Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37603 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (IC Thread)
« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2013, 02:28:58 am »

Now, see, normally I'd give you vinegar and laugh, but right now I'm feeling nice, so we'll give you some water.

Myrln promptly gets a flask filled with water and holds it up to her lips.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2013, 02:37:24 am »

"Heh, sorry about that. Forgot about untying you for second. Anyways, Myrin, I think I'll let you finish the questioning. I've heard meteors come down in these deserts a lot, and they have some nice properties as blades."

Cast a spell to divine the location of any nearby meteoric iron deposits. Make sure to consume mana potions if I'm running low, and to take ~2-3 with me on the search.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2013, 02:39:03 am »

Myrln sees Neun pull out a mana potion.
Hey, do you mind if I have one of those? I'm rather drained at the moment.
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2013, 02:39:56 am »

"We have plenty. Take one if you need one."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2013, 02:42:10 am »

Excellent. That'll get this damn headache to go away.

After he's finished watering the woman, Myrln goes and downs one of the party's mana potions.
Sig! Onol

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2013, 02:59:43 am »

"Common. Don't pretend that  she has any chance to seriously hurt us or run away if we'll untie her. You, guys, suck in diplomacy. People prefer negotiate untied. " Demongirl sat near the mage and began to untie her with a clear indication that Tarana doesn't care about what other party members think about her decision.

[cult language=on]
What a pleasant surprise. Be sure that I'll try to save your ass, mostly  because you are way more  pleasant and useful company than this group of sadistic, bloodthirsty and ignorant males I am forced to spend my time with. By the way, I am Tarana [/cult language=off]
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2013, 03:06:53 am »

Myrln throws up his hands.
Well, I won't stop you, but I must insist that we tie her back up at night. Leaving her untied and us asleep - but for the person on watch - is a bad recepie.
Sig! Onol

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2013, 06:04:26 am »

Zoah had remained silent this entire time, tending to his wound. He had pulled the arrow shaft out of his thigh and gently wrapped the wound in a piece of torn clothing. This was a fairly common injury to sustain in battle, especially when you literally flew into combat. Once had finished he stood up and walked over to where the woman was being tied up, listening to his fellow adventurers discuss her fate. Morgred filled him with a sense of pure disgust and rage, but that was nothing unusual.

At the end of the day, it seemed that she had been spared thanks to the others. "Pay careful attention to your actions, comrades. Even the most harmless looking flower can be lethally venomous.[/color]"

[ Zoah raises his guard and keeps a very careful eye on this mage. ]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2013, 08:41:43 pm »

Present Setting - Garrison Springs is the edge of the desert, and is bordering on being a steppe / foothills. It gets more rainwater than the surrounding desertscape. The town is named after the two most distinguishing features - there are hot springs, and the town is surrounded by a large wall. The architecture involves narrow streets and high buildings, made of adobe bricks and granite. The town is notable for gambling, prostitution, mining, and ranching. It's the sort of place people live in by necessity as opposed to choice. Still, there's a few sprawling villas, indicating that despite the bleak, harsh life, a few people have struck it rich. As it stands, the mountain passes are completely impassable until the spring thaw.

Relative Timing/Location - Outside the wall, out of sight of the guards. Mid-day. It's overcast and you can see a storm cresting over the mountain, indicating that there might just be some water coming down today.

Notable NPC's - The Viscount of Garrison, the Guard Captain, the Agent of Ragras, the Warden, the Rancher, the Bank Owner, and the Hangin' Justice of the Peace.

Other Details - There are several Plot Rails in this town. Also, there's a surprisingly secure prison up the mountains, where convicts are drained of their mana and forced to mine. The spies in the group have been disposed of, and the rest of the former bandits, upon receiving coin, have made binding pledges to remain loyal to the party. Despite the party's  lack of authority to actually do so, many of the party's minions consider themselves apprentice Adventurers, a rumor that the party quietly encourages to keep morale up.

It is okay to split the party here. It's a big town, there's lots to do.

"Well, here we are," Nathalie (the witch, obviously) shrugged, gesturing to the towering wall. "Home sweet home. If you can call this place sweet. I don't."

Another shrug.

"But, you can make a living here. Now, before we go in, we need a plan. I'm going to see the Agent, assuming one of you lot cares to accompany me. I suggest you give the company permission to engage in celebratory festivities, since they're going to spend that gold you gave them whether or not you give them permission."

A dry chuckle.

"Anything you'd like to ask me before we proceed?"

At the moment, the road was empty, although a few local settlers were lounging in the shade, as well as a few others slowly making their way up to the city to sell their labor or buy vitals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2013, 08:48:36 pm »

Myrln tilted his head.
Are there any shops in the area you could direct me to? I need to buy something. One of the rest of you can accompany Nathalie to the meeting. Let's see...
Myrln looks at each of his companions in turn.
Tarana ... not so sure. Morgred no. Not a good idea. Zoah ... hmm. Neun ... you're actually not too bad tempered. I think. How'd you like to accompany her?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2013, 10:18:10 pm »

"Mining town. There's at least three general stores. Sorry, but you'll need to be more specific if you want me to help."

There were thousands of people in the town. It was pretty big, given the assorted local industries.

"And not you? Hmph. I'd prefer Tarana or you, I trust both of you about as far as I can throw you. Which is to say, I don't trust anyone at all, but my distrust for the both of you is marginally less."

[cult language = ON]
"What a dumbass..."
[cult language = OFF]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2013, 10:26:12 pm »

Myrln slumps.
Fine, I guess I'll have to wait until later to buy an overly large staff in order to tease Tarana for her tendency to make compensation jokes. I'll go with you.
He turns to address the 'apprentice adventurers'.
Feel free to go about and celebrate. Just don't break any laws, since you're not covered by the Guild yet, and you should be fine.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2013, 10:41:49 pm »

"Oh, a woodcarver? Well, there's three. One is mainly furniture, so he's right out. Another is more of an artist type - like, actual wood carvings, burning in pictures. You know, things like that. You'll want to go down Quartz Lane-" (she gestured thataways) "-past the butcher shop and the barber. Look for the shop with a fresh coat of paint, ask for Nathan. He shares space with a woodseller and a carpenter. Not the biggest lot in town, but I think they do the best work for their money."

She shrugged again.

"It's just that the two of you are the most trustworthy looking, without looking too... clean. No offense, big boy."

The last was addressed at Zoah, presumably.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2013, 11:09:02 pm »

Myrln, stifling his laughter while thinking, She thinks I'm trustworthy? Hah! I'm even better at this talking thing than I thought, says to her,
Well, thank you for that. I'll go check up on that later. But for now, let's go get the meeting out of the way, shall we?

Head to the meeting with the Agent with ... witch lady.
Company of bandits is given permission to go celebrate and stuff.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2013, 12:56:16 am »

So... can I go do whatever the fuck I want?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47