Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37611 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (BETA POST UP)
« Reply #270 on: June 21, 2013, 10:24:51 pm »

Ah, an elemental, of course. You seem to have a rather limited range of vocabulary. Have you considered learning a less obscure language?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2013, 10:29:03 pm »

"...Jewel know language, Tradespeak. Course? We go town, yes?" Jewel said a little uncertain, growing a touch confused with the Angelborn the more it spoke in fancy prose. Well, fancy prose to him at least.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

Let me try something a bit more basic. You use Tradespeak. Why don't you use another language?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2013, 10:39:50 pm »

The elemental nodded, trying to understand what the angelborn is saying. He paused at the last part, obviously wrestling with a part of it... "Use other language? Many hear Tradespeak, know I say. Why I use." Jewel spoke hesitantly again, still words he had to gloss over but at least it was better than the last attempt.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2013, 10:42:26 pm »

Is this your primary language? It seems rather inconvenient. I shall have to teach you a more civilized tongue at the first available opportunity.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2013, 10:50:30 pm »

"I no make Tradespeak, I speak." The elemental took a bit of a step away from the angelborn as he spoke, looking a touch uncomfortable. "I... No wish learn tongue." He obviously misunderstood what it meant.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2013, 10:53:14 pm »

What is your native tongue, you short-of-Arnum's-gifts creature?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2013, 10:57:42 pm »

Jewel looked more confused as the angelborn spoke. He hesitantly pointed at his mouth. "...Tongue born mouth?" He looked to Renn for help in understanding just what the hells this guy is saying.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2013, 11:01:50 pm »

Arnum help you. Let me try a different tack.
Thales prays to Arnum for the gift of linguistic mastery.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:39:03 pm by Remuthra »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2013, 11:27:33 pm »

Jewel watched the angelborn pray, awkwardly scratching his moss hair trying to mull over what the guy was saying exactly. "...I regret? I no know you say."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »

His skin takes on a blue pallor, and he begins speaking in all languages simultaneously.
Greetings, Jewel. Hopefully you will deign to understand my orations if the [purple]latter are expressed in a different tongue. Now, which of these can you understand?
((Remind me to never try that again. So many tags.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2013, 12:04:37 am »

Jewel stared at the angelborn, surprised, confused, and a little intimidated from what had just occurred. [//dwarvenLanguage = true] "You... Uh... Oh, you weren't meaning my tongue, but my native language... That makes much more sense, hah, I was a little worried there for a moment actually." The elemental tried to give a laugh out of amusement, but it came out more awkward. "I can speak Dwarven as you can hear... Probably. Uh... Sorry for the prior confusions, hard to know what the hells anyone is saying really when I can only understand the two spoken languages. Well, Elementare too I suppose, although I don't get the chance to use that much." He seems to have an old accent of dwarven, understandable but noticeable.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:06:26 am by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 22, 2013, 12:23:53 am »

The glow fades as the angelborn ceases channeling the linguistic onslaught.
I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Jewel. I am Thales Aranis, enlightened servant of the One True Arnum. I am puzzled by your lack of linguistic versatility with regard to the languages common to the people of this world. Why is it you choose to limit yourself to the barbaric and inconvenient Tradespeak?
((I'll be using color templates to indicate differing languages. White is Common, and Light Blue is Dwarven.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2013, 12:36:59 am »

[//dwarvenLanguage = true] "Where I was from, Dwarven was all that was spoken. It was a matter of pride, solidarity, community... Those who were merchants could learn Tradespeak, but were said to not learn more least they might lose their familiar ties to home. That's not to say you wouldn't find some who still spoke other languages, but it was the way of home." Jewel simply explained, a soft tone creeping in at the mentions of home and hearth. "Well, that and learning new languages isn't that easy, for me at least. Pleasure to meet you all the same though Thales of Aranis, I myself be Jewel of Thornton as I mentioned before. Warrior, craftsman, devoted of the Mountain Mother." The elemental gave another wide grin at Thales.

At this note, it should be mentioned that there are Dwarven runes carved into the stone tags that are on his armor, as well as on the otherwise smooth and bare face plate of his helmet's warmask.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2013, 08:21:43 am »

''Ai yai yai.'' Nathan walked slowly, every step further from the bed he so quietly slept in the night before. ''I hate mornings...''

The young man stood out with his leather armour, a rifle on his back and two pistols in their holsters. He looked like a soldier out of some other time. He made his way to Renn, the man Nathan had talked to to start his adventuring career. It was better than those snobs at the schola, that was for sure.

He finally arrived and saw an Angelborn and a Elemental.
<Oh great, a snob angel and a dirty elemental.>

As he closed in, he waved at the two before turning to Renn. ''Nathan Cadfael reporting for duty.'' He produced a scroll. ''Something about an oasis area under attack, right? Earlier party hasn't succeeded or something.'' Seemed he had done his research like any good schola student does.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47