Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)  (Read 21920 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2013, 06:42:48 am »

Gotta watch your skull with them vampires. You get 2 more tries though!

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2013, 11:57:36 am »

I think several players tried to solve the wildlife problem in the retirement home game. The big problem was a glitch causing all animal life to multiply every time someone entered the fortress site. Most of it was underground in the caverns. I don't think you could take care of the problem with just an adventurer. I believe someone had success by flooding the cavern levels with obsidian using DFHack in reclaim mode... but that created further bugs. Feel free to experiment and try to fix it. And feel free to refer to the other game thread for ideas: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119384.0
If there is a "part 2" then creating a world with no caverns may provide success.

Now I am scared of FPS death upon arriving at Bloodspire AND death en route to the fortress.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2013, 12:58:55 am »

Gotta watch your skull with them vampires. You get 2 more tries though!
This is going to end horribly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2013, 04:53:38 pm »

Edit: Seems to be a problem - if you scroll past the first page of potential adventurers to find an old adventurer, the game crashes. This bug appeared in the Museum thread and seems to plague adventurer succession games. I checked in legends mode, and my successful adventurer Nacu Dragonshins is still alive in the Bloodspire, but I won't be able to play him. Guess I need to make a new guy.

That same bug is also present in the museum succession game. The only workaround so far seems to be to visit your old adventurer in game with a new adventurer, and then use DFhack to bodyswap into your old adventurer. I've added a note to the bugreport , it can't hurt if more instances of this bug are reported. Game crashing bugs are usually high priority.

I also wonder if a fix will be found for the multiplying animals/fps bug. I've had one case were it magically fixed itself in the museum succession game, but despite extensive testing, have never been able to reproduce that. (in the case were it occured, an old fortress in that game (sunkengem) was completely overrun by animals and unplayable, but when I reclaimed the site they had all magically dissapeared. )

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2013, 04:39:53 pm »

Bralbaard, I referenced the Museum in my post, as readin your thread was the first time I had heard of ths bug.

I was disappointed to see that nothing has seemingly been done regarding the bug report that you posted.

I really hope that adventure mode gets some love in the next version as it's what I have been playing most recently!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Infernal_Dalek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2013, 05:54:03 pm »

Color me interested. Sign me up for a turn.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2013, 12:20:40 am »

Bralbaard, I referenced the Museum in my post, as readin your thread was the first time I had heard of ths bug.

I was disappointed to see that nothing has seemingly been done regarding the bug report that you posted.

I really hope that adventure mode gets some love in the next version as it's what I have been playing most recently!

And I apparenly only half-read your post before replying, sorry for that.
Usually there's a big round of bug fixing after a new version is released, a lot of that time is spend on old bugs, because this is a crash bug, and the conditions for the crash can be reproduced, it  will likely have high priority.

Also, adventure mode gets a lot of love next update, in fact it has almost exclusively adventure mode content.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2013, 12:36:37 am »

Yes, I would assume that these adventure mode bugs will be eliminated for the next release, to be replaced by newer, more exciting bugs. ; )

Infernal_Dalek, you've been added to the list.

InsanityIncarnate... Sounds like !!FUN!!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2013, 03:17:06 am »

Alright. I'll finish my turn over the next couple of days... see if I can't do something sort-of-useful.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2013, 05:29:16 am »

It doesn't need to be useful as long as it's interesting. .)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2013, 07:22:41 pm »

And involves carnage, death, spectacularly aggressive wildlife, and/or socks.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

And involves carnage, death, spectacularly aggressive wildlife, and/or socks.
Then I shall embark on a quest to collect every sock possible!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2013, 02:10:46 am »

Any progress? I'm eager for more stories. : D

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2013, 06:21:29 pm »

Sorry, I got distracted by one of my other adventurers, who is currently wiping out every city on the continent with a zombie horde.

Anyway, now when I try loading the Necropia save, DF crashes. I'm not sure what causes it, but it worked fine 30 seconds ago. At least, it worked fine until I tried scrolling to the next page of adventurers.

*facepalm*

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2013, 01:35:37 am »

Yep, common bug. I think it happens after a certain number of adventurers have been played, but regardless it causes crashing if you try to scroll down from the first page of civ selection during adventurer creation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17