Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)  (Read 21894 times)

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2013, 10:35:19 am »

Thanks I will try to use it. And make it look less horrible.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2013, 10:35:43 am »

Not a bad turn, I think your adventurer had a good personality.
Bad luck about the town people killing you.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2013, 10:49:01 am »

Ehm everyone sorry, but Im really busy now. And I do not have time to play. I will try to upload my save with only 1 adventurer played.

And about editing that post.. Later..

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »

Ehm everyone sorry, but Im really busy now. And I do not have time to play. I will try to upload my save with only 1 adventurer played.

And about editing that post.. Later..

http://www.filedropper.com/necropiasebastian YOu can dowloand it there..

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2013, 06:31:56 pm »

Lol, sorry guys, I sorta forgot about this (I was anticipating my turn to be much later), in any case can I take the 30th turn?

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2013, 11:24:47 am »

I will PM Argonnek to see what's up.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 24, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »

My turn already? Huh.

The link for the download isn't working. Do I need to sign up for an account?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:36:21 pm by Argonnek »

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2013, 12:16:15 pm »

Goddamn file dropper.. for some reason it deactivated itself... Well I didnt did anything special. Just use save of someone else..

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2013, 12:28:44 am »

Journal of Stren Ikirono
3rd of Limestone, 4079

I’ve finally decided that I’m sick of this place. I’ve come of age, and I have decided that Quemerberu is too dangerous for me. I’ve heard rumors for a long time now about the Dwarven fortress of Bloodspire… but now I know. I found a small slip of paper today, with instructions on how to enter the heavily fortified structure. But I can’t go alone. Our village has heard many tales of adventurers running to that place only to meet their doom, so I must have a companion. I’ve been asking around the village, but nobody is interested. I make my way to the lord’s fortress a short walk from the village. We haven’t heard from them recently, but we wouldn’t listen to those damn nobles anyway.
I approach the odd purple structure, searching for the entrance. The moment I turn the corner, though, I am attacked by a snake! I reflexively kick it in the head.

The nasty reptile collapses in a heap. This is not a good sign. I slowly make my way through the doors, searching for the guards that should be there. Instead I see ravens pecking at the ground in search of bugs to eat. I crept up and beat it into a pulp. I searched the rest of the fortress and killed a second raven. The only thing I gained was a pile of iron crossbow bolts. I left that place and made my way to the nearest village, where a crossbowman named Anthath Erodtestri. Now I can continue onward to the Bloodspire.
We move north across the rocky deserts and reach the mountains before the day is out. With pained expressions, we started hiking up the slopes and through the plateaus. Just a short distance up, we are attacked by a giant wolverine! I throw one of the bolts I had picked up, and drop my pack to lighten myself.

It charges me several times, and knocks me over too many times for my liking. After a quick skirmish, the creature collapses from pain. I walk over and grab my thrown bolt, then use it to quickly kill the monster before it can awaken. I glare at Anthath, who did nothing this entire time. He looks away innocently. I ignore him and we continue on our way.
Less than an hour later, we are attacked by yet another giant wolverine. I wonder if other adventurers have fallen to these animals. This one charges right at Anthath. Suppressing a smug smile, I drop my pack and run forward to help. I punch it a few times, but it doesn’t seem to notice. I run back to my bag to grab a bolt, but it charges and knocks me over. It then flops over, unconscious. I get out from under it, then grab a bolt and end its nasty existence. This is going to be a constant problem, I can tell.
We make camp for the night, and thankfully can sleep uninterrupted until dawn. But the moment we start moving east, we are interrupted by three wolverine men that flew into a rage at the sight of us and started attacking. They, unlike their giant animalistic cousins, were easy to dispatch. After that, we move on.
After a boring trek across the seemingly endless mountains, we are assaulted by even more wolverine men. These came in a group, and managed to wind me during the fight. I genuinely worried for my life, but we managed to kill them. I took an hour nap to heal my injuries, and we continued. Again, we hear a roar, and a giant wolverine comes charging towards us, an unreasoning, frothing madness in its eyes. I drop my pack and hurl a bolt at it, hitting it in the spine. It collapses, and doesn’t move its limbs. Its breathing slows, each breath becoming more pained as the paralysis set in. A smile on my face, I slowly saunter over and look into its berserker eyes.
“Pitiful,” I say.

I spend a while attempting to strangle it, but it suffocates from paralysis before I can. We keep traveling.
After a long day of travel, I build a campfire and we sleep. We are both attacked and killed by kobolds.

