Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 37568 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (IC Thread)
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2013, 01:47:05 am »

Myrln smirked. "Not too much of a challenge, I'm sure."
He flexes his fingers in preparation for the trial to come.
His eyes narrow.
His breath quickens.
His hoof paws the ground -
It appears I've been turned into a minotaur.

He flexes his fingers, then extends one hand, closes his eyes, and concentrates, focusing on the sensation of tearing away hunks of chicken with his teeth, delicious moisture flowing across his tongue with each bite...
Delicious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2013, 01:54:41 am »

"Preferably something intelligent and an adult. As much of a contradiction as it sounds, a Corinthiian priest or disciple would be ideal for our purposes. Or an Illenite. As far as the body goes? I'm not quite sure whether hearing the blood flowing through my veins would be a distraction or a relief. Bone would do quite nicely for now."

There was a moment of silence.

"On second thought, I find myself strangely attracted to the idea of impersonating a law-mage and using their sacred books as rolling paper. I always was fond of smoking when I was alive, and I haven't indulged my vices in some time. I'm sure you understand."

"I forget how literal-minded your kind is. Allow me to rephrase: could you make my chicken more moist?"

The Duke grinned and then loudly called for strong ale.

Common sense would suggest that while this conversation was going on, the rest of the party was drinking, eating, and otherwise conversion.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2013, 01:58:59 am »

Of course, so you wish to have your soul moved into the body of a law-mage?

Comply with his requests and try to find an example of whoever he specifies.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2013, 02:07:00 am »

Myrln smiles enigmatically.
"Ah, but if I were to interpret that in a certain way, I could simply answer, 'yes I could' and leave it at that. A better way to phrase it would be 'please make my chicken moister' or something along that turn of phrase. He shrugs. "But, since I'm a good guy, I'll do what you intended to ask."
Myrln reaches out with his glamor and befuddles the Duke's mind into thinking the chicken is moist.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:23 am »

"As any other devoted priest" Tarana smiled and sipped some wine trying to forget the dream she was reminded about "And I should say that Coranthiir's priests are quite harmless if you compare them to followers of some other gods. By the way, what gods are respected most in your lands? Are there any notable churches and sects around? That may be useful in my job here"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2013, 03:07:40 am »

[I'm going to have this scene end soon, unless anyone has any objections? The information in question has been given, and the first of the individual quests has been unlocked. There's not much more I can say aside from flowery descriptions of the next few courses.]

"Capital, again. "

The Duke grinned, then drank some of the ale. He would give Myrln another smile, and give a subtle nod in the direction of some of the background nobles, a mischevious sparkle in his eye. This was quickly replaced by a wince, as the Duchess had kicked him under the table again and whispered a few words into his ear.

Still, after the Duchess had turned to resume her conversation, the Duke looked back at Myrln, clearly expecting shenanigans for his drunken amusement.

"Thankeesera. The Calts of Shin and Malu. And the Knoights of Shaedows. Thems as follow Bree first, Shin second, and Mingan third. Guilds. And the Groit Houses Wren and Miiren. The Doke be of House Miiren like the Queen. The treedor be a Wren."

The priest didn't look very thrilled to admit the last part. Clearly, there was some sort of diplomacy involved in this that could totally escalate into a civil war.

"Maineres, the Capetal-

"Maneras."

"has an ensution* where they ken th' stores* and dae th' oilchemical orts. "

[*institution
** stars]

"Naturally, the first thing they did was to move the consecrated bodies out of here, behind lawwards. Nothing around here but dust and me. By all means, bring me anyone As long as it's not the idiot upstairs. I can't "ken" his "oigscent." And there's truly no rush - if there is one thing we both have plenty of, it's time."

The skull rattled and came close to levitating, but failed. A spider exited from the eye sockets, and the grey light within flashed, curling the spider into death throes.

"Okay, perhaps there is some rush to it."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2013, 03:16:47 am »

PTW. Because its the right thing to do.

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2013, 04:43:20 am »

Zoah took his time with his dinner, listening to the Duke and Mryln. He figured that they would end up having to kill this man. Sometimes that's how the cracker crumbled.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2013, 06:42:42 am »

Of course my lord. My I ask if you mean to... replace the ruling lord?

Get his answer and head off to find the temple of the religion he specified. Taking the knife of course.

((What are the rituals for sacrificing to Mingan?))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2013, 02:22:40 pm »

Neun silently drank his brandy, while watching Myrin and the Duke and waiting for some drunken shenanigans to start.

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2013, 11:16:48 am »

Zoah finished his food quickly and paid little mind to the things happening. His mind was filled with dozens of plans and tactics and the next course of action the group should take. If not for that rotten corpse he could have taken control of the party more easily. That meant that they could have eaten, gotten their information and then been following one of his plan to rescue the children.

Maybe he was just getting too fill of drink...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2013, 02:12:35 pm »

Tarana smiled to the priest and then concentrated on the dinner and mild flirting with the Captian. She tried to demonstrate that she is not interested in priest anymore, but in fact she planned to find some time to approach him after the feast and try to get him in some private area, to ask the priest about her weird dream.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2013, 02:43:44 pm »

[In order to know which place to switch to, we need votes as to where:

Oasis is one day's travel.
Garrison is two days in the opposite direction.
The Barony is another week beyond Garrison.

If there are no votes or no majority, DM-fiat will shunt you on the way to Oasis.]

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2013, 08:00:50 pm »

Oi! I haven't finished my 'work'. Gimme a couple of updates to do my shit before we all leave okay? Maybe make them when everyone else is asleep or something?

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2013, 08:02:49 pm »

((I think we should jump to Garrison.))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47