Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Inferno MOO (Multiplayer Text-Based Post-Apocalyptic Roleplaying Game)  (Read 21658 times)

MsTroika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was it Namine hassling you by any chance? She's kind of a dipshit and you should reveal her nonsense to chatnet for everyone to laugh at.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely Namine, though she was supposedly robbing another apartment there and he freaked out.
By the way, don't get an apartment in Lurleen unless you're prepared to defend your home entirely by yourself. Get an apartment in FC, like in Sweaty Palms or Helliday if you want good security.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely Namine, though she was supposedly robbing another apartment there and he freaked out.
By the way, don't get an apartment in Lurleen unless you're prepared to defend your home entirely by yourself. Get an apartment in FC, like in Sweaty Palms or Helliday if you want good security.
I don't know what I want in an apartment in InfernoMOO save for it to be affordable and out of the way so that people don't bother me all the time. Sweaty Palms and Helliday Inn are not either of those. You say money is easy to come by but I don't think it is personally. Most I've ever had in HellMOO was $100,000 but that was when I had my own corporation and had a couple other players working with me on that. Otherwise I at most throughout my couple years playing have had maybe $1,000-$5,000 at any given time, which isn't much compared to the other players having their millions and flaunting it about. I mean I'll give Sweaty Palms another chance but only if Namine isn't online when I log in. I don't want them knowing where I live in InfernoMOO as I don't trust people who go out of their way to engage in player-versus-player combat in any game, especially when I can't turn it off, especially when they follow me for ten or twenty screens.

Was it Namine hassling you by any chance? She's kind of a dipshit and you should reveal her nonsense to chatnet for everyone to laugh at.
I don't grief people under any circumstance, and what you're suggesting I do constitutes griefing. I just want to engage in player-versus-enemy combat and maybe eventually reroll and do the same as a crafter and researcher because I have a strong disliking for player-versus-player combat. I have to be in the right mood to engage in it and that's a rare mood for me to be in considering the only player-versus-player combat games that I could actually excel in weren't MUDs that I have a difficulty understanding on the account of a sensory input problem related to my Asperger's. I mean I can read but it's kind of hard when there's a lot of stuff going on.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what I want in an apartment in InfernoMOO save for it to be affordable and out of the way so that people don't bother me all the time. Sweaty Palms and Helliday Inn are not either of those.

Places that fit that criteria will have little if any security, thus you will be bothered until people know that you have nothing (of value) left. Then they will just visit you every so often to verify that this holds true.

And money is easy to come by, but only in the endgame of a character/corp. Chopping pattons is the best way to make money, but you gotta craft them.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

Chopping pattons is the best way to make money, but you gotta craft them.

How much does patton-chopping give you? I've been doing the Refinery for my money needs.

I'm Chaz, by the way.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like 400k or some such. Might be 200k, depends on insurance and stuff.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

:o
Well, that's definitely better than 40k a pop.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what I want in an apartment in InfernoMOO save for it to be affordable and out of the way so that people don't bother me all the time. Sweaty Palms and Helliday Inn are not either of those.

Places that fit that criteria will have little if any security, thus you will be bothered until people know that you have nothing (of value) left. Then they will just visit you every so often to verify that this holds true.

And money is easy to come by, but only in the endgame of a character/corp. Chopping pattons is the best way to make money, but you gotta craft them.
That's fine and all but I'm not going to bother playing right now until my mind is a little more stable, and even then I'm probably going to ditch the old handle and make a new one altogether. Just kick Delphinus from the corporation and then maybe when I'm feeling a little more sane I'll roll a new account and log back in to play with you guys, but until then I'm not going to bother with InfernoMOO on the account that I'm dealing with some real life issues right now that are making me a little unstable.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like 400k or some such. Might be 200k, depends on insurance and stuff.
With insurance its closer to 700k

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a little bit of advice - give me some room to make my own mistakes and perhaps learn my own style and methods of playing the game. It would make things a lot easier on me and would perhaps cause me a lot less pain and frustration. I appreciate the help but sometimes the lot of you give a little too much help and it takes the fun out of the game.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a little bit of advice - give me some room to make my own mistakes and perhaps learn my own style and methods of playing the game. It would make things a lot easier on me and would perhaps cause me a lot less pain and frustration. I appreciate the help but sometimes the lot of you give a little too much help and it takes the fun out of the game.
By giving this advice publicly for this game, you have made a target of yourself. Just get out now. They don't care about your lack of pain or frustration. Most like giving it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kill journals finally go to everyone fighting the thing, instead of just one random person. Fuck yes.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By giving this advice publicly for this game, you have made a target of yourself. Just get out now. They don't care about your lack of pain or frustration. Most like giving it.
Already got the fuck out of dodge. Personally I think my biggest mistake was wanting to play with you people instead of against you.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Already got the fuck out of dodge. Personally I think my biggest mistake was wanting to play with you people instead of against you.

If you find a corp of players to ally yourself with, you can play with a lot of people instead of against them. At this point in the game (unless things changed in the last week or so, I've been a bit busy and unable to play as much), people don't even grief a lot, as there aren't enough players around that they really want to bully people off the game (yet). If you aren't a public annoyance people hardly even care, especially if you aren't that powerful. I've stayed out of PVP almost entirely so far, except for while playing that fun little King of the Hill game. I am going to kindly suggest that you are overreacting just a tiny bit, and I mean this with no offense towards you whatsoever.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you find a corp of players to ally yourself with, you can play with a lot of people instead of against them. At this point in the game (unless things changed in the last week or so, I've been a bit busy and unable to play as much), people don't even grief a lot, as there aren't enough players around that they really want to bully people off the game (yet). If you aren't a public annoyance people hardly even care, especially if you aren't that powerful. I've stayed out of PVP almost entirely so far, except for while playing that fun little King of the Hill game. I am going to kindly suggest that you are overreacting just a tiny bit, and I mean this with no offense towards you whatsoever.
Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather play a game that isn't InfernoMOO instead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7