Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37577 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #450 on: October 28, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »

Yes, that is a worthy use of time

As the herbs are collected, Tarana thanks the land and the spirits of the plants for their gifts
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2013, 07:04:46 pm »

[Beta]

Jewel grumbled at the sky as he checked to make sure his things were alright before happily kneeling on the ground and running a his gauntlet-clad hand through the sand. While it's no rock or dirt, earth is earth and he couldn't hide his wide smile as he felt connected to the ground once more. He mumbled a quick prayer to the Mountain Mother before rising up again and looking off in the direction of the village the giant pointed in.

"We go present?" The earth elemental inquired of his companions happily as he pointed in the same direction as the giant. "Quest close, forward?" The diminutive greenhorn was hard pressed to hide his excitement about the prospects of being on an actual adventure.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 29, 2013, 01:01:01 pm »

(Beta)

''Zakai, Vijer, Timeus, that was a storm!'' Nathan exclaims. He checked his equipment to find it was all fine, and saw Jewel's excitement. ''All in good time, rockman.'' He was surprised to see what he presumed to be an ancient creature excited by this. After checking that everyone else seemed ok, he took point, looking back at the party. ''Guess we're on foot from here. Anybody has extra water, or water making magics, would be super handy.''
He gave a small prayer to Timeus to look over them for battle and for water, and hoped that storm was formed by Zakai and Vijer and for a reason.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 29, 2013, 04:10:21 pm »

[Beta-Skyship]

Gliding down on his shining wings, Thales approached the party.

Not that you would fully understand the situation, running about hysterically on the ship, but we appear to have company around a day away, and the aforementioned match the descriptions of our targets.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 29, 2013, 04:20:38 pm »

[BETA | DESERT]

"Jewel." The still-smiling elemental nodded as he gave his name again, figuring the man simply forgot it.

He took a small while to parse what the man said next, before tilting his head slightly and responding. "Water-make magic... no need 'handy?'" Jewel looked at his hand momentarily before nodding, feeling as if he is satisfying whatever the man was after. "Hand no have water-make magic."

The elemental turned his attention to Thales rejoining them, happy that the winged man made it out of the storm okay, stating as much. "Happy you safe." Jewel then took the task of trying to figure out what the heck he just said, the task taking much longer than what the human had said. It was faster than before when he conversed with Thales however, a marketable improvement! Or Jewel is just learning which words to automatically ignore instead of try to muddle through their meaning.

"Group-target day far? Where?" The elemental looked around, as if he could see them himself in the desert, but it was mostly a gesture to help convey his meaning.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:22:32 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 29, 2013, 04:33:44 pm »

[Beta- Near Skyship]

*Points*

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:35 pm »

[BETA]

The elemental looked in the direction and frowned. "What do? Go village, go group-target? I say group-target. No happy enemy flank us, we walk village, group-target walk us, they flank us. No good." Jewel reasoned, turning towards the direction Thales pointed. After a moment, he added another point. "Extra information village. Know many, help many."

He turned to the group. "We go walk village," Jewel pointed towards the village, "We go find group-target," then the earth elemental pointed towards where Thales did, posing his question to the assembled group.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:08 pm »

"Wait, what do you mean angel?"
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2013, 06:27:26 am »

I mean there's a large party of dark elves about a day away! I assume it's not hard to grasp that fact!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2013, 03:35:02 pm »

"And they head this way?"
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2013, 03:37:08 pm »

Well, what else did you expect they would be doing?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2013, 04:01:03 pm »

Pausing to think, Rurail nods before going to speak with the fire giant captain.
Badges of honor

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2013, 09:26:31 pm »

[BETA]

Daethwin cracks his neck, and looks at the sky. "It's gonna get real hot, real soon. I can tell you that. And I don't want to risk my instruments around this sand...I think we should head for the town. At least there's shelter there. And I think I can help speed our travel a bit. They won't beat us there, and we can set up a trap, perhaps. Or at least get our bearings. But...I'll go with the group decision, if it comes to it."  He followed the fishkin -His name was Rurail, right?, he thought- as he went to speak with the captain. If nothing else, he could see how his face worked when speaking and such. Tell if the fire-giant was lying, too.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 31, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »

[BETA]

Seeing things appear to be a tie at the moment, Jewel turns his attention to the angel. "Thales, go village, go group-target?" The elemental used his hands in attempt to appear as merchant's scale, one side occasionally dipping to the other in turn.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (BETA POST UP)
« Reply #464 on: November 08, 2013, 01:24:23 am »

[Alpha | All Over]

The two similarly-named women would go forth and explore the desert. For the most part, it involved staring at plants, a few poked fingers from the nettle, a few poked fingers from the pears, more plant-related stabbings from the yucca, and further bits of cursing at the ephedra poking them. However, the more interesting part for Arana and Tarana would be the discovery of an old, dry, dead skeleton, leaned against the old, dry, dead skeleton of a lamed horse. On its face sat a pair of spectacles; upon further inspection, the body would reveal a dull and tarnished silver sword, a simple silver ring, a coin that could only be a token of the cult of Ingram, and a book neither of them could read, both from age and from the alien script it was written in. Further inspection would reveal what had been a flask, and then, wonder of wonders, a bag of coin holding roughly 60 gold total (mostly pence, shims, and shillings, with the rest being small change and quins.)

On the way back, munching on desert pears, they found a few chunks of petrified wood, and a tiny nugget of meteotic iron - not of any particular use as far as alchemy went, but it sure was pretty.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Why, fancy that... you Chose!"

The shopkeep grinned. He'd had a thing for faeries since he was a child, and he was ready for something dangerous. Or thought he was.

"You don't want to see these street wares. Come inside, and let us bargain for something of real power, shall we?"

He'd said the magic word. Well, two, but "bargain" was slightly more magical than "power" because it gave the Fair Folk a chance to fuck someone over and have the designated fuckee thank them with a smile.

Morgred would find that a few would follow him, a certain higher-level priest having winknudged the idea that the spellwight had been involved in the God-bomb to his underlings. One blood priest, another necropriest, and a human; aside from the person who was currently dead, each expressed interest in remaining alive until a proper time came to cheat it; the Blood Elf (one guess as to what sort of priest she was) would, if questioned, recite from one of the (many) Books of Dra'thur as though it proved some sort of point. Obviously, Morgred was physically incapable of caring about the details of her denomination, and would subsequently proceed to

a) not give a shit
b) consider declaring it a proper time for her to die
c) decide it's not worth the effort since someone's probably going to kill her in a hilarious way, probably Myrln
d) plan to take revenge on Myrln for his hypothetical murder if it's not funny enough
e) continue raising ghouls while carefully defining the minimum acceptable level of hilarity from the murder

[Beta | Another Desert, Far Away From Alpha Party]

The Fire Giant glowered at them, but in a friendly "I'm not going to eat you but I'm also not happy" way. Probably hard to tell the difference, but the lack of being eaten sure was a hint.

"Ship no fly."

Clearly, not a person who spoke Common well.

"My plan? Kill them-" - he made a gesture to the eventually incoming elves, over the giant sword strapped to his back - "-eat new meat. You plan?"

Mr. Carnivore, for lack of a better name, clearly wasn't the brains of the operation in comparison to Captain Greg.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47