Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37613 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (BETA POST UP)
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2013, 09:38:25 am »

That seems reasonable. I look forward to your company on this dreary side quest. Perhaps you might consider joining me in my laboratory at some point.
Turning to face Nathan.
Ah, I was wondering when the filthy wretches of the guild would arrive. If you're quite finished licking the boots of the uneducated brutes we call masters?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2013, 10:58:31 am »

[//dwarvenLanguage = true] "Likewise, although surely it won't be too bad. From what I understand, we're to just save a town from something or another... Or attack a town, but that didn't sound too right from what the rest of he said, shouldn't be too hard either way. Besides, things are always as exciting as you make it, you know? Maybe if they're too weak we should try fighting blindfolded." Gave a short laugh out of amusement from what he said. "Laboratory? Are you an alchemist perhaps?"

[//dwarvenLanguage = false] Jewel turned to the newcomer. "Pleasure I meet you. I Jewel Thornton, you?" The elemental didn't quite understand what Thales had said beside him and gave him a bit of a strange look, before giving a shrug towards himself. He must be misunderstanding what the angelborn is saying.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2013, 11:09:48 am »

I suppose so. I travel the world looking for the extraordinary, to decipher the truth of the world. It bridles me a bit to do this at the command of the guild masters, but it's not impossible that this trip will be worthwhile.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2013, 11:44:39 am »

Nathan looks at Thale. <Looks like I was right about one thing.>

''I see you have a problem with going in prepared in the mind. Don't worry, I'll make sure that you're back's covered in the likely chance you'll expose it.'' Nathan then thought about his sentence for a moment. ''Eh, I mean that you'd expose your back to enemies rather than me covering yours to... shoot... it, MOVING ON!''
Whilst he studied a lot, the best he could get was that the Elemental spoke a kind of dwarven. That was about as far as that went before being addressed in common.
''Nathan Cadfael of Silvercliff.'' Nathan was polite and pleasant, but didn't know what else to say.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2013, 12:36:44 pm »

Jewel looked at the human a little funny, well as funny as expressionless, clear grey eyes can be. Mostly his face was looking at him funny, I suppose. Either way, the elemental shrugged again, and smiled at the human. "Pleasure meet, Nathan Silvercliff. You ally us?"

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2013, 12:43:24 pm »

''Eh... no... Nathan Cadfael! Silvercliff's where I'm from...'' Nathan was never good with trying to simplify his speech. ''But yes, ally I am.'' <Great, now I'm talking like a character from an ancient book I once read.>

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »

"Sort of. You all know the policy of one party per area... well, in this case, we're making an exception. The first party is trying to put off a rebellion. Problem is, the other half of their quest isn't just sitting there, patiently waiting until the glorious adventurers deign to give it attention. Which is rather rude of the people making the quest necessary, don't you agree?"

Alcohol, where's my alcohol... OH!

glug glug

Renn wiped his mouth and chuckled.

"Anyway. Gregal...gar... lon-"

"Gregalgasgon," muttered the captain, still calculating stuff.

"...Greg here was flying over and noticed a few things. One, Oasis is pretty well burned to the ground. Two, those trying to escape are being herded back into town by what looks like dark elves, riding giant desert beasts. And he happened to intercept a raven with a Quest Request before the elf-druids attacked."

"Never did like elves. And you forgot the golems."

"Yes, thank you. Wait, golems?"

"Yup. New building around the oasis, too."

"So there you have it. Your job, more or less, is to free the citizens and stop the dark elves from making war. Preferably, by killing enough of them to discourage them."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2013, 01:00:24 pm »

Jewel looked at the man oddly again, before nodding, recognition clicking. "Nathan Cadfael, I regret. Silvercliff you native?"

The elemental turned back to the angelborn. [//dwarvenLanguage = 1] "Apologies for the delay, wanted to introduce myself to the newcomer. Seems a reasonable guy, I think. Not sure why he shouted that he had to move though. Move where?" The dirt-skinned elemental shrugged. "Either way, it is nice to not have to talk in Tradespeak, makes me sound... Dim." He frowned, before sighing and smiling again. "I admit I don't have such lofty goals as uncovering truth though, to be honest, I just want to see the world and those who inhabit it. Never had a lot of chances to explore the world, see new places and new things. Sorry that you feel a bit limited by the guild, but they mean well I'm sure, good employment yeah?"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:03:17 pm by Xanmyral »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2013, 01:05:22 pm »

''Dark Elves...'' Nathan silently fumed. He wanted to get going now. Not a second could be lost to free those under torture.
''Who are we waiting on?''

Then remembered the question from Jewel. ''Ah, yes, native!''

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2013, 01:13:21 pm »

"A few more people. It's... sort of a mixed party, if you will."

Renn rubbed the back of his neck.

"I won't bother to stammer and make excuses - you guys were the closest free people we had. We normally like to be choosy when it comes to assigning parties, to match personalities and power and the like, but we literally had no time. If you were here, you're in. Obviously, you're going to get quite a few sponsors from this if you pull it off. Even you, angle-boring. And then you can happily fly a desk around, lecturing people on the importance of knowing the difference between a Denca mechanical flusher and a Mirren chamber pot, or whatever."

I ain't exactly stupid, but what I know is practical. You know, how to shoot, how to sneak into places, engineer revolutions, build stuff. Not "Oh my blasphemy, look at the difference between these two sets of non-magical writings on the nature of gods! Let me give you a long boring speech on how my God is more of a God than your Gods and also I'm a huge asshole bluh bluh."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:17:38 pm by Ross Vernal »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2013, 01:34:10 pm »

"Elves? We fight Elves?" Jewel queried, wondering if they'd have blunt weaponry. He recalls that most depictions of them he's seen are with fancy curved swords or spears or bows... Heheh, he can't help but wonder how some societies can survive with such weak weaponry, although questions if those stories are true to life. Magic is another thing though.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2013, 01:34:29 pm »

Thales stiffens and his eyes grow hard.
Don't you dare insult the value of Arnum's almighty knowledge, and don't you dare insinuate that I am unfit to drink the blood of the blasphemers. I should cut out your tongue for your impudence toward the sacred work of the One True Lord.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2013, 01:42:31 pm »

"Elves and apparently golems. Like you, only not alive."

Renn turned to the angelborn and smiled.

"I implied nothing; you inferred. Take it up with your inferiority complex. Have a nice, calming bath in the blood of your enemies, maybe with some tea and Arnum's Sacred Book Of Toilet Differences. Which I didn't actually know was a thing until you pointed it out. So... thank you, I guess?"

His hand still hadn't left the handle of his gun, something the angelborn would likely consider before trying anything.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2013, 01:50:47 pm »

Don't count on it. RP forbids me from not trying to hurt you now.
With a mighty thrust of his wings, Thales crosses the the space between them in the blink of an eye, and presses his open palm against Renn's body. Channelling the power of Arnum, he conducts an overwhelming flood of information into the man, overwhelming his mind with a tidal wave of mighty Knowledge.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »

Seeing things go down the drain from what he had thought was a relatively good meeting, Jewel can tell hostilities when he sees them even if he isn't quite sure what is going on or why. The small elemental tries to position himself between the two, hands outstretched with palms open in a 'stop' gesture, ready to use himself to put distance between the two if necessary, or if needed put himself in the line of fire of the two. "Want stop! We ally! No fight!"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47