Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37616 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (IC Thread)
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2013, 01:01:10 am »

"Could you direct me to a good blacksmith, Nathalie? I have some business with this metal I found."

Head to the blacksmith, and get my meteor iron made into a shield.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2013, 01:02:30 am »

Keeping in mind you'll probably get expelled from the guild if you start randmly murdering people, yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2013, 01:11:57 am »

"I am going with you" Tarana announced to Myrlyn  "Don't want to miss the funny part when  you'll try to kill each other.

Needless to say that, while Tarana enjoyed witch's company, she knew very well about average "loyalty" of Aphiliam's followers and was totally expecting some trouble sooner or later.

Go with Myrln and Nathalie
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2013, 01:13:25 am »

Now who says we'll try to kill each other?! Myrln asked, putting on a chocked face. We (half) Sidhe take promises made very seriously, you know.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2013, 01:14:00 am »

Don't worry. They won't find any evidence.

Go looking for a temple of the law god or Mingan.

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2013, 08:41:56 am »

Zoah grunted in response to the statement. It looked like something had been eating at the angelborn since the battle with the bandits, something that he wasn't telling the rest of them. His eyes never left the woman that they had captured, and he kept a close watch on her. No offense taken.

[Zoah intends to tail them secretly.]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2013, 12:59:03 pm »

"There's five blacksmiths. Most are for the common folk, but I know there's a dwarven blacksmith somewhere on the east side of town. Follow your nose, you'll definitely be able to tell. I don't know the man, but I can tell you he's not cheap and that when people say 'The smith from Garrison' the first person they mention will be 'Oh, the dwarf guy? I heard he made a murdersword of infinite stabbing' or 'My drunk great-uncle insists the family heirloom was made by him.'"

She waited a bit longer, then nodded.

"Right, you lot! You heard the boss, go drink it up. When you're done, go to the Bad Horse and sleep it off. We'll meet you there."

Cue disbursement of forces.

"Cheapest, biggest inn and brothel in town. Can't miss it. I assume you all would prefer actual beds, so I'll point you somewhere else after taking care of our little affair."

[I will make the individual posts later today. Sorry I didn't get to this last night, I fell asleep. >____> ]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:01:59 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »

Neun: Following the witch's advice would lead the fire-loving dwarf to a rather large foundry/smithy, which was belching smoke. Within were a small horde of apprentices and a few older people who were clearly studying under the mastersmith. The dwarf in question was actually out front, cheerfully smoking something noxious from his sweet axe-pipe, a pewter stein filled with something that closely resembled strong dwarven ale at his side, resting on an iron stand fashioned to resemble the god Malu.

Upon seeing the approach of his fellow elemental, the dwarf would grin.

"Hail, adventurer."

Morgrod: It wasn't particularly hard to find the temple district - one merely had to look for the tall buildings.  The largest three temples would border a square set with what was clearly cast-offs from the mine, as the street fairly shined, with thin gold veins spiderwebbed through the quartz, with large sidewalks made of granite. To the left was a stark, bare building that more closely resembled a fortress than a temple, with Shin's True Sigil carved and painted above the entrance - a black circle representing the sun with black, disconnected thorny protrusions making up the corona, each one separate from the others and the circle itself.  On either side of the heavy gate were spiky black equilateral crosses with pentagrams attached to the ends, indicating that priests of Blood and Chaos resided within, while stylized claws at the top corners indicated Liagoran faithful were welcome.

Opposite it was a temple dedicated to Malu, which had more architectural flourishes, and an ornate fountain to either side of the stairs. Thanks to certain submerged glowing lights, the water had a red glow to it, looking rather like lava as steam rose and a certain sulfuric smell emerged. Above the door was a large clock, gears visible as it let out ticks and tocks.

Lastly, directly in front was a grand temple dedicated to the combined faiths of Coranthiir, Illeni, Vijer, and Zakai, covered with glowing gold True Sigils of each faith. This cathedral was perhaps the most impressive, with stained glass windows, statues of the gods overlooking the city, intricately-carved doors thrumming with magical wards, and the faint sound of chants from within, as well as white sacrificial smoke billowing from aesthetically-pleasing chimneys.

Other, lesser temples filled the space between these: a shrine dedicated to Bree and Timeus was sandwiched between the Decaric templefortress and the Corinthiian cathedral, while an Arohan garden bordered the gap between the Clockwork Basilica and the Cathedral. Just to the side of the Basilica was a curved, artificial body of saltwater, built large enough to accommodate the only wooden structure in the area: a large ship dedicated to Pellegrin, with a ship's bell ringing every minute, loud enough to drown out the noise of the Basilica's clock. Somehow, waves lapped the edge of the waterworks.

Tarana, Myrln, Nathalie: The group would make their way to the poorer part of town, downwind of the foundry currently being visited by Neun. The whole place looked ran-down and decayed, filled with grim-faced folk who had their hands on the hilts of crude weaponry, with assorted servant-looking types hustling and bustling from their homes to their places of work.

With Nathalie in the lead, they would come to a stop in front of what had once been a grand manor, but had clearly fallen into disrepair. Metal bolts held the structure intact, while crudely-mortared bricks blocked what had been windows. Outside, sitting on crumbling stairs, were various toughs, who paused in their card game long enough to look at Nathalie, grunt sullenly, and wave them inside.

After going through some halls, and taking the fourth door on the right, they would come to a surprisingly well-decorated study, filled with smoke. Inside was another game of chance, but those seated at this table had the look of serious, professional thieves. None of them so much as stirred to the newcomers, but everyone but Nathalie would have a sudden uncomfortable feeling as though they were being watched with intense scrutiny.

