Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37588 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2013, 09:47:30 pm »

Oh how I love it when I have people to talk shop with. That fey is alright and pretty funny - do not tell him I said that - but the only bloke I can talk about work with really is (Neun? Dwarf? whatever).

Get making ghouls.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2013, 12:15:42 am »

(Alpha / Wherever Mor Is Ghouling)

"Why ghouls? I mean, yes, an individual has their preferences, but the way my grandfather taught me, it's best to go with a variety... of course, he dressed the blondes of his zombie horde in pink, so..."

The human guy was glad to talk shop.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:18:57 am by Ross Vernal »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 23, 2013, 01:38:56 am »

I find ghouls aethetically pleasing and easy to control. Not only that, but I can induce controlled Soulburn in them along with a few other useful things. All in all, basic ghouls are the best fit for me. Hm. You say your grandfather taught you?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 23, 2013, 01:03:32 pm »

(Alpha / Wherever Mor Is Ghouling)

" Yes. He was... mh. A leech witch. Used the True Magic to help with his cures. Oh, and he turned the executed prisoners into his undead servants. But soulburn, you say?"

A grin.

"That's... master level, at least. I still can't quite manage a Death Knight or Bonelord. I'm sure I'll learn from you. Not kissing your ads. Much."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 23, 2013, 08:43:57 pm »

A dry chuckle.
Trust me, once you figure out how to do it you'll kick yourself for missing something so obvious. Then you'll wonder how you ever managed without it...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #485 on: November 23, 2013, 08:58:45 pm »

[Beta]

Before he could even respond, the little explosion near the other party members would catch his attention-- Rurail would start to nod before turning at the commotion and going to investigate with some haste.
When he reaches daethwin,
"What happened?"

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:29:13 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 24, 2013, 12:30:58 am »

[Beta | Desert]

Daethwin screams into the sand, though the sound is muffled to the point that it sounds like humming. He comes up for air, eyes wide with pain, teeth clenched. SUNNUVABITCHTHATHURTHOSEFUCKERSARGHGODSDAMNIT! He thought, though no sound escaped his lips. He very calmly said instead, through tight lips, "One of you, get some ice please. Somehow."
He could feel the blisters forming on his scalp. He could hear the ones forming on his ear, and it made him want to vomit. He knew he was lucky, but he also knew that this hurt so fucking bad. And sand was probably going to get in there and infect it, and the sun didn't help either. Oh god, this hurt...but he couldn't scream. If he screamed out loud...who knew what might happen? Music was magic, and when you get that loud, the Harmony didn't really care whether or not you were in tune.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 24, 2013, 06:22:57 pm »

[Beta | Desert]

Jewel cursed to himself in Dwarven and fumbled around in his bag before bringing out a bottle with a layered liquid in it. The top layer was clear, the middle a light green, and the bottom a dark green sludge. The elemental shook it vigorously as he hurried to Daeth, holding the corked flask to the man. "Regret, no ice, have salve. Use, kill pain."

The heavily armored elemental looked at the bowl with a scowl and a look of someone betrayed, not entirely sure what happened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2013, 06:59:15 pm »

[Alpha | The Bargaining | Merchant's Tent]

Myrln re-evaluated his opinion of the mortal. He was now rated just above 'idiot' in his meaning.
He clearly meant to use his blood as a controlling agent in order to get the result he desired out of the bargain. That wouldn't do at all. Making him a changeling would be okay, especially since he could just kill him directly after if he were tired of the man's prattle. He had no issues with him and his family being vassals - more playmates! - but really, the sticking point was the blood. Myrln considered how he could cheese his way out of this.
Abuse his teammates to accomplish this? But which one of them had blood - more importantly, which one of them was stupid enough to have blood and willingly give it to him?
Morgred? No, though those disciples he was talking about gathering would serve, maybe.
Zoah? Oh wait, he'd gone to his god again.
Tarana? Might work.
Neun had magma for blood as far as he could tell, which would be amusing to give to the fellow.
That new one? Not so much; from what Myrln cared to remember she used the power of other entities rather than her own.

Looked like it was up to Morgred's disciples or the demonborn.
That or he could summon up another Fae, but involving more experienced people like that seemed to be a bad idea in total.

Those terms sound acceptable, with a few modifications. I will accept the conditions of vassalage and turning you into a Changeling. However, due to a preexisting condition with my blood - namely that it was his, dammit, and he liked keeping it in his possession - it wouldn't be suitable for me to give you my blood, for me or for you. However, I have associates that can procure magical blood for your interest. How does a pint of demonborn blood sound?

In essence: 'Sure I'll make you immortal before you die and accept you into the party, but no feyblood for you. Have a demonborn instead.'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2013, 11:42:32 pm »

[Beta | Desert*]

Daethwin fumbled for the flask, reaching for it as his head burned like fire in the heat, and nearly dropped it as he bit his lip hard enough to make it bleed. He unstoppered it quickly and poured it on his head, hissing in pain as it first touched, then sighing as it began to cool and soothe his burns. "Thank you, thank you very much, Jewel." As he stood up, he looked at Jewel's face and almost laughed at the presumably pained expression.

"It wasn't the bowl, Jewel. They have a very powerful mage with them. One who noticed my intrusion, and didn't appreciate it. I'm really glad for the bowl, actually; if it wasn't for using the water in it, I probably would have died, rather than simply losing my good looks." The bard turned to the rest, continuing. "You guys catch that? They've got some powerful casters with them. And golems. Really big golems. And of course, snakes. I think there's some sort of war beginning...but anyway, it isn't a war party. Fairly sure; looks more like a hunting group or something, not a full tribe but not military."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:32:42 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 04, 2013, 11:54:27 pm »

[Alpha | Morgred's Ghoulifying Fun Time!]
Raise some skeletons and fuse them into the shape of a beast of burden, but invert the rib cage upwards so that it can hold luggage/sacrifices.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 06, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

[BETA | Desert Wonderland]

Jewel silently pondered through what the bard said, a few moments later picking up and stashing the bowl again, having puzzled through the confusing existence of contractions. Well, that's probably what he mean. Hopefully. Maybe.

Worst case scenario he can chuck the bowl if it does anything funny.

"Hunting group..." The elemental pondered this change of idea. Although, for a hunting group it appears to have a good caster. And golems. "Relate village? What do now? Go hunting group, go village? Pinch bad, very bad caster involve. Group may be village force, go somewhere. Go hunting group, we take village force no support, hunting group go village, get support. Support bad. Village no force, village may easy go."

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #492 on: December 07, 2013, 09:50:05 pm »

"Not military, but casters golems & snakes?"
(He pretty clearly screws up his face and makes a gesture of disbelief.)
"Well, if angel talks truth, and they come here...the fire giants want help. They're as strong as golems. If we prepare, we can ambush them. I want to help."
(Back to daethwin)
"How many did you see?"

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:58:16 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2013, 10:02:44 pm »

'If the angel speaks truth' Fishman? You suggest that I, chosen servant of Arnum, master of veracity, might be no less than entirely true in my report? I take offense, you unenlightened cur!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2013, 10:17:12 pm »

(Rurail looks Thales dead in the eye.)
"You could have misjudged."
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47