Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37578 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #465 on: November 08, 2013, 03:28:14 am »

Hearing the giant's words, Rurail subtly bobs his head a bit while looking through or around the giant's face for but a moment- something clicks, he clears his throat and tries to emulate the giant's volume, emphasizing his meaning with bodylanguage!
[C̴o̷u̸gh]
We not know. Tal͎̗̼̞ͣk͋ͯͥ̾͗̄͑҉̼̝̗̣͙͙̞  captain first. Where?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 08, 2013, 07:34:47 pm »

[Beta | Desert ]

The giant pointed up in the air, then shrugged.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:24:09 pm by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 08, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »

[Beta-Crash Site]

[language-giant]I have to say I agree with your interpretation of the situation, most surprisingly, commoner sailor. I believe now is a good time to test a few suppositions about these elves, for as it is said in the holy Annals of Arnum, "Thou must know thine enemies, lest there gifts cause them favor in mine eyes. Seek not destruction, for that shall come, but seek first understanding." Shalt we take our leave?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 08, 2013, 08:39:39 pm »

[BETA]

Jewel furrowed his brow as he thought on what Thales said, seeming to be thinking on something, before comprehension dawned on him and he smiled. "We go walk-find group-target, yes? Learn quest, learn enemy, keep safe." The elemental motioned to the sailors around them in the group. While they could probably take care of themselves fine, he didn't see reason to endanger them when they were just their ride to where they needed to go.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:11:50 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 08, 2013, 08:54:42 pm »

Yes, that is the general idea, elemental.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 08, 2013, 09:06:52 pm »

[BETA]

Nathan quietly held back laughter, finding Thales reasoning solid, but alarmingly ironic. He'd follow what the group did, but definitely was coming across a little less professional than he wished.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 08, 2013, 09:18:59 pm »

[BETA]

Jewel smiled again, happy to see that he had indeed understood. He nodded at the angel, then addressed the group. "We go? Check water, check food, check weapons, ready?" He himself took his own advice and checked to make sure he had everything while he waited for the others.

When the elemental was satisfied, he took a few steps in the direction of which Thales indicated prior, towards the attempted ambush group, before turning back and waiting for the party, indicating he was ready to go.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:11:20 pm by Xanmyral »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2013, 09:48:02 pm »

[Beta|Giant's camp]

Rurail follows his gesture and furrows his brow before realizing.
Waiting for everyone to finish speaking, he's careful not to interrupt or speak before the giant if he's about to reply to Thale's gobbledegook:
[To the giant]
"You want help?"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:49:45 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »

[Alpha | With Followers]
Important question; any of you have a problem with stealing people's souls?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2013, 10:11:41 pm »

[Beta | Giant's Camp]

Daethwin didn't say much. He couldn't really do much to help, much as it pained him, and he was better off just observing for now anyway. He had all his gear with him, as the bard had long ago learned to travel light, and he started towards Jewel before frowning, stopping, and grinning. "Hey! Any of you guys got a bowl and some water? I got a better idea, I think."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 08, 2013, 10:37:17 pm »

[BETA]

Jewel dug into his heavy pack for a moment before producing a stone bowl. It seemed plain and humble, but smooth and functional all the same. The elemental unstrapped a water skin off of his pack and handed both to the strange human, Daeth. "Idea?" He gestured for the man to explain himself.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 09, 2013, 01:37:12 am »

[BETA]

The bard took the items, nodding his head in thanks to the elemental. "I'm thinking, maybe we can get at least a quick look at the elves before we go running off to scout, if I try to scry on them, right?" He furrows out a shallow depression in the sand, then puts the bowl in. The plainness was an advantage, from what he knew of scrying; image could come through clearer. Daethwin shoves sand up to the bowl around it, making it almost upraised, then wipes his hands off on his tunic before pouring a bit of the water in carefully. Next, he waited for the water to settle and clear, then bent down low so his face was just to the side of the bowl, and began to sing.

The song was a low one at first, sending just the slightest of ripples across the water's surface, soft and barely able to be heard, but the wind itself seemed to bend to hear. It rose up, built on itself, formed a chorus out of the sounds of nature and the beating of the sun, rhythm given by the bard, melodies intertwining as though the man, on his knees next to a bowl of water, was instead a choir of sixty great sages and monks in a grand auditorium. As the sounds carried across the surface of the water, Daethwin let his voice fade away, the melody falling, but not stopping, though the Bard did. The bowl continued to ripple, the vibrations and waves forming patterns and swirls in it's surface, echoes of the song seemingly kept trapped by the bowl, continuing to give out sound, as if the water sang. The sunlight's reflections glinted different colors as they refracted from minerals in the bowl's inner surface, focused by the pattern of rippling water into an image; the drow...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:43:36 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2013, 06:12:30 pm »

