Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37591 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2014, 05:30:11 pm »

[BE(S)TA]

"Unto the breach, faithless cowards! Show your worth with your swords and your will!"

Screaming a mantra of Arnum (They're all tongue-twisters, by the way) Thales leaps into the air, beating his wings once, then dives into the well, sword whirling about his head in a two-handed cleave and wings lashing out to ensnare unwary heretics.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:26 am »

[BETA]

Jewel chuckled at the hasty angel, reaffirming his grip on his pick and shield as he shot a meaningful glance and nod at Rurail. "Tactic?" He held up a few fingers, counting off with then as if to list options, silently inquiring of his friend how they wish to assault.

Leaving the choice to his friend, the elemental clambered into the hole and charged the closest undead that wasn't being harassed by Thales.

His mind shifted gears as he paced out the next few moves in his head, mentally picturing the field as if a game of chess. He saw himself charge into a shield bash, follow up with a body blow with his pick, then block or adjust for the inevitable retaliation.

The elemental grumbled mentally to himself about fighting a foe he wasn't sure of their combat style. Would it swipe at him, or use magic? Jewel mentally adjusted the plan to keep pressing if it seemed magic was being worked.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:03:58 am by Xanmyral »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #602 on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:49 pm »

Beta
Rurail had no sooner re-entered the room when Blue opened the fountain.
The angel charged in almost immediately.
Remembering the death-stench from before, Rurail glances around for the nearest holy-looking polearm within easy grabbing distance, shrugs to jewel before the rockman drops into the hole, grabs said weapon and follows suit- positioning himself near Jewel upon landing.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:37:33 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:05 pm »

Daethwin sighed, but stretched a little as everyone else prepared too. Walking over to the edge of the hole, he eyed it with distaste. Rather than entering, he reached into his pack and pulled out a small viola, sitting cross-legged in front of the hole, though ready to bolt at a moment's notice. He tuned it swiftly; an advantage of being so very musically inclined as he was meant that he could do so within a few seconds, considering that almost any bard worth half a coin had perfect pitch, and this one was no exception. A hundred songs running through his head, the bard mused over his options.

Considering the creatures before him, he picked out a few and began to play. The music, as it began to echo through the chamber, harmonizing with itself even before he opened his mouth and began to sing. weaving them into a starkly contrasting melody that combined funereal dirge with songs more fit to be heard at a summer festival. The first part, he played to the servitors. Calming, soothing, relaxing...songs to bring them closer to their final rest, the peace that awaits those who have been pulled from their blessed relief in the afterlife when they have finally been put down. Perhaps it might convince a few of them to stave off their attack, long enough to gain an advantage and let them fall to their deserved peace. He hoped it was deserved, anyway.

The other half of the song, he wrapped around his, errr...'friend', Thales. The angelkin would almost certainly have a connection to light in the first place, so he should make a good conduit through to the physical world, as his sword, face, and body in general began to glow brightly with a golden light. The sunlight would bloom outwards from the angelkin, not obstructing him, nor blinding Daethwin's allies, but giving illumination and, hopefully, subduing or destroying the undead creatures they had to fight now.

Even with all this going on, he still managed to try and keep something prepared to counter and disrupt anything the servitors might cast; it was unlikely they could all cast spells, but if they were as powerful as they looked, it was far from impossible.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 30, 2014, 06:32:31 pm »

[BETA]

Sylvari switches to Rage, and charges into the breach swinging his sword wildly.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2014, 11:31:27 am »

[Alpha]

Myrln cricked his neck at the rather interesting sight, and addressed the merchant and his family, who happened to be standing near him in the market district they were frequenting.

See that? he says, pointing to the crash site. That's where we'll find my erstwhile compatriots. Maybe the more responsible ones can remind me what exactly we were doing in this town, don't you think? It was something. Let's be off! he calls, already clambering up the side of a building, leaving the merchant and his family to find their way on the streets while he moved in a fashion that could almost be called skating over the rooftops.

Myrln roofskates to the crash site, leaving his pets to walk there.

((Yeeeeeeeeeessssss.))
((Wait - what colour is my dialogue? It's been so long I don't remember!))
[Alpha]
"Come along my students and 'friends'! We have to harve-help those poor, poor people!"
AWAY WE GO.

[Alpha Party | Crash Site ]

By sheer coincidence, not only did the two remaining active Alpha Party members run into each other, but the surviving Party NPC's who lead the small little army Alpha had gathered all met there. So did a certain Fire Giant, who, aside from having a mangled half-hand and assorted contusions, scrapes, assorted pointy bits, and a flamingly pissed expression on his face, was fine.

"FUUUUUUUUCK! MAY THE GODS PISS ON THE LIMP CORPSES OF THE ASSHOLE WHO SUMMONED THE STORM-"

*several minute stream of profanity in more languages than you would expect him to know*

"...and their little dog! Right. Oy. You lot standing there, looking kind of impressed: I have a drunk friend named Renn. Told me to look for a midget, a skeleton, a faerie, and some other people. You lot look like skeleton and a faerie, so you'll do. Message for you."

He cleared his throat. Rubble fell from nearby buildings.

"A cabal of Elves and assorted Evil demon and angel kin are behind everything that has been happening. No specific divine backer; as far as we're aware, the mastermind is an Outsider acting through others. The leaders of the cabal are laying siege to a human city so as to finish the ritual to summon the Outsider through mass sacrifice."

