Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37615 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (IC Thread)
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2013, 08:10:04 pm »

Morgrod will:
-tell his posse about the work he needs done. (and yes, since Morgrod is objectively the coolest guy present (necromancer/priest/warrior lich, come on!) you lot are MY posse  :P)
-search for people on the verge of suicide. use my demoralise spell thing to tip them over the edge. bind their souls magically as they die so they must serve me for all eternity as zombie meatshields. (why yes, I AM an evil bastard, what was your first clue?)
-find and raise animal skeletons as MORE meatshields. hide them in the sewers/catacombs. (no, I'm not bitter over almost getting destroyed, why do you ask?)
-teach random children the meaning of FUN - ritually sacrificing your friends and family to Mingan. (actually, that one might not go down too well)[/b]

((Let the games begin.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »

After a brief hesitation Tarana put the ring on and smiled noticing that it looks nice on her unusual skin. She was a bit worried that Rochelle never said everything about the ring, but demongirl decided to take the risk
"Unfortunately, none. If you don't count one aphrodisiac receipt. Unfortunately my mentors planned to train a whore not an adventurer. Can't say that all that knowledge isn't useful in my life" Tarana smiled like she spend every second night in someone's bed "But lack of magical education always bothered me

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »

[+2 to all soaks, NOT stacking with armor. Highest value is always used.]

"Well... I'll teach you the basics. Enough to get started."

[This occurs. Sorry, no visible level of Alchemist or MP is granted, but it is assumed that you have a third of a level and can now perform alchemy.

Any use of alchemy takes at least 5 MP and several hours, and produces d6 potions.]

"Ointment against Sidhe illusions is one part beeswax; one part salt; two part thyme, sage or clover, and a splash of boiled water. Keep in mind that this is not against all illusions, but it will help. You rub it on your eyelids and here on your forehead."

Rochelle grinned as she tapped her forehead. Contrary to public opinion, Aphilam's followers weren't all "screw everyone not me"; the guiding principle was to help those who could later help you as a matter of sheer practicality. Sisters of the faith were typically assumed to be of help at some point; if not to yourself personally, then to the Goddess.

"And you wanted death and fire immunity...? Keep in mind, the following are good for about ten minutes. For death immunity, three handfuls of grave dirt, two dried nightshade flowers, a dozen freshly-picked desert rose petals, and, oh... enough water to make it look like mud. I find it helpful to stir with a fingerbone - six times clockwise and once counterclockwise - but it should work regardless. Drink it. And fire immunity is three pieces of coal crushed to powder, mixed with handful of iron filings, and desert pear flower soaked in strong alcohol for 24 hours. Plus the alcohol. Again, you drink this one. And these are local variants; you should be able to find others if you look around. Is there anything else, my dear?"

[Same two day actions apply. Waiting on you, Chink, and Xero.]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:31:58 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:37 pm »

"Thank you, lady. It was very educational. As for further aid, place to have a good night sleep is the only thing I can think about now."

Spend something like 30-50 auerea on various nice looking jewelry and other  accessories. Preferably, but not necessary, with magical properities
(Hey, she needs that to be more charming and do her job better... Nah. It's just her flaw)

Visit Coranthiir's temple pretending to be a non-adventuring traveler worried by her recent dream involving a hammer

Spend some time with Nathalie teaching her some fencing tricks should she want to
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2013, 09:46:05 pm »

Neun will:
  - Buy a staff as mentioned in the OOC thread.
  - Spend time hunting in the desert for more valuable materials like the starmetal, and sell them.
  - Spend some time talking with the apprentices of the dwarven smith, and attempt to pick up some smithing skills from them.
  - Burn down a random house in the middle of the night, leaving no evidence, as an offering to Darsehendros.

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2013, 04:17:40 pm »

[Two Days of Time]

Zoah stood at the head of a dozen men, all lined up in single file elements. Each one of them had a spark in his eyes and a fire burning in his heart, the kind of thing that brought a smile to the warrior of Shin's face. They reminded him of himself when he had first been allowed into the ranks of the Infinite Legions. These men looked dedicated and full of spirit, but a chest full of spirit wasn't the same as a chest full of gold. You couldn't buy equipment with your good looks and pride. No, they were going to have to find the money to get the supplies they needed, and Zoah already knew how to accomplish that.

He was going to need the two smartest of the group.

[Through a series of intricate tests and physical challenges, Zoah narrows down two of the best among the apprentices. A young rouge man and a mage-woman.]

Their mission was clear. Zoah scouted a few crypts and tombs over the past few days, and what he knew of the rites and traditions of the area led him to believe they would be full of valuables. The mission he was giving his apprentices was to go with him on a mini-treasure hunt to secure some of these valuables. This meant danger, traps and crypt guardians to be fought and money to be retrieved. They were both reasonably excited.