"Lady Rochelle."

The woman sitting at the ornate desk at the far end of the room looked up to the group. A bit of a smile played about her face as she regarded the party.

"Nathalie."

"These people are interested in joining our little group."

[cult language=ON]
"Tarana is one of us. The Sidhe is not. There is profit out of this arrangement. You'll note that I remain alive, while our brother does not."

"Did they kill him?"

"Them and their adventurer friends, indirectly. And the collectors decided they pay better, so we'll need to arrange with the Ingots to recruit for us."

"Good, he deserved to die. We'll handle it later. Assure the collectors that they are relieved with our blessing provided we receive the silver price."
[cult language=OFF]

"But perhaps they should speak for themselves, no?"

A smile, and the witch went to join the group at the table, who budged over and dealt her a new hand.

"I understand that I have you lot to thank for eliminating our idiot brother. Sit, speak. Share a drink among friends."

Rochelle, apparently a half-sister of Nathalie, indicated the chairs before her desk, eying the strangers with mild interest and some degree of respect. The last words were spoken in a tone that indicated equal parts command and request, while the word "friends" was loaded with irony.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:43:39 pm by Ross Vernal »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »

Do you accept us as your guests?
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2013, 04:52:45 pm »

"Hail, smith. Can you make me a shield out of this starmetal I found?"

((This should be spoken in dwarven.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2013, 02:43:24 am »

If there is no temple to Mingan, ask around if there are any of his priests in town. If there IS a temple and the GM forgot to include it in the description, head there.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2013, 09:18:23 am »

Tarana graciously landed on the proposed chair. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Rochelle. If you forgive me I'll remain silent and let my friend and leader of our adventuring party to speak  first. Subordination is important in our adventuring business" [/glow=blue,1,1]. The tone hinted that Tarana is far from happy that she needs to follow Myrln and his plans
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2013, 11:51:20 am »

While I suppose it is, I really only took the position because everyone else either didn't want the role, was snarling, or trying to kill each other. Anyhow, if I can call ourselves guests here, I'm happy with that and we can get down to business.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2013, 02:52:39 pm »

"Come inside."

The dwarf would idly tap ashes from his pipe, down the rest of his drink, and proceed into the building. For some odd reason, he appeared to have an office inside, behind a thick metal wall. One inside, the lingering scent of metalwork would remain, but the noise and smoke would be minimal.

"May I see it?"

Assuming he could, the dwarf would hold it, make a few noises, and then shake his head before handing it back.

"You have a few options. I can make a buckler out of this. I can make the core of a larger shield out of this, and use other materials to finish it. Or, I can turn it into blacksteel, and make one out of that. It's less resistant to powers, but it'll keep better. And I warn you, it's going to cost pretty coin. Even more to get it done quickly."

He grinned, reasonably certain that he could inflate the price a bit. Not too much - Dwarven solidarity and all - but you'd have to be daft to ignore extra money when you could get it.

"Now, I don't anticipate you and your party will have the chance, but... hold that thought. Here. Drink up."

The dwarf would stop his attempts to explain a quest, choosing instead to tap a keg and hand a reasonable-sized mug of dwarf-beer to Neun.

"Strong, yes... but it's missing that certain something special. If you and your party could harvest some underground redmoss, some Northen Denca oranges, and coriander, I would gladly give you a few barrels and perform any repairs on your party's equipment for free."

He grimaced a bit.

"The new taxes the Emperor of Ragras put on Denca trade goods has really hurt the quality of our beer. Not to mention the merchants, though the smugglers are certainly glad for it."

[cult language=ON]
"I'm sure you let him think that, sister."
[cult language=OFF]

Rochelle gave Myrln a smile.

"I will answer your question with this: you are armed and closer to me than my dear Ingot business partners are to you, and you are here to discuss business. Let's not mince words. What exactly do you want? How can we profit from each other?"

She would pull out a slightly dusty bottle of what appeared to be sherry, conjured glasses, poured for the three of them, took a sip from each in turn to prove the lack of poison, and pushed the glasses towards Tarana and Myrln, a half-smile on her face.

Morgrod would proceed into the templefortress. Inside, warpriests practicing their forms with gunstock clubs would look at the newcomer, indicate which direction he should head, and then promptly resume the ritual "combat", ignoring him as politely as they could. After heading off to the side, he would come to a lengthy hallway, considerably less Spartan than the rest of the temple. Warm, red carpet underneath woven with the green and silver sigils of Mingan extended from wall to wall, with various people performing devotions and ablutions within.

A Blood Elf in the midnight blue and silver of a high priest would approach, with a red-and-silver tassel bouncing from his belt indicating that he was a sixth-ranked priest and the current High Priest.

"Welcome to Garrison, Kysine. Eternal night to you."

He'd wait for the appropriate gesture of respect, and then return it, touching two bloody fingers to his forehead and then to the head of Morgrod.

"What brings you here?"

Zoah: Zoah would see the other party members vanish into a building. Outside were several people who were obviously security and watching the building, while certain shadows and brief flashes behind windows would indicate quite clearly that the area was being monitored.

His musings would be cut short by a brusque yet polite voice from behind, carefully out of attack range.

"State your business or begone. Your kind is not welcome here."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2013, 02:58:29 pm »

Morgrod knelt, bowing it's head to the priest.
Greetings, honoured one. I come to pay my respects and ask of what you know about a priest back in _______. He has asked me to aid him in providing a new body, which I believe he will use to take over the current ruler's position, being a relative. Would this man's rule be better for the Temple of Mingan?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47