He looked around the ruins of Garrison Springs.

"It looks as though you have accomplished the job here. Nice job breaking it, heroes! So. Renn asked me to ask you to kindly come along with me, join the emergency party we sent to handle the situation, and stop the pointy-eared little bastards from tearing this reality a new one. Because, that would probably be bad, that. In case you didn't know. There's a whole four days left until it happens. If we start today on the airship, you lot can make it at zero hour if the winds are good. Any questions?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2014, 11:37:42 am »

[ALPHA]

Morgred looks to the airship.

Bring me ghouls and corpses. Lots of them.

Direct the apprentices to find raw materials to necro-ise the airship. Make sure to bless it in the name of... The death god I worship. Can't remember the name right now. Also, find some impressionable children.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »

Who's Renn? Anyhow, let's go. You've room for my companions on board? he says, pointing to the merchant and his family.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 09, 2014, 06:56:57 pm »

"And then some. You're looking at the remainder of my fleet. Everyone else is dead. "

He indicated the remaining Giants, who numbered less than fifteen (it was hard to count, given that they moved around).

"We're throwing in with you lot. So, your companions are our companions. "

Greg still didn't sound happy. It was with obvious reluctance that he cast aside the freedom of the skies to join with height-impaired dirtsuckers, but what else was there for a maimed Fire Giant captain whose entire fortune, friends, and family were currently spread across a few hundred square miles?

"Oy. Bone man. Bone girl. Whatever you are. I don't know what you think you're doing with those ghouls, but you look competent. I can't really pay you, but I do have some dead bodies you can use. Preferably, as part of the ship, but beggars can't be choosers, can they?  "

He looked vaguely disgusted, although Morgrod would (likely) understand it as" somehow, this is the least terrible option. "

While the Drall were the most cold-blooded practical race out there, Fire Giants weren't too far behind.

"I'll wait for a while to answer your questions and wait for anyone else to arrive. Ask away, heroes.  "

A bitter chuckle.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 09, 2014, 07:30:59 pm »

Lelia

I walk up from the devastated city, and look around at the airship, fire giants, ghouls, and so on.
there's no point in trying to talk to anyone, and if I just walk on board with everyone else, nobody will notice or care.
and so I walk over to the group, sit down, wait, and listen.
I wonder if anyone is alert enough to notice I'm here
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 09, 2014, 08:12:31 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party
Telcontar walks out of the ruin surrounding the crash site, looking just about as usual --grim, rugged, and appearing mildly annoyed with something-- with a hint of suppressed anger simmering beneath.
Saving the world? Sounds like a plan, seeing as how my contract just expired. Literally, because I was supposed to kill someone, who died in the storm. However, I will still be collecting the bounty, so, I guess all is not lost. But first, before anything else, I must ask...
At this point, he gets visibly perturbed, looking like he's just been attacked by some incompetent highwaymen or something.
Why, oh why, did you people destroy a CITY???

Walk towards airship, demand answers, survey surrounding area and memorize the look of the area, the airship, and most of all the people.
((Coloring fixed, thanks for the welcome. Except for YOU, Xantalos.))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:58:47 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 09, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »

Myrln struts up to the newcomer and moves to cheerfully slap him across the face.

Cheer up, glum man! And don't speak disrespectfully of the gods, they did all the work.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:42:53 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 10, 2014, 04:19:14 am »

[Morgrod/Morgred | Alpha Party]
Morgrod tips it's hat ((Didn't I get an awesome pirate hat, like ages ago?)) and skips off to work, looking disturbing similar to a little schoolgirl getting all excited over ponies.
Hee hee, interesting... Oh hello!
It turns to the newcomer.
So what can you do? Anything fun? We had an angelborn at one point, and wasn't there a priest of Darshendros and a dancing girl? Hey fairy-boy, whatever happened to them - wait a sec.
Suddenly feeling inspired, it folds up a droopy conical hat of skin and sticks it on Myrln's head. It then rips the soul out of a nearby ghoul and fashions it dainty little fairy wings from muscle fibres, binding it to hover around Myrln's head like a blue-tinged winged lightbulb. A burst of slightly chaotic magic powered by it's imagination colours all of Myrln's clothing forest green.
Sorry, got distracted, who are you again?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 10, 2014, 12:04:01 pm »

Alpha Party | Plotting Gruesome Retribution

As you can see, we're in a bit of a hurry, so if you'll just come aboard we can be off.
Myrln grins charmingly, his new decorations turning various colors.

Oh and Morgrod, I've no idea what happened to them. The angel born ascended, I know, I heard that from the others, but I think I left them somewhere. Who knows.
Sig! Onol

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 10, 2014, 03:17:09 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party
((Edited with OOC-gained knowledge))

Telcontar deflects the slap with a small burst of telekinetic energy, a reaction honed by years in the field, then consciously carries it further, nearly breaking Myrln's wrist, but stopping before the critical point.
No.

He walks over to the airship, mumbling to himself about the recent....additions.
What kind of flying graveyard is this?

Walking into the airship, he notices the girl sitting outside, an old soldier's habit of his--always notice everything, and nothing will ever surprise you-- and greets her.
Hello. You part of this crazy adventure too?

Cause pain Enjoy causing pain to Myrln. Laugh at damaged wrist. Greet girl in ship.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:26:19 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47