For the past day they plotted out the details and ran a few training exercises behind the walls of Shin's temple. To the priests it looked like an elite soldier playing intricate war games with his charges. On the morning of the second day they set out for the crypts, and would not likely return onto sometime the following morning. There was no telling what they would find, or what they would have to fight. But that was the thrill of it all!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (BETA POST UP)
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2013, 09:02:48 pm »

Present Setting - The main campus of the Adventurer's Guild. It's a large, slightly-weathered castle and university. It is located by the sea, and has an excellent natural port. The surrounding city is well-off, and makes most of its living through trade and shipbuilding. A series of canals connects nearby rivers to the city and provides a form of inner-city transportation. Most residents of the city are Humankind, although Sea Elves and Elementals are not uncommon. It has a climate akin to that of San Francisco, and is the middle of winter.

Relative Timing/Location - A week after the Alpha Party is launched.

Notable NPC's - Renn Gistos, Master Adventurer. Gregalgasgon, Fire Giant Airship Captain.

Other Details - At some point, you will be railroaded on the airship and subject to a timeskip.

[The Skydock]

Renn didn't look particularly happy this time. It was rather odd to send two parties into the same area, but the situation in Oasis had gotten dire. A second raven with a Quest had shown up, looking slightly singed. Greg the Giant had reported heavy smoke coming from where Oasis was, and a caravan of barely-covered wagons slowly moving towards Freeport before being herded back into the ruined hamlet by what appeared to be dark elves riding giant scorpions.

Obviously, the previous party had gone to Garrison to deal with the rebellion. He couldn't fault them that - a rebellion and war was more important than some nowhere town, but the lives of some nowhere town weren't just going to be ignored by the Guild when aid and succor had been requested.

Around him, Fire Giants loaded up the airship with the second party's goods, while the Captain made calculations.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2013, 09:14:16 pm »

A large humanoid form wings in over a nearby building and lands on the roof next to Renn on shining steel wings. It's skin has a silver glow and it is covered in full plate, and there is a brightly glowing sword at its side. It stands at the highest point on the roof holding its sword aloft and making a spectacle of things.
Augh, what is it? If you don't mind, I have rather more important work to do than going on errands whenever some self-important lowlife from the guild has a problem. I am a busy man with groundbreaking archeological work to analyze.
((My character even types in an irritating color :D))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2013, 09:41:50 pm »

Renn briefly considered pushing him right off the roof, but knew that'd be kinda pointless.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I called for adventurers. My mistake, I forgot how scared you were about with unknown dangers..."

A polite smirk. The insult properly delivered, Renn rested his hand on the barrel of his magelock, eying the fanatic with dislike.

"It's not as if I expect you to care, but people are dying. Let me say something you might care about - you're likely going to have a lot of opportunity to study dark elven archaeology, where we're sending you. And just think of all the mysterious wonderful shit in the desert!"

I hope you get sand stuck in your wings... he thought, ready to counter any retaliation.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2013, 09:52:23 pm »

Thales sighes.
You unenlightened can't take a bit of the bundles of wasted time you routinely export to learn something about the great work of the One True Lord, so you might actually harbor some hope of understanding the way you mock the greatest pursuit in the history of our world? Well, I suppose I don't really have a choice whether to go rescue random infidels, do I? Gah, I never should have bothered to save the money by getting my schooling here. Six ancient scrolls worth of expeditions weren't worth all these disruptions.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2013, 10:06:52 pm »

Renn gave him a withering look.

"You knew what you were getting into when you signed up. Otherwise, better start your penance, since ignorance is supposed to be a sin for you folk. Even you blasphemers aren't immune. But enough of this. Keep a civil tongue and keep it in your head."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2013, 10:08:22 pm »

[Beta Skydock]

Clink-tinkleClink-tinkleClink-tinkleClink-tinkle...

That was the noise the small humanoid figure made as it approached the skydock, keeping a wide berth from any edges. Clad in heavy armor with stone tags attached to it, the tags tinking against it as the humanoid walks, a large pack slung over the humanoid's shoulder. Face completely obscured due to a helmet-warmask combo, the only thing about the creature that was overly visible was from the slit in the warmask--dark skin and completely grey eyes from the look of it. The humanoid approached Renn, pulled of its helmet and spoke in a gravelly voice.

"Jewel present. Pleasure be here." A wide grin from slate-grey, stone looking teeth as the earth elemental spoke happily in Tradespeak, the only language he knows so far beyond his native ones. Bit of a greenhorn still, the elemental was surprised he was picked to join the group on an actual adventure.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2013, 10:10:43 pm »

Very well, oh master of adventuring. *Turns to see Jewel arrive.* Well, what do we have here? A golem of some sort? How intriguing.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2013, 10:15:16 pm »

Renn simply smiled at the newcomer, trying to think of how to phrase this.

"Much pleasure."

Well, that was close enough.

"I'm... not sure how much this is understood, but...? A town was attacked. You guys are going to save them. And punish the people who did it?"

He sounded kind of hesitant, speaking louder and more clearly. Languages weren't really his thing. He hadn't spoken Tradespeak in years and didn't want to try and embarrass himself.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 21, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »

"No golem. I Jewel, elemental earth. You?" The elemental happily responded to the winged being, looking up at him from his short stature. It was a common misconception about him, he's gotten used to answering that question by now.

Turning his attention back to Renn, he contemplated on his words before nodding, reciting what he understood. "Town attacked, we save, punish people who did." Seems he got the gist of it... Well, at least it appears so.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47