Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37602 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #570 on: July 03, 2014, 03:35:11 am »

Rurail walks over & nudges Jewel's shoulder, squats beside him to peer into the tomb under the fountain, &
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:37:50 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 03, 2014, 09:28:39 pm »

Jewel was still as the clicks and clacks of familiar machinery echo from the ground and all around him. When they halted and the mirror sunk into the floor, the elemental let out a pent in breath that had been held, slumping a little against the fountain as he didn't feel the need to fully prop up his weight.

The elemental held a dumb grin on his face when Rurail nudged him, the earthen man looking at his friend and grinned further as he reciprocated the gesture of comradely, laughing a little at the narrowly avoided situation. Jewel took in a deep breath in relief and he too looked at the narrow crack between the fountain and the floor with Rurail.

"Friend, reward self treasure. Danger no here, victory!" The elemental said to his friend as he nudged him back, gesturing to the treasure. "We look-search fountain after. Trap-danger fight no worry, treasure." Jewel continued, first pointing to the narrow opening and then poked the fountain, then pointed to the manhole and made a gesture of rotation. He followed up by patting his current mace at his side and gesturing to the opened red mirror, then to the almost opened manhole with a confident smile.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #572 on: July 06, 2014, 10:21:45 am »

Rurail follows the earthman's gestures, nods to him in understanding, and goes to inspect the goods.

But he makes a detour and addresses Blue,
"Strange water", he says questioningly, curious about it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:53:32 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 09, 2014, 11:23:29 pm »

Sylvari slides over to the treasure, checking the pile for any rare or valuable metals or materials.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 10, 2014, 08:07:38 pm »

Seeing his friend move on towards the sweet loot, Jewel stood up and affixed his gauntlet properly before staying true to his words and following the others to check it out. Maybe he can find a shiny new weapon?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 10, 2014, 08:21:15 pm »

Daethwin wandered slowly to one of the mirrors; the blue one.

What was behind it, he wondered....

The bard tapped it lightly, three times, observing it's reaction, before continuing towards the artifact-like trove of treasure that awaited them all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 17, 2014, 07:09:10 pm »

"Life Water. Clean magic, alchemy... Much use."

Blue clearly had to think about how to phrase that in tradespeak.

(It's Life Water. Cleaned with magic, alchemically potent.)

"Water, add magic. One hour, many cup. You spell? "

(Plain water, add magic. Takes about an hour for a gallon ; do you want me to teach you the spell?"

As far as the rest of the party, they would discover that, aside from  the historically significant stuff, in the middle of the room, on a slightly elevated pedestal, were several near-artifacts perfect for them all. A large sword giving off the subtle aura of dedication to a god (Arnum, specifically); a wicked - looking cavalry war pick made of what could only be black silver laying next to a coin with a square hole in the middle; a truly hideous pair of boots (purple and green scale, with traffic cone orange stitching) with dramatic points about a foot after the foot ended and nearly knee-high ; and, perhaps least inspiring of them all, a plain Grey sword. Jewel and Sylvari would immediately go "Ah-ha, grey steel." Lastly was a slightly tapered shield, the edges carefully rounded so as to indicate its aerodynamic (and hydrodynamic) properties.

It was obviously placed deliberately. Aside from Thales, everyone else was familiar enough with general religion to immediately give thanks to Eyilana and Ingram.

Unlike the red mirror, the blue mirror didn't strike back. Instead, it sounded like a thick door hiding a small room.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:11:53 pm by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:29 pm »

Thales would stride forward and, casting aside his temporary weapon and slinging his previous tool to his satchel, clasp the sword, swinging it lightly to feel its balance before kneeling before it.

"I should have known the heretics would be trying to keep His instruments of power hidden away, to deceive the faithful. In Arnum's name, I take up this sword and return it to the path of truth."

He would then sheathe the blade in the scabbard at his side and stride forward towards the exit. The time had come to face an enemy at last, one which would not hide away and use trickery to deny him the rites of purgation.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 17, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »

Jewel slowly strode towards the pedestals, his eyes locked onto the war-pick. The blackened metal shone, beckoning him. He picked it up gingerly, taking a look at its left profile and then rotating it in his hand to get a look at the other. It felt right in his hands, properly balanced and his grip sat snugly on the weapon as if it had been measured and adjusted for him.

The elemental investigated the coin next, trying to ascertain what exactly it did. For such a prestigious place, and such a grand weapon next to it, it had to be more than what it looked like. Before moving any further, the elemental dropped to a knee and rested the side of the warpick's head on it, the coin hovering over it held in his hand. The earthen man gave thanks to Eyilana for the well keeping of this place and its secrets, Ingram for the fortune shown to him this day, and, most reverently of all, the Mountain Mother for sheltering him and his allies from danger and guiding their fates to this place that lay in her earthen embrace.

