Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37563 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #435 on: October 23, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »

[Beta|Skyship]

[Rurail takes a moment to look at everyone in surprise before going aft! With haste!]
[Keep an eye out for safety devices!]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:47:41 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 23, 2013, 04:19:35 pm »

[Alpha Party|Abandoned Manor]
Tarana spent the week in a small alchemical labaratory located inside the manor. To say that demongirl became interested in alchemy is to say nothing, she was obsessed with that, greedily absorbing whatever lessons Rochelle was ready to give, reading every alchemical book in her library and doing daring experiments, mixing various ingredients without receipt and somehow predicting proprieties of the resulting mix

Spoiler: Level up (click to show/hide)

"Lady Rochelle, I am sure that you know that I enjoy your company and I am very supportive to the idea to continue our close and profitable cooperation" Tarana said while sipping her delicious wine. Somehow she became more used to Morgred minions and was able to eat in the presence of his ghouls
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 23, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »

[Alpha Party | Abandoned Manor]

Myrln tipped his hat to the woman. Not a Hat like that of a wizard - he wished - but rather the illusion of one he was maintaining. It was an ostentatious thing, deep purple and adorned with gold thread and embroidery to such an extent that it was onto wearable by virtue of being an illusion.
Milady, I do believe our working relationship has been excellent thus far. T'would be in our advantage to continue working together, I think.
All not quite truths, of course. He recalled none of the people he was currently sitting with, but they apparently shared the delusion that he lead them. He was happy enough to leave them like that.
And although he knew the woman followed Aphiliam, he found her aesthetically pleasing, like he wanted to shrink her and keep her on a bookshelf.
But why do we sit in such lack of comfort? A travesty, really. I could fix that for you, if you wish.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 23, 2013, 06:16:39 pm »

You lot decide what you want, there's one thing I want to do before we leave.
Head to the Temple of Mingan.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 23, 2013, 07:12:19 pm »

[BETA | DOOMED SKYSHIP]

The elemental watched the foppish man speed off before the man's meaning finally clicked in his head. "Ship bad close, go present, go-go-go!" Jewel barked at the other adventurers as he roughly pointed after Rurail. He was annoyed to see Thales fly off, but knew that he can take care of himself in this situation.

The elemental tried to do a quick inventory of what he has while moving, to make sure that he isn't missing anything too important, or at least nothing that couldn't be replaced.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:04:11 am by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2013, 10:35:12 pm »

[BETA | DOOMED SKYSHIP]

Daethwin looked alarmed at the man's tone, and then actions, and decided to emulate them. "Come on then, lads! 'Twould be madness to remain in this location!" the latter sentence had the sound of a quote about it. Probably a play.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2013, 01:01:38 am »

[Alpha | Manor]

"Excellent!"

She gave a real smile this time, then turned to the wolfkin beside her.

"It's been a while since you've had a party, Arana? I think you were in your second year when they were getting started, if I recall the time correctly...?"

Rochelle was mostly guessing based on accents and timing, naturally. As far as the lack of luxury? She just ignored the question. Myrln was different somehow, and she figured the fey would do exactly as he liked regardless of her opinion; she approved on general principle but didn't much like it anyway.

[Alpha | Temple]

There was a temple district at one point. Right now, there was rubble and ruin. The fountains had stopped, and the air smelled faintly of alchemy and death.

The Templefortress had held out the best, but given that the front had collapsed and there were holes, the Shinpriests (and Mingan priests) had taken over a larger building in the town center.

At the moment, the effective rulers of the city were the followers of the god-brothers, mostly because of the whole "We might not be the biggest cult, but if you do anything we don't like, we'll team up with your rival to kill every last one of you sons of bitches" argument they presented. You couldn't argue with that logic.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:05:03 am by Ross Vernal »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 24, 2013, 01:22:11 am »

Abruptly, Myrln sprang out of his chair and stood on the table before them all, grinning, hands on hips.
Well, that's an agreement! I have business elsewhere, so ta ta for now~
He then performs a spectacular backflip off the table before vanishing, having cloaked himself in a veil and run off somewhere.