Myrln grinned widely as he walked into the shop after the poor unsuspecting fool. As he bargained for his staff to be enchanted for a more cold disposition, he'd subtly flood the man's senses with a glamor spell that would entice him to talk at great length about anything that came to his mind. He'd then inquire as to what magic items he had in stock, listen carefully, nod, smile, all those pleasantries, and then change his glamor spell to one that would make him feel much more agreeable to any sort of bargain. He'd then offer to take all the magic items and such off the merchant's hands, reach inside a coinpurse, and pull out what appeared to be several large gemstones such as diamonds, rubies, etc, but were really acorns. He'd offer a large quantity of them to the merchant in exchange for every magical item he had, with the agreement going as such: 'I will give you the items lying before you on your desk (referring to the illusory 'gems') in exchange for (the names of every magical item in the store)'. The exact words of the contract made it perfectly legal to take everything the merchant had for a pile of acorns. And thanks to the glamor, he'd agree easily! Of course, the illusion on the acorns would wear off in 3 days or so, but they'd be long gone by then. The merchant wouldn't even suspect a thing, as he'd made the illusion visible to the touch, smell, and even taste, just in case.

Cheat the merchant out of everything of value in his store using the method detailed above.
Then transport the goods back to my sack o' loot.
Later at night, go out into the city and seduce and kill several people (say 5 or so). The people should be around/in whorehouses and such, and their frozen corpses (ie freeze them to death) will be placed in unobtrusive locations.
If Myrln happens to get his Hand, so much the better.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 22, 2013, 02:02:22 pm »

[Beta | Desert]

The giant kinda blinked at the sudden flow of words from the angelborn, and then just nodded in response to the much more sensible question Rurail had asked.

"Help be nice."

His giant eyes looked over at Thales quickly, then back to the fishkin, smoke rising from a lifted eyebrow.

"That one speakings funny tone. The sayings of words."

He'd puzzle over it for a while before finally grunting "accent" in Giant and then shrugging.

Quote from: Rpgeek
The song was a low one at first, sending just the slightest of ripples across the water's surface, soft and barely able to be heard, but the wind itself seemed to bend to hear. It rose up, built on itself, formed a chorus out of the sounds of nature and the beating of the sun, rhythm given by the bard, melodies intertwining as though the man, on his knees next to a bowl of water, was instead a choir of sixty great sages and monks in a grand auditorium. As the sounds carried across the surface of the water, Daethwin let his voice fade away, the melody falling, but not stopping, though the Bard did. The bowl continued to ripple, the vibrations and waves forming patterns and swirls in it's surface, echoes of the song seemingly kept trapped by the bowl, continuing to give out sound, as if the water sang. The sunlight's reflections glinted different colors as they refracted from minerals in the bowl's inner surface, focused by the pattern of rippling water into an image; the drow...

...were clearly in the middle of a heated conversation.

"L'phish zikowt zhah aluin ulu inbau udossa jal elggen xuil nindol thalack..."

[The Red Tribe is going to get us all killed with this war]

"Ol zhah natha mzild hyrr'ol plynn pholor l'martheo. Mal'ai."

[It's a more honest take on the situation. Idiot.]

"Jhal ol zhah nind emp'poss ulu malar lu'udosst ulu rahss l'thiin. L'phraktos er'griff zhaun dos della l'statha bauth l'draa Phish sargtlinen lu'l'sarah hamil tialej Leurl dal l'harlil..."

[But it's their job to fight and ours to handle animals. The gods only know you told the story about the two Red warriors and the camel drinking mud from the bottom...]

There was a sound rather like someone getting hit upside the head with a staff in a playful-yet serious manner to match that exact action just now fully coming into focus as the ripples slowed. It was more than just the two pastoral and feuding elves - practically a whole wandering camp. Or, at least, most of it - there weren't enough animals to make a worthwhile herd, even in the desert. Clearly, the bulk of the tribe was elsewhere with the rest. Among the practical-desert-garbed elves stood towering golems, with strange little sand tornadoes revolving around their legs. One such golem - the biggest of them - had what looked like two sand snakes curled around his huge, blocky lower body.

The image blurred, and a muffled voice spoke. Daethwin would immediately understand a caster had blocked him, but the idea to maybe move his head back from the bowl occurred about a second too late. Instead of trying to dodge, he instead mashed his face into the sand, preventing the sudden sloshing surge of scalding water from boiling his eyes at the cost of part of his ear and the back of his head - all in all, a worthy trade. [6 HP damage. Second-degree burns, whoo!] It was lucky for the bard that he had scryed through water - a fireball of that magnitude through a glass would have been considerably more fatal.

[Alpha | Wherever Mor Is]

"If they can't protect their souls from being stolen, then they deserve it, don't they?"

The slightly swollen body the necropriest was inhabiting nodded and croaked in agreement with the blood elf.

"Only if it's mine being stolen. Or kids, except when it's needed for an emergency."

[Alpha | The Shop Where Myr Is]

Unfortunately for the Winterfae, "foolish" did not always translate into "stupid."

"Unless those acorns grow into trees that bear gems as fruits, no thank you."

He scratched at an ear, quietly thanking himself for wearing the iron studs today. A shame he didn't have salt to pour...

