Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37595 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #615 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:54 pm »

Lelia, Alpha Party

Hmm? So someone did notice me, nice!
I nod up and down three times, stand up and perform a small curtsey, then tilt my head to one side.
lets see if I can open up a dialog...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 13, 2014, 01:31:20 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party

Utterly confused, Telcontar thinks for a moment on what to do, how to respond.
There's always niceties, I guess, he thinks, as he gives a small bow.
Greetings to you too. Not to be rude, but may I ask why you don't speak? Are you mute? He says, thinking hard.
Well, I hope not, or this might get hard... Thinks Telcontar, hoping that she just doesn't like to talk.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:33:51 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2014, 01:46:44 pm »

"Ḩ͢҉͞è̢̕͢ņ̷̵͜͝ẁ̡͠ ҉̛̀͘͏I̢͘ ͢͞t̶̢͞͝͝l̶̀̕͟a̕k͟͢ ̴͝͠i̢̕t̸́̕͢ ҉̶s̕͏̴̡s̛͟ù̡̢͠d̶̴͜͝n̵͠o̴͏̛ ̡̛̕͞e̵̕͘k̴̛i҉̛̀͢͡l̸̛ ̵̛́͢h̡̢͟͞i̶̛ś͘͠ţ̵́͜"
I then shrug, point at him, and tilt my head to one side again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2014, 02:24:28 pm »

Beta:

The Servitors milled about, their visual sense impaired by the assault of light. The explosion of the desert bird was followed by the literal assault of Thales. Wings gleaming with reflected flame as he leapt, the angelborn heretic plummeted to the ground and at the last possible moment, a beat of his mighty wings propelled him to killing distance. With a quick, powerful motion, Thales brought the weapon through the "head" manifestation of one of the Servitors, and followed through with a twisting motion that chopped through another with his wings. The nearly bisected man-shaped servitor and the dark hemispheres of the other kill fell to the ground as the third Servitor whipped through the air and englobed Thales' face, right in the middle of his breath, sending deep throbbing pain through his chest and an entirely unappreciated dragging of his soul closer to Death. Despite his fury and bloodlust, Thales was quite intelligent enough to not wildly swing his sword at his face, and started flipping through his Arnum-blessed spells when two things happened at the same time.

Daethwin began to sing, and the rest of the party made its appearance down below. Light began to shine from Thales; soft at first, but then harder and warmer, like the perfect summer's day heat next to the bank of a snow-fed river. To the party (and Thales especially) it was a pleasant feeling; to the Servitor trying to drain Thales dry from the inside, it was akin to feeling the backwash from a blowtorch. It arched away, and Thales would snap a wingtip at it, catching the Servitor in the flank and causing some unpleasant, tarry ichor to leak from its side as it fled. The dead Servitors, who had crumbled to dust and ashes, had their leavings fly into the air, making the rays of light emanating from the Angelborn all the more obvious.

As Thales stepped back from the front line to inhale sweet, sweet air again, Jewel would rush past by several feet, leading with the shield towards a tripodal, pyramid-shaped Servitor. After bearing down, Jewel threw out his arm and SMASHED the Servitor, sending it careening off to the side. Rurail, about a second behind, would step up at precisely the wrong moment: as the Servitor shot zig-zagging, smoky tentacles towards Jewel, Rurail stepped into the exact spot it was headed towards. They'd hit him like a triple blade to the side, followed immediately by a disturbing, dead, creeping numbness.

The only sound that came from Rurail was a smacking/tearing sound from the wound coming in. Another Servitor, emboldened by the success of its companion, swooped in towards the duo, hoping to prey on the wounded one. It caught the tip of Rurail's Holy spear through the midsection, and the fishman would deftly pin the Servitor to the ground for Jewel to bounce the hammer end off of the part of the Servitor oozing away from the fighters. With a sigh, the Servitor returned to the dust and ash from which it came.

The two brought their weapons back up to bear with near circular motions, remaining about a half-step apart for optimal manueverability. As Sylvari whirled his weapon about and grew enraged, Rurail and Jewel would, without looking, step directly away from each other, allowing the berserker to proceed through the lines. Sylvari would abandon technique and fall on killer instinct, swinging his weapon around with a feral snarl. It was brutal and primal, with Sylvari twisting and shoving through a tangle of attacks to chop off the offending limbs/organs. Surprisingly, despite several near misses, the warrior took no damage, the frantic waving and stabbing of his blade keeping the attacks from him.

Not ones to leave their companion way ahead to take hits, Jewel and Rurail would take a measured advance, feinting at the Servitors. One manifested as a snake-like creature and flew towards Jewel, black fangs gleaming with venom. Without breaking stride, the rockman would introduce the pointy end of his new weapon into the Servitor-snake's head, dusting the creature before its upper body could even hit the floor.