[Alpha | What Remains Of The Market]
Myrln stalked through the remains of the marketplace, marvelling at the world he saw. So much magic still remained from what the fools had told him was a battle of the gods themselves. How exciting! Breathing in, he marvelled at how he could almost literally breathe the magic in. Not that that really mattered to him anyhow, but it was invigorating.
Now then, what was I looking for? Oh yes, improving myself. Yes. Now then, where are the - that one looks permissible.

Myrln heads to what remains of the market to go change the enchantment on his staff from fire spells to cold spells. He coincidentally goes to the same person he did last time.

Esteemed vendor, greetings! I'd like to switch this staff's enchantment from fire spells to cold. The heat doesn't jibe with me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 24, 2013, 01:52:08 am »

Meet with the leaders of the Mingan temple.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 24, 2013, 02:52:36 am »

[Alpha | Manor]

"Lady Rochelle, how do you think is wolfkin's heart is a good substitute for one taken from a real wolf? Tarana's sense of humor is probably influenced by being in the party with Myrln way to long, but at least she said it with a bright smile not with serious expression on her face. " Arana, glad that you with us. This party lacks members of smarter gender, I want to go to the outskirts of the city and gather some herbs for my new hobby, let's go together. I would like some pleasant company
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:26:41 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2013, 08:04:17 pm »

(BETA)

''Blimey!'' Nathan caught his balance. ''This reminds me why I'm not keen on heights.''

Nathan runs to his cabin to pick up the last of his things before running off after Jewel and Rurail.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2013, 07:57:50 am »

[Alpha | Manor]

"Lady Rochelle, how do you think is wolfkin's heart is a good substitute for one taken from a real wolf? Tarana's sense of humor is probably influenced by being in the party with Myrln way to long, but at least she said it with a bright smile not with serious expression on her face. " Arana, glad that you with us. This party lacks members of smarter gender, I want to go to the outskirts of the city and gather some herbs for my new hobby, let's go together. I would like some pleasant company

Arana is a little perturbed by the joke at first, not really worried but thinking it in bad taste

Sure, I will go with you. Need to get out of civilization for a bit anyway
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 28, 2013, 12:23:30 am »

[Beta | Airship]

Upon entering, the party would suddenly feel the effects of the wind, several aircraft revved up with pilots in place. Each had room for two beside the pilot, although putting Jewel with a giant was probably weight enough. The floor angled and with a whirr, the spirits of air contained in the craft began to exert their power completely, dropping out of the airship.

At first, the oncoming storm whipped the formation high, scattering them, before blowing into a steady current of wind the craft fought against, shaking with turbulence. After a tense moment when the small craft signaled a descent, they spiraled down in loops, using the wind to slow. As the craft grew nearer to the ground, the weather seemed to calm - in comparison to a gusty half-frozen dark grey hell punctuated by lighting,  the edge of the wall seemed to be a grey drizzle.

Anyone looking out the window would see ant-sized figures below, but only momentarily - by the time the aircraft formation had come to a shuddering halt, the party, somewhat rattled and possibly bruised from the flight, would have overshot the enemies waiting to abush them by at least a day's travel.

On the other hand, it sure was a dry desert. It had drank up all the stormwall had given it and remained parched. The Giants merely pointed in the direction of the village, not caring to go along. Their job was in the sky, and they intended to find their airship again - or, at least, find a new captain.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #448 on: October 28, 2013, 01:38:55 am »

[Beta|Fire giant base camp]

Making sure all the craft were accounted for, (at least those of his party), Rurail would take a moment to stretch & watch the clouds depart before sizing up what all they had escaped with.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:44:46 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 28, 2013, 12:23:19 pm »

[Alpha | Manor]
Don't you know some alchemy, too? Let's spend some time to make healing potions for the party? That's something no adventuring party can be short off.   

Together with Arana or alone Tarana will spend her free time gathering ingredients for healing potions and making some later. After creating a decent stockpile, Tarana will covertly wonder around the town, giving half of made healing potions for free to injured children and other innocents
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47