"Counter-proposition: in exchange for all of my goods and services, you grant me three favors. The first, which is to be paid upon agreement, is a pint of your blood. I have a silver tool by which you can donate so as to avoid any lasting harm, and a bloodroot potion for your use as well. Additional acceptable alternatives include an equivalent amount of blood from a fey of equal or greater power than yourself, the magical potency equivalent in lesser fae blood, or several hairs from the head of your Queen. Secondly, upon the event of my imminent death - which you will not assist unless I, in sound mind or pure desperation, request - I ask that you transform me into a changeling. Lastly, to make the second favor fully legal, I ask that you accept myself and family giving fealty and service as vassals. In exchange, you gain possession of all current magical goods in my store not currently owned by anyone else, taxes, my family following you around, access to my powers, loyalty, service, so on in good faith and confidence."

Or, in shorter words: "If you let me join your party and make me immortal before I die, I and my family will gladly be your bitch."

[Alpha | Mudering Spree]

Frozen murderous sexy times ensue. Assorted people die with a huge grin frozen on their face and other things frozen elsewhere on their body.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 22, 2013, 02:03:15 pm »

[Beta | Desert]

The giant kinda blinked at the sudden flow of words from the angelborn, and then just nodded in response to the much more sensible question Rurail had asked.

"Help be nice."

His giant eyes looked over at Thales quickly, then back to the fishkin, smoke rising from a lifted eyebrow.

"That one speakings funny tone. The sayings of words."

He'd puzzle over it for a while before finally grunting "accent" in Giant and then shrugging.

Quote from: Rpgeek

...were clearly in the middle of a heated conversation.

"L'phish zikowt zhah aluin ulu inbau udossa jal elggen xuil nindol thalack..."

[The Red Tribe is going to get us all killed with this war]

"Ol zhah natha mzild hyrr'ol plynn pholor l'martheo. Mal'ai."

[It's a more honest take on the situation. Idiot.]

"Jhal ol zhah nind emp'poss ulu malar lu'udosst ulu rahss l'thiin. L'phraktos er'griff zhaun dos della l'statha bauth l'draa Phish sargtlinen lu'l'sarah hamil tialej Leurl dal l'harlil..."

[But it's their job to fight and ours to handle animals. The gods only know you told the story about the two Red warriors and the camel drinking mud from the bottom...]

There was a sound rather like someone getting hit upside the head with a staff in a playful-yet serious manner to match that exact action just now fully coming into focus as the ripples slowed. It was more than just the two pastoral and feuding elves - practically a whole wandering camp. Or, at least, most of it - there weren't enough animals to make a worthwhile herd, even in the desert. Clearly, the bulk of the tribe was elsewhere with the rest. Among the practical-desert-garbed elves stood towering golems, with strange little sand tornadoes revolving around their legs. One such golem - the biggest of them - had what looked like two sand snakes curled around his huge, blocky lower body.

The image blurred, and a muffled voice spoke. Daethwin would immediately understand a caster had blocked him, but the idea to maybe move his head back from the bowl occurred about a second too late. Instead of trying to dodge, he instead mashed his face into the sand, preventing the sudden sloshing surge of scalding water from boiling his eyes at the cost of part of his ear and the back of his head - all in all, a worthy trade. [6 HP damage. Second-degree burns, whoo!] It was lucky for the bard that he had scryed through water - a fireball of that magnitude through a glass would have been considerably more fatal.

[Alpha | Wherever Mor Is]

"If they can't protect their souls from being stolen, then they deserve it, don't they?"

The slightly swollen body the necropriest was inhabiting nodded and croaked in agreement with the blood elf.

"Only if it's mine being stolen. Or kids, except when it's needed for an emergency."

[Alpha | The Shop Where Myr Is]

Unfortunately for the Winterfae, "foolish" did not always translate into "stupid."

"Unless those acorns grow into trees that bear gems as fruits, no thank you."

He scratched at an ear, quietly thanking himself for wearing the iron studs today. A shame he didn't have salt to pour...

"Counter-proposition: in exchange for all of my goods and services, you grant me three favors. The first, which is to be paid upon agreement, is a pint of your blood. I have a silver tool by which you can donate so as to avoid any lasting harm, and a bloodroot potion for your use as well. Additional acceptable alternatives include an equivalent amount of blood from a fey of equal or greater power than yourself, the magical potency equivalent in lesser fae blood, or several hairs from the head of your Queen. Secondly, upon the event of my imminent death - which you will not assist unless I, in sound mind or pure desperation, request - I ask that you transform me into a changeling. Lastly, to make the second favor fully legal, I ask that you accept myself and family giving fealty and service as vassals. In exchange, you gain possession of all current magical goods in my store not currently owned by anyone else, taxes, my family following you around, access to my powers, loyalty, service, so on in good faith and confidence."

Or, in shorter words: "If you let me join your party and make me immortal before I die, I and my family will gladly be your bitch."

[Alpha | Mudering Spree]

Frozen murderous sexy times ensue. Assorted people die with a huge grin frozen on their face and other things frozen elsewhere on their body.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47