Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)  (Read 21905 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2013, 02:21:27 am »

I'll give Gokajern until the end of the day, then we'll move on to the next person on the list.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2013, 11:44:21 am »

Hello people, Im back ...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2013, 05:46:59 am »

Not sure what happened to Gokajern, but I've PMed Moon Label for the next turn.

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
  • Cannot write post: creature occupying site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2013, 12:07:51 pm »

I got the PM.  I'll try to post my turn by noon on Wednesday the 26th (UTC-6).
Quote from: Toady One on May 10, 2007, 10:59:00 pm
I've moved out of the office and turned in my keys.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2013, 12:28:05 pm »

That would be very quick! Take your time as long as you're active and keep us updated. And good luck!

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2013, 02:02:45 am »

I have learned that the hard way, and now have one adventurer down.  Oopsy.

I'll take my time, on second thought.

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2013, 03:18:44 am »

Alright.  I felt drastically unprepared for the size of the world file and using a peasant-level adventurer.

Here's the download link, after my two attempts to reach the tower.  I compressed the file with 7zip.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-uAKXB5nI9gcUlwM0NnMkxEeUU/edit?usp=sharing
After you uncompress it, the folder still says "Necropia Sappho 2".  I just didn't rename the folder.

I'll have the two stories written in a bit.  In the meantime, the next player may as well have Fun.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2013, 03:33:04 am »

Alright.  I felt drastically unprepared for the size of the world file and using a peasant-level adventurer.

Here's the download link, after my two attempts to reach the tower.  I compressed the file with 7zip.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-uAKXB5nI9gcUlwM0NnMkxEeUU/edit?usp=sharing
After you uncompress it, the folder still says "Necropia Sappho 2".  I just didn't rename the folder.

I'll have the two stories written in a bit.  In the meantime, the next player may as well have Fun.

I'm on it.

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2013, 04:02:49 am »

I may have gotten carried away with the design.  Adventurer 1 of 2, Mensel Plauge[something]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Adventurer 2 of 2 had a little more substance, or maybe just more screencaps.  #2 incoming in a bit.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2013, 06:45:11 am »

Wow thats awesome.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2013, 01:24:47 pm »

everyone died while committing shameful acts

Argonnek pm'd
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:27:47 pm by Niyazov »

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2013, 07:27:44 am »

Hmm Nice story.. But quite short isnt it ?

Ehm.. This is my first succesion adventure game and just to check, this is what am I sussposed to do ?

1. Pickup last save.
2. Start playing game ( Im aware of all rules )
3. Make story about it.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2013, 03:58:12 pm »

Ehm.. This is my first succesion adventure game and just to check, this is what am I sussposed to do ?

1. Pickup last save.
3. Make story about it.

Basically, yes.

Niyazov, you can have up to three adventurers. Are you sure that you want to pass it on so quickly?

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »

1. Pickup last save.
3. Make story about it.

Basically, yes.

Niyazov, you can have up to three adventurers. Are you sure that you want to pass it on so quickly?

I had three adventurers and they all lasted about 5 minutes, so not much room for storytelling there. You'll see  'em in legends.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2013, 05:59:05 pm »

And here begins the tale of Galka Seabanner.

It started innocently enough. I wanted to help out my village, so I asked what I could do.

Seriously? Okay then...

I traveled to the northeast and found a tiny hole in the ground. I carefully walked in, keeping to the shadows, when I heard a voice from deeper in the cave.

This detestable creature seems to have been talking to itself. Even as I get closer, it makes no move to stop me. I move in closer, spear at the ready.

And am killed easily by a vampire. Sigh.
Next!

The adventures of Atki Atkilwom, Crossbowman-in-Training!

After inheriting the crossbow, breastplate, and the iron helm emblazoned with the symbol of our nation, I began my training in the art of the crossbow. Some would argue that I didn't have any claim to them,

but in that case, they shouldn't leave things lying around.

We all must be prepared for the inevitable undead assault. The elders say that the threat of the Necromancers is unending, that the shambling undead will come and take our lands from us if we don't keep ourselves strong. So today, on the 22nd of Malachite, 4079 I begin training with my new weapon. Now, all I have to do is find some bolts... I know! I'll find a city! They always have shops and stuff! I remember going there as a child, to the west. It's just a short walk. What could possibly go wrong?

I make it to the city. It's much less prosperous than I remember. Abandoned structures rot in the sun, and not a single person is on the street. I make my way to the keep, where the lords gladly give me some iron bolts. I thank them profusely and begin the walk back to my hometown to get to training.

Deciding that only a great journey can truly teach my the art of the crossbow, I have conscripted a companion, Tista Imikomo, to come along with me to the black spire in the northern desert. Perhaps we shall find something of note to bring back to the village. She and I will make the journey immediately.

Tista is a little odd. She keep smiling about something, but will never tell me what. Oh well, I'm sure that it's nothing.

We travel a while, and spend the night in the plains with a campfire. On the next day we keep moving north and are forced to pass through several villages to cross deep rivers. This really drives home how important swimming is, even if I don't know how. We follow the rivers north until we get to the mountains. With deep sighs, we look up at the peaks and start climbing. We get to a minor plateau, when a Giant Wolverine charges out of nowhere! I raise my crossbow and take aim, hitting it's right front leg! It charges forward as I'm reloading, seemingly going for Tista. I fire a second bolt, hitting it in the flank, but the moment I start to reload it charges and grabs my foot! As I'm being mauled by the monstrosity, Tista just watches, smiling. As my vision fades I see her turn her back and walk away...

Next adventurer, please!

And here we have the story of Istrul Durpululco.

She woke up from a nap one morning behind a house in Kasmkogigol. She fancied herself an adventurer, always carrying a backpack and a waterskin. Always ready to move from one place to another. In truth, she had no skill with either spear or knife, and hadn't even traveled as far as the next hamlet. But today was different. Something about today made her want to leave.

She hopped up, saying, "I think I want something new. I should raid those tombs to the south!"

This seemed like a good place to start. She made her way to the southern village, crossing some badlands that seeped a palpable evil. She then walked over to the only tomb in the area. Approaching from the southern side, she was met with an ominously flat expanse of wall. She moved to the western edge, when suddenly she saw a horrible figure coming around the corner:

Thinking quickly, our heroine sprinted in the opposite direction! But she wasn't fast enough.

And this, children is why we never approach the tombs to the south of Kasmkogigol. Rumor has it that she was raised by the evil mummy, and walks there still, looking to kill anyone who dares trespass on that hallowed ground.

And that's the last of these adventurers for now.
The save is uploading... kind of. Mediafire isn't playing nice.
Also, I'd like to sign up for another turn.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17