Raising from his knee, Jewel had a silly, face-splitting grin and attached the pick to his belt near his barmace. While not as good, it was always often wise to carry a backup weapon. The coin however he kept in his palm to inspect further, but for now he turned to the group. He noted that Rurail wasn't among those inspecting their loot, and left the room to find him. He didn't need to move far.

He was about to prompt his friend towards the treasure but he saw that he was speaking with the elder, and left him be to instead inspect the fountain again, or would after seeing the angel continue on towards the exit. "#In a hurry, Thales of Aranis? My friend[Non-Dwarf; Honorary Clan Member; Informal] and I were thinking there may be more to the fountain[Not Stone] than this, there's hints of further machinery[Unknown Function]. Now that we found this equipment[Varied Type; Exceeding Quality], even if we're attacked by those things, I know we can take them.#"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:12:23 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 17, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »

(Dwarf)"Do you mean to say that they continue to hide sacred artifacts, that the first trap was but a ruse? Open that well and let me purge the heathen monsters for their lies!"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 17, 2014, 09:30:03 pm »

Sylvari stumbles onto the pedestal, eyeing the grey-steel sword, before lifting and inspecting it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 17, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »

Almost instantly, the weapon would tingle, and then Sylvari would be hit with a monster, brain - rending headache, rather as though a small cannon in his brain had fired his brain stem into his frontal lobes. Once, twice, three times ; the weapon would grow dark and the air around the blade would distort from heat.

The schism feeling would still be there, but different: it was as though the Killer was now his next door neighbor instead of his roommate. For the time being, the other personality would keep silent as it explored its new domain.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 17, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »

Daethwin meandered his way over to the pedestal and watched as the others picked up their items, waiting until everyone seemed to be distracted before picking up the boots, cringing slightly at their appearance, and looking inside them, putting his hand in to feel for anything unpleasant, and, finding nothing(hopefully), sitting down to try to them on, taking off his own rather care-worn boots. Sliding one foot in, he wiggled his toes to test the feel before taking a few experimental strides in them.

During this, he rose an eyebrow at the angel-born's rather careless tossing aside of a perfectly good, high-quality sword. Once he was finished testing the boots, he picked it up how he could, sliding it into it's scabbard and walking towards Jewel; he certainly couldn't make use of it, but maybe the elemental-kin could at least hold it for them?

"#Nice pick[Combat]; could you put this in your pack or something? I can't use it, but it should be worth some money if we sell it, if the fanatic[True Believer; Non-Derogatory] doesn't want to keep it.#"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:15:32 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:45 pm »

((what happens if he tosses the sword  :P))

Sylvari sheathes the sword, enjoying his new mental 'roominess'.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 17, 2014, 10:22:42 pm »

"#Perhaps they do hide yet more treasure[Unknown Kind and Worth], the machinery[Unknown Function] can still be worked with though I believe. The item[Miscellaneous] I entered into the fountain[Not Stone] had a notch on it, right now pointing to the Red Mirror. Something else may happen when it pointed to other mirrors. If you wish to fight the things, I suggest we all prepare first. No need for them to take us when we're not ready, after all. I suppose removing the item[Miscellaneous] would probably finish release them.#" The elemental pondered, considering that it perhaps works off of a sort of pressure plate of some kind perhaps? Inclined to only accept like stone, and with rotational degree most likely respected.

Jewel busied himself with inspecting the coin for now, with members still yet to pick up their items, turning it this way and that, flipping it, rolling it across the back of his hand (although it fell and clattered to the ground at the end), but finally sighed. Perhaps pushing some magic into it would elicit some response? He was never particularly good at that though... But he knows someone who is.

"#Friend[Non Dwarf; Non Clan; Formal], could you perhaps do me a favor[Non Committal; Trivial]? Among the pick[Combat; Exceeding Quality; Black Silver], I also found this coin[Unknown System; [insert metal type]]. I believe it to have some use, but I'm not that skilled in the way of such beyond what they teach at the guild[Non Dwarf; Non Mercantile; Current Member].#" The elemental presented the coin to the bard Daeth, hoping that maybe he could pinpoint its use more easily than himself.

"#I should also say, Rurail and I wish to continue prodding at the fountain[Not Stone], we believe there may yet still be things to its machinery[Unknown Function]. Thales of Aranis wishes to fight the creatures below as well.#" The earthen man added as an afterthought.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:37:03 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47