms and body re-materialize.

You fall to the floor, and vomit a purplish goo which merely floats in front of you. Then it dissipates. You look around, and you see the changing landscape twist and turn. (5) The land beneath you rises quickly, and you get a better view of the Wastes. (2) You can't find anything of note, but you can see a light coming from a wrecked ship ahead. (4) Your connection with the Warp gives you a better view of what it is: a band of cultists hurrying back to the ship, herded by a squad of Word Bearers. They are being chased by Furies, (4-6) but the Chaos Marines manage to hold them off.

You can hear a voice in the back of your mind, the same voice of the daemon whom you met near death. He grumbles with a booming voice, then laughs with such malice that would make men of steel falter.

"Hello Kul. Pleasant view, is it not? I see the ship I teleported you on has failed my needs. The weak were immediately destroyed. Their bodies incinerated. I thought you were weak as well, but your will has remanifested itself! You intrigue me mortal. I will see you soon..."

You are teleported in front of the large wreck. You see your Chaos Marine brethren holding off the Furies, and they call for your aid. They slowly move back towards the ship and your position, while the cultists shoot their flimsy pistols at them.

What now?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:35 am »

Yell "Into the ship you fools, quickly!"  and then charge forward wielding combi-bolter in one hand and chain axe in the other. Help the other Marines hold off the Furies through the retreat, keep the Furies at a distance, and bash any of them that get in range in the face with our axe but do not engage them at close range unless forced to. If we manage to get to the ship seal the entrance if possible.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 07:39:58 am »

Yell "Into the ship you fools, quickly!"  and then charge forward wielding combi-bolter in one hand and chain axe in the other. Help the other Marines hold off the Furies through the retreat, keep the Furies at a distance, and bash any of them that get in range in the face with our axe but do not engage them at close range unless forced to. If we manage to get to the ship seal the entrance if possible.
This. Furies are weaklings, but they are home here.
Also, for reference, this is what Chaos Furies look like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In french, they are named Gargouilles (Gargoyles), which is waaayyy more accurate, IMO.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 07:43:57 am »

This. Furies are weaklings, but they are home here.
Also, for reference, this is what Chaos Furies look like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In french, they are named Gargouilles (Gargoyles), which is waaayyy more accurate, IMO.
They may be weak, but this is their home so there are lots of em, with a tendency for destroying small gatherings of daemons and everything else in reach :D So lovely!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 07:44:42 am »

Yeah, but Furies are the canon name, so I used that. I will, however, make my own creatures and races if I deem it necessary.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 10:46:00 am »

Do what adwarf said.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dark Disciple (Warhammer 40,000 Suggestions Game)
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 12:59:09 am »

You yell at the cultists and marines to get inside the ship. (1) They are too preoccupied to listen to you and continue fighting. (5-5) The marines fight hard, but the Furies manage to hold of their attack. (4-6) The cultists, however, are not so lucky. The Furies quickly fly through the marines and decapitates two of the cultists! (5-6) They do not see you immediately, but are aware of your presence nearby.

You charge towards the Furies (6) and surprise them. You shoot at them with your bolter (4-5) and miss just barely! When you arrive, you hack at them with your chain-axe (1-1) and manage to barely hit one of them. (3-2) It hurts the Fury, and it runs back towards the majority of its brethren.

The marines shoot at the fleeing Furies. (6-3) They hit quite a few targets and (5-2) guns almost half of them down! After the fight, you herd all of them into the ship. You order the cultists to seal the breach (5) and they do a fairly good job. You explore the hallway of the ship, and after you are alone, you once again hear the daemon.

"Well done, Kul. You have proven yourself worthy. The gods are pleased with your victory over the savage Furies. They willed me to grant you with one gift. What is it you wish, mortal? Beauty? Power? A weapon? Choose." he says, then laughs maliciously.

Choose one gift. Nothing too OP for the start of the game though; that would be boring for the gods.

Dying of laughter?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 01:03:49 am »

A greater affinity to the Warp.
That or knowledge of spells and stuff like that.
Sig! Onol

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 02:04:42 am »

The power and knowledge of machines, and how to work the forces of Chaos upon them.

A greater affinity to the Warp.
That or knowledge of spells and stuff like that.

We can learn spells ourselves later, with a connection to the Warp like we have one of the legion's sorcerers or a daemon might be able to teach us to use the Warp's power. For now its best to establish skills in other areas we don't yet have.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 02:35:57 am »

Hmm, true. that said, we aren't an Adeptus Mechanicus. Hmm...
Eh, +1 adwarf.
Sig! Onol

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 02:47:07 am »

Hmm, true. that said, we aren't an Adeptus Mechanicus. Hmm...
Eh, +1 adwarf.
No need to be, but the knowledge sure will be useful for we're stuck with very few of our numbers in the Formless Wastes, we have a ship as our stronghold, and a number of cultists with most likely only a handful of Marines. We gotta have every edge we can if we wanna take control over the survivors, and escape the Wastes so we may better serve Chaos by preparing for the war on the Imperium.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 03:37:58 am »

yeah, +1 adwarf. Repair dat ship!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dark Disciple (Warhammer 40,000 Suggestions Game)
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 07:02:31 am »

lets fix the ship.
ask for tech skills.
when the ship gets moveing try to build robots to house minor demons.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dark Heretek (Warhammer 40,000 Suggestions Game)
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 07:30:11 am »

"I wish for the knowledge of technology! All of it's knowledge, forbidden or not! Tell me, daemon!"

"Very well. Through Tzeentch, I gift you the knowledge of machinery! Use it well, Kul. Oh, and take this. It will help you," he says, then once again laughs and disappears into the mist.

You now know how to repair machines, build new ones, and bind daemons into machines to make Daemon Engines! Your Power Armor also has been replaced Dark Mechanicus Power Armor! It has mechadendrites that can help you repair machines or fight with!

One of the Marines walks up to you. He seems to be their leader.

"Greetings Champion! You have saved us from the Furies, and we will gladly kill alongside you!"

You then ask him how they all got there, and what happened to the rest of the crew.

"The Gods saved us from the Imperial dogs! We were sucked into the Warp, but as we venerated all the gods, none could claim us! We ended up in the Formless Wastes, and the rest of us were killed by the Furies. This ship could get us out of here. I guess you could repair some of the ship, but the warp drive is beyond repair. Perhaps if you could infuse this ship with a daemonic entity, it could get us out of here.

You start work on fixing the ship. (3) Progress is slow, but it's there. The Marines are on lookout while the cultists help you fix other things. You get the shields running, as well as the Gellar Field. The guns are somewhat operational, and soon power is restored. You also find an armory. Their are some combi-flamers and combi-meltas, as well as some chain-swords and chain-axes. Their are some broken Terminator Suits and a Power-Claw.

You exit the ship and look for a daemon to possess the ship. You spot a pack of Furies flying towards you, and a much larger one flying close by. Various other daemons prowl the Wastes; there is a weird crab-like creature floating on itself, a dragon with six pairs of legs, and a gigantic horse whose face constantly changes from a leering grin to a puckered snarl.

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 [2] 3