Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain  (Read 17394 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2013, 12:01:38 am »

May as well go, ORCACommander. We can let him back in ofter your turn.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2013, 07:59:50 am »

I'll be busy this weekend as well. Don't wait up for me, I don't want to delay things at all. The fortress itself looks cool at any rate.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2013, 11:51:38 am »

easy there mega I'll have something up before the end of the week

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »

dear god is this place a mess. military needs rebuilding... dining hall not built like i want it. outdoor refuse? a graveyard and bone pile where the stone stockpile was a supposed to go. farms in the trade goods area. looks like i am spending the round playing clean up

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2013, 05:34:52 pm »

Thaaaaaaaanks :)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2013, 06:13:20 pm »

Hey, that bone stockpile is for crafting! I'm not sure about the cemetery, though.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2013, 12:42:17 am »

ORCACommander's Journal

1st of Granite in the Year 1056
Armok what a mess.  The entire place is in chaos no wonder cmega just threw the desk out the window and Said I Am Done. Now everyone is looking back to me since I did such a nice job when we started. Its going to be a long Year

6th  of Granite in the Year 1056
Did a bunch of mass designations today. We need raw stone storage and why the forge materials are so far away I’ll never guess. I hated having to walk all that way for my iron.  Also started work on the indoors refuse pit. Damn corpses stinking up the trade depot.
Also had a poor misguided goblin try to steal one of our whelps today. IF we can capture dragons why worry about a little gobo?

28th  of Granite in the Year 1056
More snatcher filth but I am not concerned. I think I will start construction on a trade road if we ever get the time. Mean time I am starting to forge steel weapons. Once we have a bit of that the armor can follow.

8th  of Slate  in the Year 1056
Some migrants have arrived Despite the danger. Good I could use more people to haul while the important people work on things.
One of our more religious dwarves noticed one of the new migrants arrived here possessed by something. When I had the guard confront the dwarf in question he barricaded himself in a craft dwarf shop and the demon within him said he would only release the poor bastard if he gets what he wants in the most vaguest of terms. Hope the bloke turns out alright.

8th  of Slate  in the Year 1056
The Demon Has everything it wants. But it still refuses to leave the dwarf’s body. It says it must assemble what it has been given or it shall go stark raving mad. I got enough corpses to inter right now so I am willing to go along with it.

22nd  of Slate  in the Year 1056
It would appear the demon made a toy boat out of phyllite. He named it Basenmothis (Soayedgrieves). I had to see what this trinket looked like:

This is a phyllite toy boat.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of dog leather.  This object menaces with spikes of pig bone and red flash opal.  On the item is an  image of kapoks in phyllite. 

Gota say most disappointing. I must say I am sure the battering rams are not supposed to be vertical though.

A note to my successor. The deeps need to be sealed up to only a single access point. That point needs to be well protected as well.

12th  of Felsite  in the Year 1056
Bloody elves again. Lets see if I can get rid of half the garbage mound.

9th  of Hematite   in the Year 1056
Filthy elves accused us of harboring wood product amongst the filthy rags we were trading to them. I spat at them for the insult and took what we wanted anyways. I suppose now it’s the job of the humans to bear the brunt of rag disposal.

14th of Malachite in the Year 1056
Second Migrant Wave this year. Hmmm perhaps I can now start to flush the ranks of the military out again.

24th of Malachite in the Year 1056
Hmmm most of the ghosts have disappeared with the burial ceremonies finally being completed.  I wonder if anyone has gotten around to smoothing the feasting hall yet?

28th of Malachite in the Year 1056
I awake to Sirens in the Deeps. They tell me a forgetten Beast has come.

Azstrog Whisperdreams the Poisoned Labryrinth
A towering hairy serpent.  It has a pair of branching antennae and it squirms and fidgets. Its dark green hair is long and shaggy.  Beware its webs!

It is way down in the third deep. It will be some time before can get the soldiers there to do battle!

29th of Malachite in the Year 1056
Victory! The soldiers caught it in the stairwell leading down to the deeps. A crossbowdwarf managed to put a olt in its upper spine while one of the swordsdwarves stabbed at it from below. Although it grieves me to report we did loose 1 dwarf to the fell creature. We shall get mighty drunk in his name!

19th of Galena in the Year 1056
So my plans to offload filthy rags on the Humans? Not gona happen instead they have laid siege to us! The gall! All Ozark did was imply what he could do with a plump helmet with the caravan guard’s wife. I’ll have to teach him the better part of valor after I deal with the humans
It occurs to me we have no bunker to usher the civies into. This needs to be rectified.

28th of Malachite in the Year 1056
And yet another demon has taken possession of one of us. Just a cook this time so I do not think any harm will come from it.
The Son of Bitch took my forge!  He better Make ME Something nice.

2nd of Limestone  in the Year 1056
Autumn has come and I have broken the humans. I have ordered a steel sarcophagus to be made for myself. Unfortunately falafel took a bad step and died the in the battle.