Another adventure tomorrow.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2013, 12:44:12 pm »

Soooo... is the turn list still being updated? Can I go after blademan9999?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2013, 02:36:04 pm »

Sappho is the only one who can edit the first post, so while we will let you join in, your name won't get added to the list until she returns.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

That was a good turn, seems like ambushes at night have ended many an adventure in this world.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2013, 06:08:11 pm »

On the eighteenth of Limestone, year 4079, I awoke inside of the ruins of my house. As I had yesterday, and the day before that. Time and lack of maintenance have taken their toll, and now there is no longer even a roof. But fixing it will be hard. So I'll move! I gather all of my possessions: a dagger, a spear, a skin of water, and a pack with some food. Despite the size of my dwelling, I don't have much. I don't know why I have the spear, though. I don't know how to use it. I don't know how to do much of anything, really. Oh well.

Where should I move? I've been in this town, Sweltermerchants, all my life. Maybe another house? ... Nah. That would need just as much work to keep up as my last one. I've heard that dwarven houses last forever. Maybe I'll visit the dwarves' home, and see if I can live there. They have a large town called the something-spire in the deserts just a little while away. It shouldn't take too long to get there.

But I'll have to be a little careful. There are necromancer towers. The undead hordes...

Moving right along! I run out the door (such as it is) and down the slope, then up the other slope and down another slope, to the top of the final peak and down the other side, and up the extremely tall rampway into the palace. I stand there panting for a little bit, and then look up at the hill that I have to climb to get to the keep.

"Whose- *pant* whose idea was it to build a... a city on a mountain?!"

After my rebellious lungs start cooperating again, I crawl up the grassy slope and eventually walk into the blissfully level keep of the fortress. However, I think the trip was wasted. The only person I can see is the High Rag... not the soldiers I was hoping to ask to accompany my to the something-spire.

Disappointed, I raid a buckler, an iron cap, and an iron mace from the militia's stores and ditch my spear somewhere on the tenth (so. many. stairs.) floor of the keep. Dispirited and exhausted, I decide to look for help elsewhere. I groan and start making my way down the hill once more.

I searched throughout the whole city, but to no avail. Fine. I'll go alone. See if I care. I walk confidently west, turning my back on this rotten-out hulk of a city forever.

I don't even get a third of the way there when darkness descends upon me. I think I'll take a nap.

Leopard!
I charge at the creature, flailing my mace above my head. My swing is ill-timed, though, and I miss. It scratches me as I pass by it. No more charging from now on. After a tense battle, the big cat starts running away. I lick my wounds and try to go back to sleep.

I thank the gods that I lived to see the dawn. Wasting no time, I continue my trek to the spire. Before midday, I see the black tip of the spire above the mountain. Instead of going around, I opt to climb the mountain instead. On my way up, I find a dusty piece of paper, barely legible. It seems to contain instructions for how to enter the.. Bloodspire? That's not an inviting name. On the other side of the accursed mountain, I stumble, something chokes, and everything seems to slow down. Taking one step seems to be an insurmountable obstacle. But I can't turn back now, can I? Maybe if I run instead. If I approach from the other side. Maybe.

As I draw away from the dark stone spire, I feel no change in my speed, until suddenly I emerge from the awful molasses-like aura. I knew I was free when I tried to take a step and instead kicked my leg out with all my strength, sending me flying forward and onto my face. I think that I'm better off without companions, now that I think about it.

I skip happily across the mountain until I get to the edges of it. I see the sun setting, then rush back up the slopes. Legend has it that bogeymen avoid mountains and oceans. I build a campfire, pray to the gods, and go to sleep.

Thanking the gods once more for a safe night, I heat my waterskin over the fire, open my pack, and realize that I'm out of food. Damn. I'll have to get to the Bloodspire soon. I go around the north of the mountain, and then start making my way toward the Bloodspire. I get closer than I did before when the aura of slowness hits me like a hammer.

In the distance, I see something awful:

This is going to take a while. I'm walking at 0 FPS. But I remain confident that I'll get there eventually. I spoke WAY too soon.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:12:06 pm by Argonnek »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2013, 09:04:58 am »

Deepest apologies, friends! My absent-mindedness is a powerful force. I've updated the first post and added Gokajern to the list.

Argonnek, if I'm not mistaken, your FPS slowing down should mean you've reached Bloodspire, right? Which might mean you can retire. If you're able to retire (instead of giving in to starvation), I think we can count you as having succeeded in reaching your destination, since animal-related bugs seem to be making normal progress around the tower impossible.

By the way, guys, one of the reasons I've been so distracted is that I'm working on my StoryNexus game, Riddlerocks. If you don't mind the plug, please have a look - here's the forum thread with info: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129427.0

(If you want to help test, I have to activate your character to let you out of quarantine, so let me know your character name in that case.)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2013, 04:54:40 pm »

Over what seems like days, I manage to get closer to the fortress. I notice a path in the dirt... but it's so far away. I made it this far. Maybe I should rest.

Yeah. I'll rest here for a bit. Then continue on toward the fortress.

Eventually.

And so ends the story of Omli Ibumete.

With that, I'm done. The save is here.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17