Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mutagen:A Suggestion Game *ANYONE SUGGEST~*  (Read 1553 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mutagen:A Suggestion Game *ANYONE SUGGEST~*
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:37:42 am »

Mutagen-A Suggestion Game
     You've done all the escape drills before, but when that alarm went off in the middle of the night you knew that it was for real.  Something about hearing screaming even before someone can sound the evacuation alarm really gave it away.  Calmly you got out of your sleeping pod, got dressed and even brushed your teeth for the sake of tradition.  Glancing at the wall you see that only the general alarm light is on, and shaking your head you refuse to imagine what is happening outside your tightly locked private room.
      The facility in question, above ground a high security prison for the condemned and below ground a sprawling research lab.  The people in the cells up above awaiting what they think is execution, or just until they die of old age, while below people working to turn human psychopaths into monsters in every sense of the word.  The facility that you've worked at for a good part of your life was funded at the most basic level to create drugs that would affect a living beings genetic structure and outer form even after maturity was reached.  The applications have ranged from treating downs syndrome to making hybrid pets for billionaires; but the real money maker was the weapons project.  The Mutagen project, a splash of playing god with a sprinkling of bio-terrorism, it was only a few months ago when they managed to get the virus to contaminate other specimen's and the fatality rate was still near the 50% mark.  Judging by the bloodcurdling screams for help, you're guessing it's not the eternal puppy project that's caused the alarm and it's only a matter of time before someone triggers the self destruct.
       Taking one last glance around your home and prison, you ready yourself to try and make for the surface before something rips you to shreds or the facility goes up in flames. 
---["First though, are you male or female?   Oh, and for the sake of this record what is your name?  Oh for god sake don't give me that damned look, you know it's hard for us humans to tell these days.   Also, just for history's sake, what was your job at the facility?"]

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll take either the most voted for, or what seems to make for the best backstory.

OOC Stuff's;

**There's going to only be one character for now, and his actions will be decided by the hivemind of players ((anyone can post and play or suggest actions!  Don't be shy!))  But as we go through the game if a behavioral norm starts to show up for the playerbase (we decide to execute children and eat the dead on a regular basis or some such nonsense)  I will be less likely to take the 'go dance in a field of flowers' suggestion.  Or you know, the other way round.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:48:05 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Mutagen:A Suggestion Game:Act One:Escape
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:47:54 am »

Name: Alexandre Demitri
Brief description physically: A well-built man gone slightly to seed, with short dirty blond hair that is beginning to bald, and weak blue eyes.
Job at the facility: I was a junior researcher with a lot of good ideas and no chance to ever work on them, because I kept getting shunted around into various projects. Doesn't look like I'll have the time to try out any of my ideas, though...

Planar Stalker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:23 am »

Name: Andrew Bezhinski
Brief physical description: Aaslightly overweight and not so tall man with short black hair and small grey eyes.
Job at the facility: Andrew is an electrician. He doesn't know much about the research projects and even the facility outside of the area he works, but he had a few assignments on the lower levels when local technicians needed help, so he had some glimpses of what was going there.
Brute force can sometimes knock down a locked door, but knowledge is a skeleton key.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:12:07 am »

Brief description physically: A well-built man gone slightly to seed, with short dirty blond hair that is beginning to bald, and weak blue eyes.
Job at the facility: I was a junior researcher with a lot of good ideas and no chance to ever work on them, because I kept getting shunted around into various projects. Doesn't look like I'll have the time to try out any of my ideas, though...
+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 06:12:44 am »

Name: Sergei Cherkofsky
Brief physical description: A tall, scrawny man with red hair. He requires glasses.
Job at the facility: A recently hired scientist who was assigned to work in finding out how to change the hair colors of people to prove that he was competent enough for the better, more important jobs. He heard a rumor about he project and started snooping around, and he didn't like what he found.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:20:23 am »

I'll give it another couple hours incase anyone wants to vote up someones idea or propose a different one. 
Nom nom nom

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:06 am »

Name: Steve [last name unknown]
Brief physical description: Average height with brown hair and blue eyes.
Job at the facility: A mechanic who's only job was to fix the broken things the eggheads couldn't fix themselves, he was enlisted at the facility to help with the nano-fusion particle accelerator.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 10:13:06 am »

+1
+2

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 04:02:20 pm »

Decisions Decisions
     My name is Alexandre Demitri, and at that facility I was as close to a nobody in the research community as you could get.  I got thrown around to whatever project wanted someone to clean their cages or wash out the petri dishes for them and since I was just a 'junior researcher', it didn't matter to anyone what I thought.  Though despite never being let into the decision making for the various projects my head was full of brilliant ideas and I managed to pick up a good basis on how just about every piece of research at the facility worked or at least how it was supposed to.  Well I suppose that's all you need to know about my past, unless you'd like to know a bit about my few friends there?   Actually, the important ones will come in as we go on, so here's how I managed to escape.

