Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You are a Dark Heretek (Warhammer 40,000 Suggestions Game)  (Read 5714 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

(This is going to be sort of a test for a new RtD I'm thinking of hosting.)

You are a Warrior of the Dark Gods!

You are an aspiring champion of Chaos. In your most recent battle, you became trapped in the Warp by accident. You now reside in a neutral area where the Furies prowl. You try to regain your senses and you feel your body and mind taking shape once more. Who are you?

Name: (Serious name please; no EmprahSlayah)
Gender: (Only if you don't start out as a marine; if you're starting as something else, then fine)
Patron God: (Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, or Slaanesh)
Bio: (Basic history, appearance, personality, fall to Chaos. The more detailed the better)
Traitor Legion: (Choose an existing one like the Black Legion, a Regenade Chapter like the Soul Drinkers, or make your own. If you make your own, write the history and please make it serious)
Title: (Your title will change along with your patron god; for example, Khornate Beserker, Tzeentchian Sorcerer, Nurglish  Plague Marine, or Slaaneshi Noise Marine. You can also suggest another title, and if it's good I'd like permission to use it in the RtD)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:57:46 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Chaos Warrior (Warhammer 40,000 Suggestions Game)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 06:30:58 am »

Reserved~
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:30:56 am »

Name: Sztilmnack
patron god: Tzeentch
Chapter: Night Lords
Bio: was a basic marine at the time of the Heresy. Had latent psy powers, but nothing big. During the Heresy, your ship was travelling through the Warp, and your powers awakened randomly. This translated into unholy headaches. So painful you sold your soul to tzeentch to make it stop. After that, you became a sorcerer. Nothing big, but enough to fry a couple guys from time to time. You still rely mostly on your bolter and your chainsword.

OP: remove the gender thing, there is no such thing as a female marine. Not even slaaneshi.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:46:18 am »

Right, forgot about that. I just put it there in case you made a character that doesn't start out as a marine and became another sort if Chaos Warrior.
Dying of laughter?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 09:15:03 am »

Name: John Stulmak
Patron god: nurgle
Chapter: None. Chaos cultist
Bio: Lived on a hiveworld as a ex-IG medic. Treated hivers addicted to the various drugs available until one day the strain got too much and you tried it yourself. That stuff, however, had been a very particular concoction, and since then you've seen the light, as it were. When the chaos cultists surged from the guts of the tower, you rallied your former patients and rose with them, and got off world before Exterminatus to spread the blessed word of the dark gods.

I think a cultist character would be interesting. Still potential to become a chaos space marine, and more freedom to act. Space marines were always just 'Grr. Rgh. Kill.'
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 09:55:29 am »

I think a cultist character would be interesting. Still potential to become a chaos space marine, and more freedom to act. Space marines were always just 'Grr. Rgh. Kill.'
1) yes, sure.
2) er... I seen pieces of canon before that suggested that maybe yes, but it's really ambiguous, and I tend to think that the Chaos Marines just run on absurdly high reserves from the heresy (legions were much, much larger than actual chapters), and excommunicate traitoris like the red corsairs. But we could set our own rules and say it is possible (see Fabius Bile)
3) Not really. They can be fairly complex characters. The Horus Heresy books are really mind-opening on that matter. I read only the first one then quit, because I'm a wimp and it made me sadder than a 12-years-old girl watching Twilight. It's THAT moving. (mostly because I know the ending. I really dislike tragedies.)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 10:10:13 am »

The Horus Heresy books get worse. I'm up to Betrayer. Oh dear god how I lament. Especially since everyone who works with the World Eaters has balls of adamantium. Not the women though. The women have balls of transdimensional necrontyr metal. Oh my god that captain chick is incredibly awesome.