23rd of Limestone  in the Year 1056
The damn possessed cook Made a platinum BREASTPLATE!  I know where I am putting that.
Atzularbin, “Gladecradle”

This is a platinum breastplate.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of baguette cut turquoises, crundle bone and sheep leather.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of platinum and acacia and menaces with spikes of phyllite.  On the item is an  image of Braidfrighten the aquamarine table in obsidian. 
On the item is an  image of `Ozarck' Bridledlabors the dwarf in muskox leather.  `Ozarck' Bridledlabors is  laboring.  The artwork relates to the settling of the dwarf `Ozarck' Bridledlabors in  Gravecinders in the early spring of 1051. 

Glade cradle…. I am cradling all right now that I know where that precious platinum went.

12th of Sandstone  in the Year 1056
More migrants. I want  our caravan to get here to get rid of all this crap not more mouths to feed.
I can’t help but wonder why the filthy elven diplomat is spending an awful lot of time in our crypts…

10th of Timber in the Year 1056
At Last! A bitch dragon to breed with our male. Let’s hope she wonder’s into the cages. Then we may begin the breeding program. Otherwise I suspect the 136 of us will be extra crispy soon.
The Lore master reveals to me her name being Slkga Heatglows the Flames of Bejewling. With a name like that, I will welcome her into my forge provided we can capture and tame her.
And another stupid dragon has caught itself in a cage. Merry Day!

Another thief. I know the roasts and mead smell good and we will kindly barter some away or for coin but the five-finger discount is a real rule here!
Finally, our caravan is here. Guess that was what the sulking kobold was really after. No matter, time to get rid of these rags and a few excess supplies.
Dear god my hands are cramped from singing invoices and shipping orders. I just want to relax now work my forge and oversee the breeding pits.

28th of Timber in the Year 1056
Alath has been acting strange lately. Not talking to his fellow dwarves and avoiding parties lately. Also of note there are several items missing from the stockpiles. I wonder if the two are connected.

Its winter now not that you can tell in this blazing hot volcano. My part is going well. Still wish alath was here.

17th of Moonstone  in the Year 1056
Alath finally showed up to my birthday part and presented me with a draltha leather cpa he had been working on. I guess that explains the missing supplies and why he was being so withdrawn lately.
Asobtharnas “Boardslayers”

This is a draltha leather cap.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with round obsidian cabochons, decorated with draltha leather and encircled with bands of cushion obsidian cabochons.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of dacite and menaces with spikes of yak leather and palm.  On the item is an  image of a Longland grass in cave crocodile bone.  On the item is an  image of forgotten beasts in black zircon.  On the item is an  image of radiant cut gems in water buffalo bone. 

Mistem , our esteemed mayor, has taken upon himself to demand a steel weapon wrack in his office.  It does not matter to him that we just furnished him with a nice obsidian one. Greedy bastard there is barely any steel for my sarcophagus.

14th of Obsidian in the Year 1056
Of course something had to go wrong in the month of obsidian. As I am supervising the installation of my steel sarcophagus, shame I do not have time to get it jewel encrusted and studded with precious metals, a vile force of darkness is beating down the gates. Time to warm up the meat grinder.

15th of Obsidian in the Year 1056
So far the caravan guards are holding their own with our marksdwarves providing some limited covering fire. I feel almost guilty for giving them so much shit that it’s taken nearly all season to pack it all up. Almost

15th of Obsidian in the Year 1056
Siege has been broken. Thankfully, no resident casualties but the caravan did take a few hits. I surprised to learn that a goblin general had been struck down in the carnage. Most surprising since they usually run first. We will also have a great deal more prisoners to execute during the new year.

28th of Obsidian in the Year 1056
My term has again expired. I was not able to do some large projects but the place has gotten a bit tidier. I just hope who does come after is vigilant with the dragon eggs. They are strictly not for cooking.

<<Spring 1057 DOWNLOAD>>

I'll address some formatting bugs in the morning. Meanwhile reaver can not get to this until next week. So falafel feel free to have a flesh remap and take it up
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:49:25 pm by ORCACommander »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2013, 01:04:15 am »

I got second billing to a table.
On he other hand, I have been immortalized on an actually useful artifact.
Hehe. Plump helmet. I'll show her a .... What? I only implied a little.

Especially considering how much I could have implied. Heheheh

Did you put to rest the ghost in the atom smasher? He was my pet. maybe I should move his slab into my tomb, that he might rest at my feet forever.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2013, 01:14:57 am »

nope the smasher ghosts are yet to be slabbed atm. but bed time for me now!

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2013, 03:07:11 am »

My heart is very sad to learn about my own death...

But I will still do my duty to the fort.  Stay put for updates soon.

Thanks to ORCA for the cleanup job :)

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2013, 04:09:12 am »

How sweet, my predecessors left me presents.  :)

Time to pick up where I left off: The execution arena.  Our populace has been too coddled from the horrors of our fortress, so it's time to show them what death is really like.

First things first.

Hmmm... not sure what the deal is with the current military setup.  Regardless, I have a feeling that the atmosphere will be a great deal more martial by the end of this year. 

Since this will be an area with monsters running loose, we'll assign an emergency route to the marksdwarves.  This will also allow casual executions.  Once the military is bigger, we can work out a patrol schedule for the whole fort.

Really?  LATHERworker?  What kind of a fortress have I gotten myself into?

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about... My population is quivering in anticipation for the slaughter.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:35:27 am by falafelsandwich »

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2013, 12:17:59 pm »

mmmm i wonder what the inventory status for constructing my danger room is

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile