Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37560 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (IC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2013, 01:06:01 am »

"Where do you keep the booze on the boat?" Neun asked the Captain as he strode onto the ship. "I might have a need of some on the road."
Myrln turns around, a grin on his face.
I can offer you this, he says, proffering the vinegar, not telling him what it was.
*sniff*
"I'll wait until I'm in a bit more dire straits before I resort to whatever kind of rotgut that is." Neun said. "I think I'll do just fine with wine and rum, anyhow."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:28 am »

Myrln quickly hands the glass over to Neun.
"Hold that, please. It's champagne, you could have asked. *humph*"
He then hurries over to the now-fighting duo.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2013, 01:13:52 am »

"Well, it sure doesn't look like champange, or smell like it, or even taste like it!" Neun shouted as he took a sip.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2013, 01:15:32 am »

Renn would watch the fight. If it was a run-of-the-mill scrap that would result in bruises, then he'd stay the hell out of it.

If it devolved into a serious attempt to kill each other, he'd step in and bounce their skulls off of each other until they decided to play nice and leave the murdering attempts to passive-aggressive dickery like normal people. Assuming he could, at least.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2013, 01:16:23 am »

"Now now, gentlemen, why don't we calm down?"
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2013, 01:17:17 am »

Morgred growled as it used the agony touch on Zoah.
Shut up, fairy boy.

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2013, 01:19:44 am »

Zoah continued to walk towards the ship, but suddenly felt a strange surge of negative emotions. Insecurities and uncertainy began to bubble up to the surface of his mind. "Am I REALLY going with this group? I mean, shit, they're not even competent. I don't even know if I can whip them into shape...

Followed by much darker and buried feelings he had trained his whole life to suppress. I really don't want to die...

Then the angelborn stopped dead in his tracks as the pieces came together. He had a momentary flashback to the lich touching his chest.

"WAIT JUST A GODS DAMNED SECOND HERE."

Instantly the angelborn spun around and clenched his fists, anger exploding in his eyes. That piece of filth had already tried to poison his mind! They were supposed to be on the same side! Treachery of this level had to be paid! "Myrln, I am going to destroy that traitor! He cast a dark spell on my mind!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2013, 01:23:11 am »

Morgred chortled at the idiot's expression.
I warned you that I would push back. Now are you going to do what you're told, or do I need to get serious?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2013, 01:28:11 am »

Renn's only response to the hilarity was:

"Can you just be passive-aggressive and 'forget' to help each other in battle like reasonable people?"

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2013, 01:49:01 am »

[[This post is authorized by specific permission for me to do so by the player in question.]]

Myrln sighed and threw up his hands.

"With all due respect to both of you gentleman-" (doubtlessly the polite equivalent to "LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS") "-I said calm down."

He threw power into his glamour, sending waves of a pleasantly intoxicating calmness towards the both of them.

"This is not profitable to anyone. This is not going to gain any of us sponsors. For the love of the Gods, stop it before we tie you both to the nearest heavy object for the duration of the trip. Zoah, you're an honorable fellow. Be the bigger man and stand down. Morgred, if you keep baiting your party, it is likely to cause trust issues with the rest of us."

Another, heavy burst of glamour at the two of them.

"As much as it pains me to ask... please?"

This is not what I expected when I was elected leader, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why I did not expect exactly this outcome...

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2013, 02:04:55 am »

"He started this bloody war, and I'm gonna finish it... " Zoah's teeth gritted tightly and his expression was one of intense rage. The undeads laugh only spurred him forward. "I'm sure you're used to having poles rammed up your rotting asshole!" The angelborn pulled a small silvery metallic pole from his side, but before he could reveal what it was, a wave of peace rolled over him.

Every good emotion he had felt in the last ten years came to the surface, displacing all of his anger and rage. He found himself taking in a deep breath and revealing in the euphoria. "You're going to be hated by everyone, Morgred. You won't last long on your own." And with that, Zoah turned and walked back onto the ship.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2013, 02:36:51 am »

Fucking... hate... fairy... bitches...
Morgred ground out as it tried to fight the bastards magic.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2013, 11:55:32 am »

Myrln frowned and increased the intensity of his glamor on Morgred. Another wave of calm and suggestibility was sent toward the lich.
"Feel free to hate me on the boat, but for now we need you. Now step onto the boat ... please."
He grimaced. That was twice in only a few minutes that he'd been forced to do that.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2013, 07:25:31 pm »

