Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37605 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #585 on: July 17, 2014, 11:32:35 pm »

Daethwin accepted the proffered coin, nodding amiably to Jewel as he inspected it closely, looking around all the sides, edges, feeling it to see what texture it had, flipping it a couple times to see if that accomplished anything, rubbing it between his fingers with force to test it for magic that might be activated that way...and finally, he sighed, and hummed softly to himself, the acoustics of the chamber causing it to reverberate and echo strangely, all of it seeming to focus back, eventually, on Daethwin and the coin he held in particular.

"#That's a pretty damn nice looking pick[Combat; Black Silver?], by the way. I think I might recognize the type of coin[Unknown System] this is, but I'm not too sure. It's faded, and while I'm not an expert with metal[Smelted; Alloys], I don't think it's the right type.#"

While he spoke, his magic worked, not giving him sight of auras, per se; that was not how Daethwin's magic worked. But rather, it made it so the coin sounded magical. Almost like an auditory aura, instead.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #586 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:21 am »

[To Blue]
"Small magic.-"
He pauses, thinking of the best wording, before displaying what very few people would recognize as a smirk-
He continued, ready for an interruption.
"[common]Auric,[/common] body, small [common]Alchemy[/common], mix"
"Teach yes(!)"
with an interested nod.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 22, 2014, 01:57:34 am »

Jewel watched Daethwin contemplate the coin and try to figure it out, letting the bard to his work. Magic has never really been a thing that interested Jewel that much, a mixture of not considering himself to have a head for it and finding more comfort in well wrought metal. On that note, he was more than happy to talk about the pick.

"#Indeed! It is a glorious weapon[Pick], far better than my old. I'm eager to see it in action.#" The elemental agreed with the bard, patting the head of the pick contently. "#If the coin[Unknown System; (insert applicable metal)] was found next to the pick[Combat; Exceeding Quality; Black Silver], it must be important.#" The elemental reasoned, it seemed easy enough for him to figure that at least. Perhaps a luck token? With how suitable their find were, he's no doubt it must be something beneficial, or at least important, even if its use may not be obvious.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 27, 2014, 01:04:45 pm »

Blue nodded the universal yes, tilted his head to the side a bit, then spoke.

"Power here - " he thumped his chest twice over his heart,  " here, here, same. All power, from-world. " In order, he tapped his forehead, passed a hand over his body, and twirled his fingers around with world.  "One here, one here, one you - power. Safe.  Alchemy no Alchemy."    Again, heart and body.

Translation:

"All power is One, from the world. If you want to combine power, I recommend one part of one power to one part of the oother, with your personal energy to bind it safely.  Like Alchemy, but not. "   

He would then grab a basin and fill it with conjured water, and slowly proceed to demonstrate the process.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:06:32 pm by Ross Vernal »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #589 on: July 27, 2014, 06:06:51 pm »

Rurail watches intently, memorizing the hand motions & arm movements, trying to sense how much power is imbued and at what rate.
Once Blue had finished his demonstration, Rurail would attempt to mimic it with his waterskin-

Taking a few seconds to sense & collect the energy drifting out of and around himself, he'd focus it, weaving disparate sources together and folding the dense conglomeration into the water. A few seconds of intense concentration and a draining sensation yielded to a warmth happily tingling away in his palms and fingertips; the lack of a backfire gave him the impression he'd pulled it off. A small sip (followed by a big swig) would confirm it.
A wide swing of his head from side to side, and then a second-long look into Blue's eyes before a deferential bowing of his head in thanks.
Looking back up, "Thank you good man."
Holding out his hand, "I Rurail."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:41:19 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 11, 2014, 09:16:15 pm »

Blue would return the offer of a hand, step closer, and murmur "Naraldin. "

After letting go and standing back, he would address the group as a whole and speak twice - first in Tradespeak, then in his previous language :

" Many dead. Open, kill. Not elf. "

" If you want to destroy the Dead below, you are free to do so. We dispose of our dead in other fashion. Divine will be done. "

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:00 pm »

"#Hmmmm...oh, I see. It's a Water[?Adjective?] Coin[Unique, Non-Currency]. Pop it in your mouth, suck on it, you can breath underwater. Might work for poison gases, too, but I wouldn't try it. It'll take some getting used to, I think, though.#"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #592 on: August 17, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »

After Blue finished talking, Rurail would remember the freshly-opened treasure room, and make his way there.
Only one item on the pedestal, but it was pleasing to the eye- an oval shield about 2 feet wide & 1 & a half feet tall, with alternating bands & waves of silver & black.
Prominently featured in the center was some kind of clear glass gem, 5.5 inches long & set on it's side, surrounded by orderly coils of jet-black metal snakes. Around it rose six low geometric studs, each of which sporting their own black snakes. The studs had clear black hexagonal centers an inch or two wide, the color similiar to the main gem, while the surrounding half-inch facets glittered faintly.
Just above the rounded lip of the shield, slightly confused due to the color & texture of the metal, intricate patterns & geometric engravings danced their way around the shield, interlaced with two embossed damascus snakes which coiled loosely around each of the studs in-turn.
Rurail picks it up to inspect the gems & carvings, feels the heft, but then places it back down on the pedestal. He unslings his shield & leaves the chamber-
He'll leave his old shield in the main room before returning to claim the new piece of equipment.