A Servitor, just outside the edge of the fighting, would start putting out the Call - a slow but rhythmic drumming that Daethwin's trained ears (and sense of the THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE KNOWN) would translate as "summoning attempt." Naturally, there was only one thing to do in order to the call: a response. His voice would compete with and subvert the Call, diverting the energy from its intended purpose into a channel of Daeth's own choosing. Had he slightly more time or skill, the bard would have diverted the energy into himself or his companions, or allowed the summons to continue but under his guidance; as it was, Daethwin settled for simply allowing the energies to dissolve.

Another slipped past the front lines to attack Thales, slashing out at him. Despite the fact that Thales wasn't able to retreat further, his armor saved him from damage. With his breath fully caught, the following attack was neatly parried to the left side as he used the flat of his blade to divert the blow into the wall, halfway pinning the Servitor. If Thales were to press his opportunity in the following round, the Servitor would likely die, as it was at a serious disadvantage.

Meanwhile, the advancing line would overtake Sylvari. Rurail would use the superior reach of his spear to knock aside blows, although his jabs towards the opponent were met with equal failure. This series of feints and parries would continue until the Servitor fully committed to an attack, its own spear-like protrusion arrowing towards Rurail's wounded side, only to be smacked aside again. A thrust, parry and counter; and then Rurail saw the opportunity. With a powerful lunge, the fishman would thrust the weapon into the middle of his opponent. As it dusted, he would see an opening, and would quickly pull with his lead and push with his rear hand, slamming the butt end into an errant Servitor. Adrenaline pounding, he would turn and thrust out at another Servitor, who would narrowly dodge thanks to the Servitor who had been hit throwing a decently-sized rock at Rurail's upper leg, giving him a wicked bruise and throwing off his stride just enough to make the difference.

Sylvari would take the opportunity to make one last swing, allowing Rurail to make a quick, slightly-hobbled retreat towards Jewel and Sylvari, closing the gap between the surviving Servitors and the one Thales had trapped.

Daeth: Full HP, 10 MP spent so far
Sylvari: 5 MP spent
Thales: 12 HP damage and 11 MP damage.
Jewel: Nothing
Rurail: 14 HP damage and 9 MP damage.

Surviving enemies:
A-2: Wounded (Trapped by Thales, +3 circumstance bonus to-hit)
A-4: Nearly Dead
B-1: Healthy
B-2: Healthy
B-3: Healthy

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2014, 02:30:53 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party

Hearing this, all Telcontar can think is,
That just happened...
He looks confused and sorry for Lelia, as he says,
Well...I can see your mouth moving, and hear your voice in the pattern of one of the languages of the world...but the sounds are twisted, and your mouth is moving as if you're not speaking either the language that I'm speaking, or making the sounds I'm hearing, which is...unusual. I feel sorry for you.
Telcontar now understands just why she doesn't talk a lot...but not why she is hard to see at first, and constantly seems to be part of the background, not important, not noticeable...and he always sees people, marking them as either friend or foe, it's his means of staying alive in a fight--he never misses people, especially people who aren't obvious, because if the person is concealed, then the weapon usually is, too. He is now somewhat worried about what is happening, and what he's stepped into.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2014, 02:43:53 pm »

[Beta Party, somewhere deep within the heart of heresy]

The enemy trapped by the flat of his blade, Thales would step forward, freeing one hand and using the momentum to smash the back of his gauntlet into the Servitor's head. As the blow rung home it would flare with a blindingly white light.

"In the name of Arnum, lord of truth, master of magic, I banish you, foul spirit!"

He would then whip his blade up, reasserting his grip as it flew, and bring it around in a chest-height slash, a leap and a beat of his wings helping him to quickly close the distance with the remaining servitors, shouting a mantra of purification.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 13, 2014, 03:02:33 pm »

Lelia, Alpha party

Telcontar, Alpha PartyWell...I can see your mouth moving, and hear your voice in the pattern of one of the languages of the world...but the sounds are twisted, and your mouth is moving as if you're not speaking either the language that I'm speaking, or making the sounds I'm hearing, which is...unusual. I feel sorry for you.
I shrug again, then, emphatically, point at him, then while slightly bobbing my head, rotate my hands about each other. after about a second of this, i stop and hold my hands, palms tilted halfway up and facing each other, in front of me. still waiting for an answer to my question.
Please figure it out...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 13, 2014, 04:05:19 pm »

[BETA | ONE MAN SHIELD WALL]

The rockman scowled venomously behind his warmask towards the enemies, any amusement of the fight having left the man at seeing his friend be wounded. His body shifted slightly as he tensed, plates bristling and the soft clatter of stone tags carved with dwarven lettering tinkling against the metal, each clatter emboldening and hardening the elemental. If he had been a moment quicker, maybe he could of intercepted those blows and taken them himself, his rocky hide can take it. No more.

