Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flux stone location  (Read 324 times)

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flux stone location
« on: May 27, 2013, 12:28:59 am »

I embarked on a location with flux stone but i have yet to find any. Is there a specific area i should look out for to find it?
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flux stone location
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 01:07:12 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Flux

The cliff notes version however is that you'll find flux as stone layers.  If the sight actualy has flux stone just dig down and you'll probably hit it eventualy.  Be aware your not actualy looking for a stone named "Flux" your looking for dolomite chalk marble ect... 

I'v had sites where they said they had flux but I didnt find it till I got down into the cavern levels.   If you cant find flux and want to confirm its presence I recommend a prospect all command in DFhack.

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flux stone location
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:10:16 am »

ya ended up just making a new fortress as I had dug down pretty far and hadn't hit any of the flux stones. I was just confused by that article is all
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game