Present Setting - The City of Freeport, once called the City of Free Men, has risen from a poor little port town of less than two hundred citizens to the bustling trade city that it is today. Over it's five-hundred year history, Freeport has continued to grow, expanding outwards and taking control of the desert surrounding it as it did. Nowadays, it is considered a place where people dream to live. Being what many consider a neutral city, Freeport has enjoyed unhindered prosperity, even during the wars that are waged across the Atnam Sea. At least, until recently... People of all races and professions call this city home, and many more pass through this city on a daily basis with ships traveling between the various islands, all returning back to Freeport at some point in their journeys. Most of the population is human, estimated at being about 50 to 60% of the total population being human of one sort or another. The rest are half-elves, making up 30 to 35% of the population, with the remaining amount being various races of Fae, otherkin, and elementals.

Relative Timing/Location - It is several days after the fracas on the dock. It is mid-day.

Notable NPC's - The Duke, The Captain Of The Guard, A Fence, The High Priest, Baelfire the Guild Representative

Other Details - There aren't many plants living in this environment, however there are a few, most notably a rare breed of cactus that has a fair taste to it and fruit that can sustain a grown man for an entire day. The plant has been grown in excess to provide enough fruit for the thousands of people that call Freeport home, and since the fruit keeps so well and works even when dried, a single harvest can last until the next. Several species of desert weeds and other species of cactus also grow near the city, with few being wanted inside the city walls save for a few. The city is not without dangers. Many creatures roam the vast desert, but a few specifically roam into the city to steal food and often kill younger citizens who can't defend themselves. The most dangerous among these creatures being the desert wolves, traveling in packs of four or more, they are often a match for even the toughest guards. However, if pups are found and caught, they are often used for breeding, and over a century of selective breeding has created a domesticated version of these fierce beasts.

During the trip, each member of the party would receive a dream/vision.

Neun: Neun's dream would involve him finding a lost, underground city on the side of a crumbling cliff. A deep drop below shows the red glare of magma. During his exploration of the city, he would encounter a wounded black dragon, which would consume him whole in a single snap of its jaws. He would abruptly wake up before he could be swallowed, feeling very warm. This feeling would fade into nothingness in moments.

Myrln: Myrln's dream would involve his wandering the grounds of a Sidhe sithen, covered in a thick layer of dried, grimy fluid. After navigating a path leading to the outside, he would hear a horn summoning the Wild Hunt, stirring deeply-held instincts in his mind to join the Hunt or be the object of the Hunt. Before any choice could be made, he would be impaled upon a lance, and wake up with the echo of pain through his ribs where he was stabbed, which would rapidly fade to nothing.

Tarana: Tarana's usual nightmare would be replaced one night by a vision of her standing before a Great Temple, filled with unfathomable white beings. After kneeling to honor the Eternal Star, she would feel compelled to walk to the altar in front. After arriving, she would light a candle, and then feel a Divine hammerblow to the back of her head, causing her to awaken with a ringing headache, which would rapidly fade to nothing.

Zoah: Zoah would stand alone on the battlefield, lost to the slaughter. After eliminating nearly a dozen armed enemies, he would encounter a man with electric blue eyes and a metallic coat, who would expertly counter his every move. After his weapon was sundered and a beautifully-timed stroke hamstrung him, he would look up to his killer to see a golden torque and an impassive expression on the face of Shin, before the war god disembowled him. Zoah would wake to a burning line of pain from collarbone to hipbone, which would rapidly fade to nothing.

Morgrod: Morgrod would find him/herself standing before a mighty river of blood, staring across the river at a tower made of bone. As the undead attempted to cross the river, a dark-skinned figure would appear before him with a boat, a hand extended for payment. Morgrod would attempt to find a coin, fail to do so, and be blasted into dust, returning to its usual state of awareness with an unfamiliar throbbing in its bones, which would quickly subside to the usual lack of sensation.

The party would be greeted by Baelfire, the local Guild representative. Or one of them, at least.  He'd have several draft horses hitched to carts, which would quickly be filled up with the party's goods.

"Welcome to the city of Freeport. I take it you've been briefed on the situation? Good. We honestly did not expect you for another day. The Duke sends his regards, and invites you to dine at his castle tonight. He would, of course, understand if you chose to get to work."

He'd give each of the party members a big smile, pass off the horses to the party, and wait for a response. It was his job to help them do their job, after all!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2013, 08:20:33 pm »

I vote to ditch the suckup and go get to work.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47