Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain  (Read 17398 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2013, 11:08:38 am »

Nah, let's go ccording to rotation. Sumyunguy is next. If he doesn't go, then back to the beginning, with ORCACommander. We should probably have a "if you don't respond in x [amount of time], it's the next person's turn" rule. Or, if we already do, we should follow it.

Sumyunguy, you're up!

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2013, 12:34:29 pm »

Alrighty then, I'll try to get the save and start playing in an couple of hours or so. Just a heads up so no one is curious if I don't post an update right away.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:26 pm »

it is wednesday so i don't mind if Sum goes ahead and gets started but if aqua starts posting stuff you'll have to start over sum and i will have to ask toady to delete your in character posts.

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:34 pm »

it is wednesday so i don't mind if Sum goes ahead and gets started but if aqua starts posting stuff you'll have to start over sum and i will have to ask toady to delete your in character posts.

That's fine. If he starts posting and I've already started I will just edit my posts to be blank. But hopefully Aqua will be able to participate.

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2013, 07:09:01 pm »

Not to start a string of dropouts, but I am unable to start the save and get going. I just don't have enough free time to start playing. Sorry, everyone.  :(

Maybe next go around. Again, I apologize...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2013, 07:19:18 pm »

It's okay, you didn't start the string, ehehehe ....

Who has successfully had a turn?
ORCACommander, ReaverAxis falafelsandwich, myself, and Cmega.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

well this is a problem i can't really do anything until monday

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »

I haven't been able to reach him in the past few weeks. Just hold on and I will get to things on monday

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2013, 10:09:22 pm »

If ORCACommander stats starts on monday, we will have only missed a single week. No big deal.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:29:02 pm by Ozarck »

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2013, 08:00:38 am »

Ok, so the new turn order will be:
-ORCACommander
-ReaverAxis
-falafelsandwich,
-Ozarck
-Cmega3
-SumYunGuy
-Aquathug?
-Pufferfish? Haven't seen him in a while.
-Kilozombie? same as puffer.

Yea I'll be willing to give it a whirl. I need to get back into the swing of things anyway.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2013, 08:12:46 am »

lol well you might as well start now. I think you will have to find a dwarf to name yourself though.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2013, 09:19:04 am »

Sweet. I'll get crackin once I get home.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2013, 10:05:02 am »

You'll also get to rebuild the military! yay!

I have many things in store. I snagged df for my work's macbook and will get to poking around soon.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2013, 10:34:56 am »

Journal of Aquathug Kudustdoren, "Aquathug PrinceDiamond" High master chef

Rockdate: Galena the 1st

On this date in the year of our lord Armok 902, I came into this world. My birthday celebration consisted of a gift of a new iron pot from my wife Zefon. Greatly appreciated, but superfluous nonetheless. I can feed hundreds of dwarves with the finest meals made from even the lowliest of ingredients, although the gesture was nice. Armok knows how I ended up as a chef in some podunk volcano fortress in the ass end of nowhere... this is hardly befitting of my noble heritage of chefs and master cooks which has earned my family the name 'Prince Diamond"

As the foremost expert on dwarven cuisine I have worked my way into the hearts of the citizens here, with the help of my protege Lokum. Rock save him, he is a great cook, but he is gaining too much influence with his dishes. I may need to correct this. I have spoken to him before (albiet subtly) about his haughtiness towards his position. He knows of my past acheivements and his own position in the kitchen, but ever since allowing him to work in with me his constant peeking over my shoulder has led him to mimic my own techniques and claim his dishes as being superior to my own. There can be only one great chef per fortress, as I have been taught by my father and my father's father.

On my way toward my workshop of pots and pans, I am once again disgusted by the menagerie of unclean sows and mangy canines, scarfing up whatever leftovers are present on the dining room floor. The abundance of stone in the middle of the dining room impedes the progress of all hungry citizens wishing to fill their dwarven bellies with my meals, something I have grown used to seeing. I have submitted repeated claims to our overseer to clean up this atrocity, but he claims to have higher priorities on his mind. Obviously he does not realize that a proper dining room leads to a better meal.

Little does he know that I have been steadily working my way through the ranks of influence. I will surpass my forefathers as the best chef this world has ever known and my ambition will stop at nothing to acheive this goal. I will begin putting my connections to the test soon, to become the first dwarf on this side of the continent with his own line of cookware and fortress to supply me with goods is my goal. However, this road is a long one, and it is one I must take the first step on quite soon....

Let us begin with Lokum...

(OOC, not going to start any gameplay updates until probably tonight, just only had a brief look at the state of affairs for the fortress. Network security is a full time job and I'll focus on this when I get home.)

EDIT: I think I might have mentioned before that this is my first succession game and I have no idea how to change the graphics back so that it looks like it should for the purpose of better screenshots. I'm not able to experiment with it at the moment and if I don't figure it out I'll still continue with everything as is.

Double Edit: Fuck damnit. Change of plans and I'm on call this weekend. I really don't want to hold anyone else up so I will just ditch this turn. I apologize :(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:11:59 pm by Aquathug »

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

alright i am back. aqua do you want to take the week or should i get started?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14