Re-entering the chamber, Rurail dons the shield properly, slipping his forearm through the solid metal band and interlacing his fingers with 3 of the 4 leather hand-bands. It was made for a five-fingered species, each of the bands looping around a finger to leave the palm open. Convenient.
And then the shield shifted.
The gemstones sank into the metal to re-appear on the underside, the lip of shield near his hand came back to allow wider wrist movement, the snakes disappeared into the fold but the geometric patterns spread and consolidated, covering the shield but becoming less complex. The center became somewhat thicker than the edges.
Holding the shield up as if to block a hail of arrows, the shield changed again, becoming round and then much more ovoid as its upper and lower lips extended another foot & a half in their respective directions, the metal thinning as it expanded.
Again thinking of his weapon, again the shield changed. The crystals remained on the underside. Hm.
He also felt a slight warming sensation from the shield, some sort of magic, though he didn't know what.

He heads back out into the lobby.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:26:32 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 17, 2014, 10:11:00 pm »

Thales would take a stance near the well and flourish his new implement of justice, wings spreading to highlight his shining figure. Beneath the full-face helm, he smiles.

"Let the heathen spirits be purged."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 18, 2014, 12:41:50 am »

Jewel took the coin back and inspected it, nodding to the bard. "#Many thanks, friend[Non-Dwarf; non-clan; formal], this will assuredly be handy if we encounter some... Water[large quantity; informal deep depth].#" The elemental thanked him, albeit pausing at the end slightly.

"#Seems we're to have a fight[Lethal; squad-sized] right soon though, best get ready.#" He finished, a cheek splitting grin lighting up his face at the thought of some excitement, covering his face with his warmask and bringing out his new weapon and old shield.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 18, 2014, 12:47:29 am »

Sylvari swings his new sword around, getting a feel of it's weight and speed.

"Alright, then."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:54 am »

Blue would promptly rotate the fountain to the blue mirror

(click!)

and then, using a fine, chromium-plated eight-sided blade, neatly leveraged the  manhole open. As smoke began to emerge, he uttered a single Syllable. A small, white-hot desert hawk let out a shriek and dove into the hole. After a muffled explosion and a flash of light, Blue would wave the others towards the ladder.

"Down. Before dead take. "

He waved at the magic items nearby.

Inside the death hole, a baker's dozen Servitors milled about in a blind, irritated fashion.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2014, 09:16:25 am »

******PIME TARADOX******

[Alpha Party  | Garrison Springs | One Day In The Future, Midday, Stormy]

As it turned out, unexpected major storms in dry areas lead to flash floods, mudslides, and, of course, lighting fires. Myrlin would obv iously note that the storm did not occur naturally, and depending on the alignment of characters, would either help, sit back and do nothing, or "surreptitiously gather corpses for horrifying, vile magic."

It was roughly the middle of the day when a sudden sight in the sky would draw attention: a flaming Giant airship, held together by ropes and strategically placed Giants physically holding the ship together.

Also :

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

With the sudden assault on the senses, everyone in Alpha Party would be aware of the impending crash.....

CRASH SNAP CRUNCH BAAAAAAM THUNDER CRACK!

.... Actual crash, and would be vaguely aware that their "Detect Plot"  sense was tingling.

[As both parties are in play, please preface your posts with [Alpha]  or  [Beta].]

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2014, 10:27:44 am »

((Yeeeeeeeeeessssss.))
((Wait - what colour is my dialogue? It's been so long I don't remember!))
[Alpha]
"Come along my students and 'friends'! We have to harve-help those poor, poor people!"
AWAY WE GO.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2014, 03:03:35 pm »

[Alpha]

Myrln cricked his neck at the rather interesting sight, and addressed the merchant and his family, who happened to be standing near him in the market district they were frequenting.

See that? he says, pointing to the crash site. That's where we'll find my erstwhile compatriots. Maybe the more responsible ones can remind me what exactly we were doing in this town, don't you think? It was something. Let's be off! he calls, already clambering up the side of a building, leaving the merchant and his family to find their way on the streets while he moved in a fashion that could almost be called skating over the rooftops.

Myrln roofskates to the crash site, leaving his pets to walk there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47