You stand in your one room apartment on the bottom level of the facility.  It's a dingy room with a bed and a desk with your computer that connects to the internal network for the facility.  Other then your few sets of clothing, you have a couple of USB drives that you smuggled in with some games on them.  Having been a tiny part of just about every project, you know your way around the facility incredibly well and figure it will only take you 15 minutes of uninterrupted running to get to the main entrance.  However if the self destruct is activated it will detonate in 10 minutes, and it could be triggered any moment.  The facility is also in the middle of no where, situated in a large barren wasteland and you don't have access to any sort of personal vehicle.  The screaming outside your room is still present though it's hard to tell if it's right in the hallway or in another room, you could try and run past whatever is happening, wait it out for a bit, or try and help the unfortunate souls.

The facility:
A 15 level complex with a central staircase and elevators on the outer edges.  However in the event of an emergency the elevators are powered down though you suppose the access ladders are still there.
-Currently on the basement level,  on the outer edge near the access elevators. 
Known projects ongoing on the facility;
Viral Mutagen Project-Takes up the entirety of the research facilities for levels 15 and 14.  Otherwise on those levels are the living quarters for the researchers.
      -Level 15, specimen lockdown;Housed are some 100 specimens exhibiting varying mutations of different species including some 20 humans.
      -Level 14, Viral and chemical storage, along with the mutagen vats.  However you briefly spotted what could be a cure during your time working here; at least the researchers referred to it as a 'fail safe' and kept it hidden in a back room.
      -Level 13, Computer mainframes-The entirety of the floor was devoted to Information storage for the facility, as well as some electronics and mechanics experiments that you know very little about.
      -Level 12-2,  Various other less deadly projects, notable ones are 'Target Bioweapons', 'The Ultimate Steroid' as well as the bio-technical bionics facility on floor 9.

Your basic knowledge would allow you to use some of the beneficial ones on yourself if you could escape with them, or at least let you sell them to the highest bidder.  By the same aspect you know how to handle the smaller specimens and the deadly projects so if you managed to survive your escape and return to humanity you'd at least not be empty handed.  Shuddering to yourself momentarily you remember that at least half of the human specimens for the mutagen project were contagious and you've got no sort of bio-suit on hand.   There is also the aspect of your colleges, some of them you were quite fond for and they may be in trouble.  Since you do half to go across the entire facility, you could skip stealing any research and instead look for some of them.  What do you do?

Character:
Nom nom nom

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mutagen:A Suggestion Game:Act One:Decisions
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 04:08:33 pm »

First things first get to somewhere that is safer than our current location. If possible grab something to use as a weapon and things that are light but valuable.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 04:26:25 pm »

PTW
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 04:54:20 pm »

First things first get to somewhere that is safer than our current location. If possible grab something to use as a weapon and things that are light but valuable.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 05:03:09 pm »

+1
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Planar Stalker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 05:12:50 pm »

Grab the USB drives (they can be used to download some research data later, if an opportynity will present itself) and any kind of keys. Then (if possible) any kind of light source (even a smartphone) and/or recording device (just in case) and anything that can be used as a weapon (as in the post above). Then head somewhere safer.
Brute force can sometimes knock down a locked door, but knowledge is a skeleton key.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »

On the Run
    Deciding that it's not all that much to carry, you pocket the USB's before searching your room for some sort of weapon.  Since the only other moveable thing in your room was your chair, you smash it upon the floor and pull off one of the legs to use as a weapon.  Armed with the two foot long piece of wood you slowly crack your door open and glance outside.  The hallway is a mess of long tears in the walls and scratches on the floor as though someone drove a vehicle that only barely fit through it.  The warning lights continue their ominous blue blinking signalling the general alert as you look for the source of the noise.  Seeing a couple of the other rooms have their doors cracked open you slide slowly out and shut yours.  Just as you get into the open hallway the shouting for help cuts off with a crash and one of the nearby rooms doors appears to be slammed closed by something hitting it from the inside. 
     You aren't sure if you are just imagining it but you think you hear something chewing in the room, and you turn to sprint down the hallway.  Reaching the doors at the end of the living wing you see some bodies laying prone in the hallway, though directly across from your door is the entrance to the small specimen holding facilities and past that a clear shot to the stairs.  Worrying that you've not actually seen anything living yet, you glance down the hallway to the right where the elevators are, it's a long corridor with other doors leading to it and there appears to be a few dead or badly injured scientists laying in the way.  At the end of what would be a quick run, you can see the elevator doors hanging open as though someone else had gone into the access shaft. 
      Alexandre rests at the junction, ahead of him the specimen holding area between him and the main staircase, to the right a hallway leading to the elevator access shafts and to the left more living quarters and holding cells.

Character:
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2