With a loud clang, Jewel stomped his rearward sabaton onto the stony ground positioned his shield in front of himself defiantly, placing himself between Rurail and the enemies. With a flick of his wrist, dust and ash scattered from the ground and his weapon, the elemental holding it low and ready. A gesture of aggression to some, perhaps of anxiety or nervousness and defiance, but to the pair it had a meaning: it was a signal.

His mind whirled with images, of Jewel blocking and intercepting any assaults towards Rurail, assaulting any that get within striking distance, even possibly latching onto an offending weapon with a gauntlet clad hand and yanking them forward to get close and personal with them, but above all trying to work in-synch with his compatriot. All the while advancing steadily and relentlessly, pressing them further in and presenting to them only the immovable object that is Jewel, denying them access past or through him, either away or to Rurail.

"We go."

Let them come. Let them smash themselves upon his walls and be crushed.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #623 on: September 13, 2014, 04:32:51 pm »

Beta-Rurail

With an acknowledging Grunt, Rurail would assume his position behind Jewel.

He didn't need to be told to stick behind, and would only do more than uncommitted, glancing pokes over the top or around the sides of Jewel if some truly-dire happenstance took place with one of his friends.

He tries to keep his shield close to his deadened side, his breath not quite full, almost painful if he were to be closely inspected.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 14, 2014, 03:21:31 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party

Telcontar, for one of the few times in his life, is utterly lost for words or thought, looking about as lost as one can be.
Aw shoot.... Analyzing her gestures again, somewhat aware of the awkward, lengthening silence, he finally thinks he gets it.
OK, she's used to this, had it for a while, it looks like she's trying to communicate something about me, maybe a request, so, what would be logical in this situation.... Finally, a look of "No duh" and understanding crosses his face, and he replies, as much as you can reply to someone who still hasn't spoken, to Lelia the girl who's name he still doesn't know.
Are you asking my name? It's Telcontar. Well, I don't know of any way for you to communicate your name...any ideas of your own? Now he simply looks as if he has found an interesting logic problem to solve....Of course, he doesn't know the full extent of this problem, at least not yet.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 14, 2014, 03:37:52 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party
Finally, a look of "No duh" and understanding crosses his face, and he replies
Are you asking my name? It's Telcontar.
I nod four times very rapidly and smile.
Well, I don't know of any way for you to communicate your name...any ideas of your own? Now he simply looks as if he has found an interesting logic problem to solve....
my smile fades and I nod twice slowly. I then reach under my cloak and get out a worn down nub of chalk. Then I proceed to scrawl... something... on side of the ship. After I'm done, I draw a line under it, and then below that make some space, then draw another line parallel to the first one and of equal length, then I draw an arrow from the mess above my first line to the very beginning of the second line, and finally I turn to Telcontar, and hand him the piece of chalk, then walk around behind him and gently push him towards the drawing.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 14, 2014, 03:58:16 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party

Telcontar doesn't even blink at this new mess before him, realizing that it's logical that she can't write to communicate if she can't speak...at least, not directly write to communicate. Taking the chalk, he thinks about her predicament.
Can't speak, can't write....but she wants me to copy that, I guess. Well, this is looking less and less natural as the goes on. Oh, who am I kidding, this was never natural to begin with.
You want me to copy this down here? Gesturing first at the incomprehensible mess before him, then the empty space, he begins copying it down, finishes, and blinks as what he's looking at is suddenly not two identical lines of scribble, but two different lines, one as he remembers, the new one, completely different...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 14, 2014, 04:05:20 pm »

|イ̸͟͢リ͡リ͟͝チ̡͡ニ̷̀̀
|       
vLelia

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2014, 04:17:30 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party

Ah, your name is Lelia, then. Nice name. How long has your life been like this?
((After a reply, if one is given))
Are you cursed? Your...predicament... is definitely not natural. And it seems more than a simple enchantment by mortal works.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 14, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »

Telcontar, Alpha Party

Ah, your name is Lelia, then. Nice name. How long has your life been like this?
I grab Telcontar's nearest hand with my left one at his wrist and hold it in front of me, then tap it with my right, then tap it again, and again, and again, and then let go.
Are you cursed? Your...predicament... is definitely not natural. And it seems more than a simple enchantment by mortal works.
I nod twice.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47