Anyway, no more fanboying, back to business.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 11:57:21 am »

Name: Marduk Kul
Patron God: Chaos Undivided
Bio:
Marduk Kul was a newly raised initiate during the time of the Heresy, and quickly accepted the new path Lorgar had chosen for the chapter in the worship of Chaos. He took part in the strike on Calth where he unleashed havoc upon his foe, killing a dozen of his once brother marines, and hundreds more who saw fit to resist against the word of Lorgar. His participation in the strike however was cut short when, near the end of the battle, in a clash with the Ultramarines his entire unit was wiped out, and he lost one of his arms.

When he came to he found the air crackling with the power of the Warp, before him towering over a pile of bodies a daemon stood laughing, a blood curdling laugh that made Marduk desire to crawl away but he was frozen in place. As he tried to move the Daemon noticed him and turned, blood dripping from its claws and teeth (or the ones Marduk could percieve), and as its gaze fell upon him he felt something massive push against his mind. The daemon said three words, "Serve Chaos well.", and then Marduk was raked with pain as he quickly lost conciousness. When he next awoke he was on board a ship fleeing for the Eye of Terror, and his arm had been replaced by a gross clawed monstrosity, and ... and in the back of his mind he could feel something new, a connection to the Warp that had been so faint before he had never noticed.

Traitor Legion: Word Bearers
Title: Dark Disciple

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:18:54 pm »

HNNNG PTW.

Also, +1 to Chaos Undivided guy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:49:53 pm »

+1 to Chaos Undividedm we can always change later.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 02:47:59 pm »

1) yes, sure.
2) er... I seen pieces of canon before that suggested that maybe yes, but it's really ambiguous, and I tend to think that the Chaos Marines just run on absurdly high reserves from the heresy (legions were much, much larger than actual chapters), and excommunicate traitoris like the red corsairs. But we could set our own rules and say it is possible (see Fabius Bile)
3) Not really. They can be fairly complex characters. The Horus Heresy books are really mind-opening on that matter. I read only the first one then quit, because I'm a wimp and it made me sadder than a 12-years-old girl watching Twilight. It's THAT moving. (mostly because I know the ending. I really dislike tragedies.)

With the rate things die in warhammer 40k. i imagine that a lot of chaos space marines get burned through. They'd need a geneseed, but they could get those from their fallen foes. With the horus heresy, I've only got to the end of flight of the eisenstein (and also read mecharium, but that's just mars getting buggered up). Still, the space marines are pretty much all focused on killing things, just depending on their particular warrior philosophies.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 03:01:49 pm »

1) yes, sure.

With the rate things die in warhammer 40k. i imagine that a lot of chaos space marines get burned through. They'd need a geneseed, but they could get those from their fallen foes. With the horus heresy, I've only got to the end of flight of the eisenstein (and also read mecharium, but that's just mars getting buggered up). Still, the space marines are pretty much all focused on killing things, just depending on their particular warrior philosophies.

I'm fairly sure that Chaos Marines main source of gaining more Marines are from renegades, and newly turned marines, the lexicanum (which is the best and most accurate source I've found for 40k lore besides the books) says that they are still made by the Legion's Chaos equivalents of Apothecaries. However I doubt that actually makes that many new marines due to the fact that on top of the training these new marines also have to survive a large amount of taint from the warp. The only other instances I know of where Chaos ever created Marines is two instances (I can't find which legion it was for this one) but a Chaos Marine Legion created some form of Corrupted machines that birthed new Chaos marines, and secondly (though this doesn't fully count do to its nature) is the Rubric of Ahriman where those corrupted by the Warp were changed to Rubric Marines.

Referencing the Battle of the Fang I can also say that not all that many Chaos Marines get killed, as the bulk of Chaos Forces are their cultists, when Chaos Marines are put into play (98% of the time) they are en-mass and that is very rare at that.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 05:00:09 pm »

Okay, I'll start the game after I'm done with school. Seems like we'll be starting with Marduk Kul, unless more people vote for somebody else.
Dying of laughter?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 06:32:24 pm »

I really like this concept - sounds promising indeed.
Also, another vote for Marduk.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »

This thread is heresy
Pages: [1] 2 3